Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont fully understand the implications here as I just heard about this theory. All I can say is wow and i guess depending how many deaths we are talking about would determine the odds of a connection ? I dunno
Here's the thing, I've checked this rumor, and I can't find one article from a reputable source (Health Nut News is not one). And the blogs and articles I have found, link the theory to killing off cancer researchers. The implication is that the big pharmaceutical companies want to stay in business, so they don't want a cure. Like I said, in my opinion it's garbage. Other opinions may vary.

Here's the thing, I've checked this rumor, and I can't find one article from a reputable source (Health Nut News is not one). And the blogs and articles I have found, link the theory to killing off cancer researchers. The implication is that the big pharmaceutical companies want to stay in business, so they don't want a cure. Like I said, in my opinion it's garbage. Other opinions may vary.

my son just strolled in and asked why I was at that web site LOL he just told me " there is a direct correlation to the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and the total number of pirates in the world " LOL his point being you can draw correlations between every thing true or not LOL and he mentioned pharmecutical CEO's exe, etc still die of cancer. If there were a secret cure they would be the first to get it. My son is 19 and quite brilliant I am proud to say...

my son just strolled in and asked why I was at that web site LOL he just told me " there is a direct correlation to the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and the total number of pirates in the world " LOL his point being you can draw correlations between every thing true or not LOL and he mentioned pharmecutical CEO's exe, etc still die of cancer. If there were a secret cure they would be the first to get it. My son is 19 and quite brilliant I am proud to say...
Exactly! 😊

I'm inclined to agree about the conspiracy theory about murdered cancer researchers and alternative practitioners being stretched a bit too thin to be plausible. Until recently, with the arrest of her husband, some truthers were attributing Dr Teresa Sievers' death to Big Pharma.

As a rabid socialized medicine advocate, I'd like to see Big Pharma blamed for all kinds of things, but a handful of suspicious deaths in diverse locations of people that have some tenuous connection to a cancer cure? It's not a conspiracy I can buy into...

I'm inclined to agree about the conspiracy theory about murdered cancer researchers and alternative practitioners being stretched a bit too thin to be plausible. Until recently, with the arrest of her husband, some truthers were attributing Dr Teresa Sievers' death to Big Pharma.

As a rabid socialized medicine advocate, I'd like to see Big Pharma blamed for all kinds of things, but a handful of suspicious deaths in diverse locations of people that have some tenuous connection to a cancer cure? It's not a conspiracy I can buy into...

I totally agree and rolled my eyes when that stuff about alternative med doc's being targeted came up on the TS thread! I guess I might not roll my eyes if there were a multiple number of mysterious deaths of CD's colleagues. But I am thinking that if HealthNut News is the only investigative platform to determine the pattern, it might not be a sure thing. Someone's gotta put the Nut in HealthNut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be plausible to say that criminals would be going in/out of the police station at 7 in the morning? It's probably different for each police department, but I mean; would someone being held "overnight" be released early in the morning? I know that when my nephew was arrested in a satellite location of the Seattle PD he was held there until morning and then was transferred downtown - but if he had "only" been drunk the previous night (day of the Superbowl) then he would have been good to go by morning. Anyway, point being, if this is a possibility for the Mountlake Terrace PD's location, do you think it's possible someone was released, possibly didn't have a ride anywhere, or the like?

I personally believe that Cheryl pulled over on the east side of the street to park (across the street from the park.) If she was going to continue driving home she wouldn't have had to pull a u-turn, just turn down a less-busy side street that way.

I know this is a stretch, but I can envision a scenario where Cheryl originally parked a bit further south of where her car was found, sent the final text to her friend, started driving, encountered someone waving her over (such as for a lift), looked innocent enough, and so she may have pulled over and parked where her car was found later that afternoon. Perhaps a struggle happened after she parked that time, explaining the blood (IF the blood actually ends up being relevant - I mean, it could be fish guts or something for all we know.)

Just postulating.

This case will end up being ruled one of two ways:

1) Suicide. Since none of us are privy to the home life or inter-personal relationships that Cheryl had going on, there could be important information which has surfaced that may point towards her being depressed or despondent, suffering from an illness, or some other life altering scenario that only her husband and the cops would know. If that's the case, it's been kept a closely guarded secret from the people around her and the co-workers she interacted with everyday. For instance, she may have been taking anti-depressant drugs or being treated for depression for an extended length of time. That would be between her and her husband, and the doctor.

This conclusion is going to be a hard sell to about 95% of the people following this case. If the cops can't or won't explain how she made it from her car into that culvert, then the majority of folks aren't going to buy into the theory and will dismiss it as being apathy and laziness on the part of LE. Will they take what little evidence they do have and mold it to fit a theory ?

2) Cheryl was abducted and murdered, and LE doesn't have the slightest idea who was behind it or why. It will be classified as Unsolved or Undetermined. From the very outset, this case has been cloaked in secrecy with very few tidbits of information making it out to the public. Normally, when they have a pretty strong case against a suspect, they will be more open and offer up more details, but not always. Since her body was found, LE has clammed up and gone into hiding and pushed everything off onto the testing labs. All this tells me is that they are scurrying around behind the scene gathering what little information they can to try and make sense of it all. Why has nothing leaked out to the public ?? Because they have nothing.

There's no doubt they already know the cause and manner of death. This is a murder investigation, her case would've been pushed to the front of the line. They've already released her body to the family for burial, which they wouldn't have done were there additional questions and testing required to solve the case. What may be lacking is a suspect or a motive.

I hope the news media and the public continues to hold their feet to the fire and demand answers. There's either a killer loose in that community, or there isn't.............LE needs to quit screwing around and verify which one is the case. They already know. If there's another victim injured or killed during all of this foot dragging, then the State of Washington and LE needs to be sued for every penny they have in the bank by the victims family.

If there is a suicide, Wouldn't it be up to the family, if they want to share that info?
Maybe that is why LE is not saying anything.

1) Suicide. Since none of us are privy to the home life or inter-personal relationships that Cheryl had going on, there could be important information which has surfaced that may point towards her being depressed or despondent, suffering from an illness, or some other life altering scenario that only her husband and the cops would know. If that's the case, it's been kept a closely guarded secret from the people around her and the co-workers she interacted with everyday. For instance, she may have been taking anti-depressant drugs or being treated for depression for an extended length of time. That would be between her and her husband, and the doctor.

This conclusion is going to be a hard sell to about 95% of the people following this case. If the cops can't or won't explain how she made it from her car into that culvert, then the majority of folks aren't going to buy into the theory and will dismiss it as being apathy and laziness on the part of LE. Will they take what little evidence they do have and mold it to fit a theory ?

2) Cheryl was abducted and murdered, and LE doesn't have the slightest idea who was behind it or why. It will be classified as Unsolved or Undetermined. From the very outset, this case has been cloaked in secrecy with very few tidbits of information making it out to the public. Normally, when they have a pretty strong case against a suspect, they will be more open and offer up more details, but not always. Since her body was found, LE has clammed up and gone into hiding and pushed everything off onto the testing labs. All this tells me is that they are scurrying around behind the scene gathering what little information they can to try and make sense of it all. Why has nothing leaked out to the public ?? Because they have nothing.

There's no doubt they already know the cause and manner of death. This is a murder investigation, her case would've been pushed to the front of the line. They've already released her body to the family for burial, which they wouldn't have done were there additional questions and testing required to solve the case. What may be lacking is a suspect or a motive.

I hope the news media and the public continues to hold their feet to the fire and demand answers. There's either a killer loose in that community, or there isn't.............LE needs to quit screwing around and verify which one is the case. They already know. If there's another victim injured or killed during all of this foot dragging, then the State of Washington and LE needs to be sued for every penny they have in the bank by the victims family.

Sorry, I cannot bold.
The last sentence of the second paragraph:
Will they take what little evidence they do have and mold it to fit a theory?

That sentence reminds me of when assistant chief, Pete Caw said this:

Mountlake Terrace detectives continue to investigate this case as a homicide,” assistant chief Pete Caw said. “However, other possible causes of death are also being investigated.”
It is important to let the facts support a theory, not to let a theory control the facts, Caw said.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160217/NEWS01/160219243

So, I personally, don't think that will happen.
Depending what they find once they have the results back from the tests and analysis they were doing, they may come back to the public asking for help, or, we may not hear any more regarding how her life was ended.

[emoji257]for CD

Would it be plausible to say that criminals would be going in/out of the police station at 7 in the morning?

Just postulating.

Good thought. But it's my understanding MLT's PD has no holding space. Anyone needing to be held, even for an evening, would be transported out of MLT rather than being held at the PD. There is no city jail or city holding cells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine MLT LE shining everyone on about this. There has been so much care, concern, and involvement from the community and LE knows the level of concern and interest has not dropped. Also, in a small community like this, such crimes are personal to the local LE. The police commander's demeanor all along has indicated to me that he is VERY invested in getting the right answers. They have support from outside agencies and they also have the advantage of not being overwhelmed with other major crimes to solve.

It may happen that they won't be able to come to a definitive conclusion. But I do not believe it would be for lack of caring or effort.

It is worth remembering that Stryker57 told us that the family has been given more info than we have, and it points away from suicide.

Plausible Theory

Following is a portion of what I believe Cheryl encountered the morning of her disapperance:

Slightly crunched for time, Cheryl opened her car door and tossed her bag(s) onto her Subaru sedan's front passenger seat. She shut her car door, put the key into the ignition, started her car and within a minute or so, was headed south on 48th St W.
In another two or so minutes, she'd arrive at a four-way blinking red light, where she'd turn right, onto 236th St. SW.

Driving west bound on 236th St SW, in just another two-three minutes, she'd (either) turn right (north) onto 58th Ave W, or continue on 236th St SW to the MLT Transit Center, where she'd join her car pool.

While driving and contemplating options, she had her right hand checking her bag(s), the glove compartment and in between the car seats - she found nothing. The last resort, before heading back to the house to look for her badge, would be checking under the car's front seats.

Cheryl approached 58th Ave W, where she turned right, heading north bound. Just up, and on the left hand side of the street is Veteran's Memorial Park, next to the Mountlake Terrace Public Library. The Mountlake Terrace Police Department is a just "around" the corner.

Cheryl whipped a u-turn, and parked on the street, close to the library/park. A cursory scan of the location, revealed nothing out of the ordinary - a few parked cars, a service van with a couple people wearing uniforms - everything looked o.k.
She prepared a text to her carpool advising she'd be returning home to look for her badge.

Cheryl, cell phone and keys in hand, opened and exited the driver's side of the car. She quickly bent over and stuck her head down to get a look under the driver's seat - nothing. She then walked around to the passenger's side of the car, unlocked the door, repeated the process and found no i.d.

I believe, either bent over, or rising from this position with her head down, is when Cheryl hit "send" on the message to her carpool. It's possible her phone had a very low battery and shut down as soon as she sent her message, or her attacker(s) grabbed it out of her hand and powered it down themselves. Either way, this is when Cheryl's attacker(s) made their move.

I believe the cuts on two of Cheryl's fingers, reportedly "self inflicted," are in all actuality, self defense wounds. This would explain Cheryl's blood on the front passenger seat and side car door.

I believe Cheryl's attacker(s) is/are serial killer's, who possibly stalked the habits of several selected targets - one of which was Cheryl. When circumstances presented an ideal opportunity for capture, the killer(s) pounced, seizing their unassuming victim......

Fellow Websleuthers, your comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Best,

Gladys Kravitz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for this! Have to say I'm really liking this theory. It's simple and IMO probably pretty close to what happened. Little details could be changed, but without being there, it would be hard to pin point everything.

I just don't understand the motive here. I do think it was someone who murdered her, and I'm thinking either acquaintance or stranger, but no clear motive for me yet. ALL MOO

I would imagine if it were suicide, then Stryker wouldn't have bothered to join in or work on becoming verified. He'd know what happened, although maybe not why, and wouldn't want or need to sleuth out possibilities on how CD died.

That's my way of thinking at least. I've been known to be wrong though.

No to suicide just my opinion that most women who kill themselves do it with pills, or a car in the garage not throw themselves down a wet slippery cold culvert down the street from their house. I hope it is not a suicide cause I will never buy it no matter what evidence they uncover! Just my opinion ofcourse...

I would imagine if it were suicide, then Stryker wouldn't have bothered to join in or work on becoming verified. He'd know what happened, although maybe not why, and wouldn't want or need to sleuth out possibilities on how CD died.

That's my way of thinking at least. I've been known to be wrong though.

very good point !

Thanks for this! Have to say I'm really liking this theory. It's simple and IMO probably pretty close to what happened. Little details could be changed, but without being there, it would be hard to pin point everything.

I just don't understand the motive here. I do think it was someone who murdered her, and I'm thinking either acquaintance or stranger, but no clear motive for me yet. ALL MOO
Re: Motive

There is not always a motive, other than the killer's thrill in the hunt and kill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I'm fairly new to WS so forgive me if there is some written or unwritten protocols on how and what to ask family members who join in on the conversations. I know that Stryker has said that he will not divulge information that LE has not, but has anyone listed a series of questions that he may be able to answer without jeopardizing LE investigation? Perhaps while he is waiting for insider status he could ponder? I am not 100% dialed into every conversation here, so I certainly wouldn't be the one. Or is that out of line? Stryker, my prayers are with you and your family for God's comfort and peace at this horrible time.

I'm fairly new to WS so forgive me if there is some written or unwritten protocols on how and what to ask family members who join in on the conversations. I know that Stryker has said that he will not divulge information that LE has not, but has anyone listed a series of questions that he may be able to answer without jeopardizing LE investigation? Perhaps while he is waiting for insider status he could ponder? I am not 100% dialed into every conversation here, so I certainly wouldn't be the one. Or is that out of line? Stryker, my prayers are with you and your family for God's comfort and peace at this horrible time.

:welcome5:

I am not trying to dictate to anyone, but my inclination is to let Stryker participate if and how he chooses. I am sure he has pondered all of this countless times more than any of us. We are all different, but I don't think I could cope with being asked to share about such an event. We aren't really going to solve this; LE is. We might come to the right conclusion but it means nothing without official confirmation. The family's energies are no doubt assisting LE when they can.

Also, if we press him, sensitive info might be accidentally divulged or suggested, and next thing you know, we would all be speculating on it and possibly jeopardizing the investigation or setting rumors on fire. I vote for letting him post however he feels he wants to, and not lean on him.

All of this is IMO, of course

I am not trying to dictate to anyone, but my inclination is to let Stryker participate if and how he chooses. I am sure he has pondered all of this countless times more than any of us. We are all different, but I don't think I could cope with being asked to share about such an event. We aren't really going to solve this; LE is. We might come to the right conclusion but it means nothing without official confirmation. The family's energies are no doubt assisting LE when they can.

Also, if we press him, sensitive info might be accidentally divulged or suggested, and next thing you know, we would all be speculating on it and possibly jeopardizing the investigation or setting rumors on fire. I vote for letting him post however he feels he wants to, and not lean on him.

All of this is IMO, of course

I fully agree with this. I myself will only wait and see how stryker57 wants to post. Will not ask him anything unless he feels he wants to enter an open discussion about the case.

Honestly, when I came here a couple of days ago and I saw his first post I had to read it two or three times to understand it was written by Cheryl's beloved son. I saw him referring to people passing by his parents house, etc... When I got it was him who was here I felt at the same time so sorry for him, ashamed (in case I could have written something hurtful) and I really felt humble before him.

All we here feel sorry about what happened to Cheryl. But he is her son! We can only have a slight idea of his pain and loss :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa