Bosma Murder Trial 03.03.16 - Day 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's an impossibility to test every bloodstain that you find," Jones says.
by Adam Carter 2:59 PM

He's talking about checking every stain in a scene to see if it's human blood/for DNA.
by Adam Carter 3:00 PM

Leitch now asking Jones about when the shell casing was discovered in the back of the truck.
by Adam Carter 3:01 PM

"I opened up the rear passenger door to the vehicle. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when I opened it up. I put my hand on the rear passenger side seat which was folder up at the time ... when I pulled myself out I noticed the shell casing on the floor," Jones says.
by Adam Carter 3:02 PM

He then told the other investigators about it.

Jones sys he could see blood stains on the dash of the truck when he first looked around.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 44s44 seconds ago
He opened rear door of truck to look for blood stains. He discovered shell casing on floor. Alerted ident officers.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s51 seconds ago
Seeing photos of trailer and #Bosma truck.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7m7 minutes ago
No blood stains found on burned front truck seats.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Photo of green tarp cut in half, found in trailer. Obvious stains, suspected blood. Tested positive for blood.

This is a great example of why we need to be careful when making judgements based on the tweets coming from MSM. Look at the difference between what Adam Carter posted through his blog and what Susan Clairmont tweeted. Two VERY different stories told. MOO

"I opened up the rear passenger door to the vehicle. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when I opened it up. I put my hand on the rear passenger side seat which was folder up at the time ... when I pulled myself out I noticed the shell casing on the floor," Jones says.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 44s44 seconds ago
He opened rear door of truck to look for blood stains. He discovered shell casing on floor. Alerted ident officers.

No bloodstains could be found on the charred front seat assembly that was found, Jones says.
by Adam Carter 3:05 PM

That's for two reasons. 1. Usually blood would land on the foam parts of a seat, and that was burned away. 2. Fire often would have destroyed that kind of evidence.
by Adam Carter 3:07 PM

Court now seeing images of this tarp. There are spatter and altered stains in the top right corner, Jones says. The stain towards the bottom was blackish, and not blood.
1efd8e03-0604-4602-b585-db8b8989b2c8.png
by Adam Carter 3:07 PM

"When I see that kind of stain, I know that it's spatter," he says, looking at the tail. "In this case, there had to be some sort of force involved."
by Adam Carter 3:09 PM

"Can altered stains be produced on an attempt to clean blood?" Leitch asks. "That's correct," Jones says.
by Adam Carter 3:10 PM

"It's very difficult to clean [blood] up," Jones says. "You really have to scrub."
by Adam Carter 3:11 PM

Beautifully said. They are there, everyday, for him.

Sending prayers of love and strength for Tim's family and friends.

I cannot imagine the pain that this trial is causing his loved ones yet they steel themselves in order for Tim to have justice.

Love can move mountains.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Jones says some kind of force used to make this stain on tarp. Spatter altered which can be caused by attempt to clean up.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Cleaning blood up is difficult. It tends to spread and seep.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Crown asking what blood stains on tarp looked like to naked eye. In photos, lots of glare from sun and flash. Jones says easier in person.

Context of scene is critical to analyzing pattern. Crown asks if Jones believes there was "cleanup" here. He says yes...And now a break.

Jones says there's a chemical analysis that can be used to show the wiping motion from blood that was somewhat cleaned up. But using those chemicals can degrade DNA.
by Adam Carter 3:13 PM

Now seeing more photos of the tarp with blood stains on it.
by Adam Carter 3:14 PM

It's easier to see the blood in some of the areas we're seeing firsthand in sunlight than in photos, Jones says.
by Adam Carter 3:17 PM

Sending prayers of love and strength for Tim's family and friends.

I cannot imagine the pain that this trial is causing his loved ones yet they steel themselves in order for Tim to have justice.

Love can move mountains.

Hi zencompass!

Your post gave me goose bumps. I think the mountain of evidence being presented is being moved miraculously by the Crown. There will be justice for TB and his family, IMO. I'm praying for that outcome with you, as I'm sure are many, many others.

The respect for life, love, empathy, compassion for others, are qualities the accused are not familiar with, IMO.

All MOO.

ETA - I just noticed that you are NOT new here - lol - my eye went to 1 blog post and thought this was your first post, hence my "welcome". :)

Can you cite an example of such a pub band?

Also, she has opted to be tried by judge alone so it wouldn't really apply in her case.

LOL, a pub band,...let's see, "Dell and the Drifters?"

But seriously, if she's being tried by a judge alone, of course there's no need for a publication ban as tainting a potential jury pool is not an issue.

Which is good, because we're all anxious to hear what she has to say.

Not all altered stains could be from an attempt to clean, Jones says. But he also says that given the number of altered stains he has seen in what he examined, it's his opinion there has been clean up.
by Adam Carter 3:20 PM

Now taking the afternoon recess. Back in 20 mins.
by Adam Carter 3:20 PM

Why don't they bring in the actual tarp? Just curious.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Jones says some kind of force used to make this stain on tarp. Spatter altered which can be caused by attempt to clean up.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Cleaning blood up is difficult. It tends to spread and seep.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Crown asking what blood stains on tarp looked like to naked eye. In photos, lots of glare from sun and flash. Jones says easier in person.

Context of scene is critical to analyzing pattern. Crown asks if Jones believes there was "cleanup" here. He says yes...And now a break.

LOL, a pub band,...let's see, "Dell and the Drifters?"

But seriously, if she's being tried by a judge alone, of course there's no need for a publication ban as tainting a potential jury pool is not an issue.

Which is good, because we're all anxious to hear what she has to say.

LOL. Give me something to think about over my beer. Do you have a case where they have put a pub ban on a single witness's testimony because she has a trial coming up?

The Toronto Star went to court years ago to get pub pans lifted on the prelims and bail hearings of judge alone trials, and didn't succeed.

...bingo, exactly my thoughts, or LE posing as 'Dee' .... Just MOO on the jailhouse letter topic DM took the bait hook line and sinker

Aren't journalists supposed to be unbiased? How can they write unbiased pieces if they are baiting the accused?

My opinion only.

Child-like documents? Yeah, that's not the slightest bit creepy, considering there are a grand total of ZERO children connected to this case.

Please don't let these be little finger paintings or something done by Tim's daughter that were in his truck........

Court back in session. The jury is being recalled.
by Adam Carter 3:43 PM

Now we're looking at photos of the undercarriage of the truck on the passenger side.
by Adam Carter 3:46 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member