Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have amended the possible texts to appease the 'non-bus-ers' ;)
CD: Hey, I've forgotten my badge I'm going back home for it, go on without me.
Carpool: How long do you think you'll be?
CD: Don't wait for me, I'll find my own way. (Phone powered down)
Carpool: If you are only going to be 10 mins we'll wait. (Sent but not received)
Carpool: It's 7:30 we can't reach you so we've had to leave...see you at work.
BBM
-We don't have the full text exchange... In my mind the bus is not important.
-We can choose to believe the texts were sent by Cheryl or not.
-IF Cheryl took a bus, (any bus!) there would be video and witnesses, so far neither.
-I cannot believe that a person would take a bus to home and back to collect the badge for fear of losing a good parking spot.

Well I think we can all agree something Tragic happened here...
But it is very baffling.
Occam's Razor is a line of reasoning that says the simplest answer is often correct.
So what would the simplest answer to this be?

I have not seen any questions about her having any enemies.
Any arguments!

What I find ODD (but this is just my feeling) is how involved her workplace was and how they took over everything. Ill say again did she know something? Find out something about someone at work?
Was someone waiting there for her? Anyone follow her?

Just thought my friends just thoughts!

I didn't find all of the FH employees being ODD to help with the disappearance of a co-worker, but I thought it ODD that FH was the one to identify the body out in public before the official identification was reported. JMO

Because I was late to the case I had not seen the press conference. Here's a transcript of part of it:

AC (Cheryl's niece): I would like to begin by making some corrections to the information being shared by the media. According to the text messages between Cheryl and her friend, Cheryl stated that she forgot her work badge and told her friend to go on without her. Her friend responded that she would wait and asked her for how long. Cheryl replied, "About ten minutes." However she did not show up for her ride. Her friend was then no longer able to reach her by phone. Cheryl did not intend to ride a bus that morning.

Journalist: So just to um, clarify, so she did not intend to ride a bus on Monday morning?

AC (Cheryl's niece): Correct.

LP (Cheryl's mom): It's carpooling.

Journalist: Anyone know where that bus idea came from, did that come from someone else, or?

AC (Cheryl's niece): We don't know. That's, that's not something I can, you know I don't know the answer to that.

Journalist: Does she normally park her car over by the library because the other lot gets full? Do you have any idea why she, what her pattern is?

KC (Cheryl's sister): She only parks there when the Park 'N' Ride is full.

Journalist: So it wasn't unusual for her to do that?

AC (Cheryl's niece): No.

Journalist: Does she, you guys don't know if she typically walks through those wooded areas?

AC (Cheryl's niece): (Nods) When she parks there.

Journalist: Did she ever talked about feeling unsafe in those woods or anything?

AC (Cheryl's niece): No.

KC (Cheryl's sister): No, she did, her co-worker told me she has made a comment before of the sketchy people there.

There may be any number of issues with the information we have. Her family says in the video that she parked on the street when she was late. Stryker said she was rushing that day but he didn't say she left late. If Cheryl was on time she parked at the park and ride and probably would have texted from her car. Did she park at the park and ride and was she abducted in her own car which was later returned in front of the library? An abduction would be simpler from a traditional parking lot than from street side parking.

From the video: the family says Cheryl parks by the library when the park-and-ride is full which is not the same as Cheryl is late (as I stated above.) Still it's true we have only been told by LE where the car was found and we do not know if the park-and-ride was full at 7 o'clock.

BBM
-We don't have the full text exchange... In my mind the bus is not important.
-We can choose to believe the texts were sent by Cheryl or not.
-IF Cheryl took a bus, (any bus!) there would be video and witnesses, so far neither.
-I cannot believe that a person would take a bus to home and back to collect the badge for fear of losing a good parking spot.

From the search warrant:

"A surveillance system at the DeBoer’s home shows her husband leaving the house around 6:50 a.m. Feb. 8, a few minutes before Cheryl. He arrived at this work in Mukilteo around 7:15 a.m.

Another surveillance video at the intersection of 236th Street SW and 56th Avenue W showed what appeared to be Cheryl DeBoer’s vehicle passing at around 7 a.m. headed westbound.

At 7:02 a.m. a text was sent from Cheryl DeBoer’s phone to a carpool friend saying she forgot her identification badge needed for her job at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.
“Just go without me,” the text said. “I’ll probably ride home with you.”
Her friend wrote back asking how long it would take and saying that she would wait.
The text back to the friend estimated that DeBoer’s trip back home would take 10 minutes.

Her friend waited until nearly 7:30 a.m. and tried sending her a message and calling her at that time. It appeared to her that DeBoer’s phone had been turned off.

Detectives learned that the phone was “powered down” shortly after DeBoer’s last text.

Cheryl DeBoer’s work badge later was found at the home."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

A possible kidnapping of a teenage girl was just reported in Lynnwood, WA - Larch Way and Poplar - this is not Mountlake Terrace but it's very close. MTLK PD is helping as well as many other PD.

....However, she texted her friend around 7 a.m. Monday indicating she had left some work at home and would catch a bus instead, Pickard said.

Her car was found a short time later parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue Southwest in Mountlake Terrace, an area often used as overflow parking for the transit center, Pickard said.

Wonder why she was running late that day and forgot her badge?

....However, she texted her friend around 7 a.m. Monday indicating she had left some work at home and would catch a bus instead, Pickard said.

Her car was found a short time later parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue Southwest in Mountlake Terrace, an area often used as overflow parking for the transit center, Pickard said.

Her car was not discovered until the afternoon when her husband received word that she never made it to work. That's when he reported her missing.

Her car was not discovered until the afternoon when her husband received word that she never made it to work. That's when he reported her missing.

Husband found the car I believe.

From the search warrant, there is no mention of taking a bus:

"At 7:02 a.m. a text was sent from Cheryl DeBoer’s phone to a carpool friend saying she forgot her identification badge needed for her job at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.
Her friend wrote back asking how long it would take and saying that she would wait.
The text back to the friend estimated that DeBoer’s trip back home would take 10 minutes.

Her friend waited until nearly 7:30 a.m. and tried sending her a message and calling her at that time. It appeared to her that DeBoer’s phone had been turned off."

From the search warrant, there is no mention of taking a bus:

"At 7:02 a.m. a text was sent from Cheryl DeBoer’s phone to a carpool friend saying she forgot her identification badge needed for her job at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.

Her friend waited until nearly 7:30 a.m. and tried sending her a message and calling her at that time. It appeared to her that DeBoer’s phone had been turned off."

Why would Pickard say she would take the bus?

Stryker57, her son, said the badge was not in its regular place and was found under some clothing.

Stryker said she was rushed. He did not say she was running late; I misspoke in my message.

Stryker said she was rushed. He did not say she was running late; I misspoke in my message.

Right, he mentioned he presumed Monday morning rush. Like if the badge wasn't where it was supposed to be, then perhaps she thought she already had it with her… until she knew she didn't.

IMOO.

The contents of the search warrant are very likely reliable information.

I haven't read the contents of the search warrant.
Is it possible it is in the search warrant, but it wasn't written in the article?

Is it possible there is a reason for Pickard to mention the bus, even if it wasn't in the search warrant?

There has to be a reason why the bus keeps getting mentioned and by Pickard, at that!

IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members