Bosma Murder Trial 02.23.16 - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial discussion thread.

Please post your comments here, and at all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be pm'ing you, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

Reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

The daily trial threads are for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only. The thread is not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc.

Please discuss trial evidence/testimony only. All off-topic posts will be removed.

:tyou:

Any chance someone could post initials and names of all the parties at the beginning of the threads? I find I completely forget who we're talking about sometimes.

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 35m35 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Court starts today at 9:30 a.m. For a voir dire session without the jury, so I can't report on what's being said. #hamont #Bosma #TimBosma

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 34m34 minutes ago
Inside the courtroom now for #TimBosma murder trial. The Bosma family sitting in the first 3 rows. @CHCHNews

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 28m28 minutes ago
Many familiar faces from the public inside the courtroom who have been here every day since the start of the #Bosma murder trial. @CHCHNews

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 18m18 minutes ago
Lawyers begin with legal arguments, jurors are not in the room which means we can't report. Stay tuned @CHCHNews #Bosma

Adam Carter
Feb 23 2016 8:59 AMBack in court for the Bosma trial today. Follow along for updates.

Feb 23 2016 9:04 AMCourt starts today with a voir dire session without the jury at 9:30 a.m. I'll be in the room, but can't report anything that's said in absence of the jury.

Feb 23 2016 9:34 AMWe're in the courtroom now, as are both accused and their lawyers. I'll start giving updates once the jury is in the room.

@susanclairmont Do the courts appoint someone to monitor what media is tweeting/writing to ensure nothing is reported that shouldn't be?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago

I think it's safe to say all the lawyers/detectives are watching everything we do.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1h1 hour ago
Indicator that #Bosma trial is in its 4th week: Dellen Millard's legal team from Toronto is greeting regular spectators like old friends.

Adam Carter
Feb 23 2016 10:04 AM We're still without the jury this morning as legal arguments continue. I'll let you know when open court resumes.

Can someone post the mobile version of live blog? Tia!

Actually that's yesterday's mobile link. He hasn't posted one for today yet and I don't know how else to find it.

sorry.....you're right.....didn't even notice that....that's where the link from the live blog took me....I can't find it then....

eta - kudos to ArianeEmory.....

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 1m1 minute ago
We've been in court for the #Bosma murder trial for an hour and the lawyers continue their legal arguments. No jury in the room. @CHCHNews

Looks like today is going to much like yesterday. A lot of legal arguments. IMO it's centering around the Eliminator. Pillay was very quick to object yesterday when Cook made the observation that it looked that it had been used more than once. I'm wondering, if the Crown can get that into evidence here, that it can be used in a later trial.

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 1m1 minute ago
We've been in court for the #Bosma murder trial for an hour and the lawyers continue their legal arguments. No jury in the room. @CHCHNews

What could be the argument now?
The equipment manufacturer can't state that it would be possible to burn a human body in the incinerator!!!
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member