Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinese whispers...the telephone game...we are all playing it here
:)
Unless we see the texts verbatim as supplied from the telecom company to the police (or possibly archived screenshots) then they are always being interpreted through the filter of another party.
Did the carpool texter show the family members Cheryl's texts on their phone or did the police report these texts to the family member? There are always one or two degrees of separation between someone's words and another person's reporting of those words.

Here's my suicide theory (not my only theory but prominent at the moment.

Cheryl acts like she's running late so husband definitely leaves before her so she gives him an alibi and maybe doesn't remind her of badge.

She puts her badge under clothing/hidden to prove she forgot it/didn't see it (she's still meticulous even if suicidal...it's her way).

Plan is to tell car Pooler truthfully she left badge at home.

Doesn't count on car Pooler offering to wait, hence turning off the phone.

She's already taken a lot of Xanax or whatever and is now thrown off a bit from the friend's offer to wait.....she just starts walking to clear her head...or do what she set out to do.

We've read about how mentally ill, or autustic, or drink people are drawn to water because of the soothing sounds and patterns.....if there was enough of a sound and current, maybe she was drawn there....

Question/flaw is, if she intended suicide, why not just call out sick? Was she that much of a rule follower? Or was not that sure of her plan?

Again, this is just a theory, if we want to consider suicide.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Your question/flaw, why not just call out sick? was she that much of a rule follower?…she never missed a day of school or work, as per the press release on Feb. 10th with the niece making statements and answering questions.

Yes, exactly.
Omitted from the article, but perhaps is in the search warrant.
Or maybe that one part was omitted from the search warrant .
If there was a copy of the search warrant ( an official document to look at) then it could explain a few things perhaps.

IMOO.

Cheryl did not take the bus, and the carpool group waited for her after she said that she needed 10 minutes to retrieve the badge.

If (and I don't believe this for a minute) Cheryl was suicidal, and she wanted the carpool to go on without her, why did the text messages stop abruptly after she said it would take 10 minutes to get the badge. Why didn't she say that it would take 30 minutes and to go without her? That is the flaw in the argument that she wanted the carpool to go without her. She did not follow up to ensure that they left without her?

Chinese whispers...the telephone game...we are all playing it here
:)
Unless we see the texts verbatim as supplied from the telecom company to the police (or possibly archived screenshots) then they are always being interpreted through the filter of another party.
Did the carpool texter show the family members Cheryl's texts on their phone or did the police report these texts to the family member? There are always one or two degrees of separation between someone's words and another person's reporting of those words.

Yes. I agree!! Different interpretations.

IMOO.

I'm curious to know if they check cameras from the buses who stop or drive by the culvert. Not necessary checking just for passengers but also anything in the background where the camera in the bus could catch a parked car at the culvert in background or something. It's a very busy intersection during commute times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Cheryl did not take the bus, and the carpool group waited for her after she said that she needed 10 minutes to retrieve the badge.

If (and I don't believe this for a minute) Cheryl was suicidal, and she wanted the carpool to go on without her, why did the text messages stop abruptly after she said it would take 10 minutes to get the badge. Why didn't she say that it would take 30 minutes and to go without her? That is the flaw in the argument that she wanted the carpool to go without her. She did not follow up to ensure that they left without her?

Perhaps turning her phone off would ensure they would go without her?

She did say to go on without her, even though she said it would take ten minutes…

Hey, just brainstorming here, just like we all are….

It's difficult when there are many pieces of the puzzle missing…

IMOO.

I'm curious to know if they check cameras from the buses who stop or drive by the culvert. Not necessary checking just for passengers but also anything in the background where the camera in the bus could catch a parked car at the culvert in background or something. It's a very busy intersection during commute times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Hi! Welcome! :)

She did say to go on without her, even though she said it would take ten minutes…

IMOO.

Yes, she was probably trying to stop the stream of texts that sometimes go back and forth. She was not looking for the carpool to wait for her. IMO

IMOO.

I might be completely wrong, but I'm coming from the perspective that a well adjusted, fully employed, happy, active woman does not crawl into a drainage pipe to kill herself. With that premise, texts messages from the search warrant that exclude mention of a bus are taken at face value. Even if she had offered to take a bus, the conversation continued in the direction of the carpool waiting, and Cheryl requiring 10 minutes to retrieve the badge.

I am missing the significance of the "bus" in the context of a text conversation that dismissed the idea of the carpool going without her.

Yes, she was probably trying to stop the stream of texts that sometimes go back and forth. She was not looking for the carpool to wait for her. IMO

A text from Cheryl claiming that she needed 30 minutes to retrieve the badge would have stopped the stream of texts.

I haven't read the contents of the search warrant.
Is it possible it is in the search warrant, but it wasn't written in the article?

Is it possible there is a reason for Pickard to mention the bus, even if it wasn't in the search warrant?

There has to be a reason why the bus keeps getting mentioned and by Pickard, at that!

IMOO.

I still have two pages to catch up on , so forgive me if this has been said. I think the bus keeps getting mentioned because Cheryl told the carpool to go on without her, but she would ride home with the carpool. How could she ride home with them if she drove? She couldn't. What's the alternative? The bus! Again , I'm sorry if it's already been said, and of course, MOO.

Here's my suicide theory (not my only theory but prominent at the moment.

Cheryl acts like she's running late so husband definitely leaves before her so she gives him an alibi and maybe doesn't remind her of badge.

She puts her badge under clothing/hidden to prove she forgot it/didn't see it (she's still meticulous even if suicidal...it's her way).

Plan is to tell car Pooler truthfully she left badge at home.

Doesn't count on car Pooler offering to wait, hence turning off the phone.

She's already taken a lot of Xanax or whatever and is now thrown off a bit from the friend's offer to wait.....she just starts walking to clear her head...or do what she set out to do.

We've read about how mentally ill, or autustic, or drink people are drawn to water because of the soothing sounds and patterns.....if there was enough of a sound and current, maybe she was drawn there....

Question/flaw is, if she intended suicide, why not just call out sick? Was she that much of a rule follower? Or was not that sure of her plan?

Again, this is just a theory, if we want to consider suicide.

This is much how I see it happening, unfortunately. I also think that she did not want to be found by anyone she was close too. I think she might have thought that calling in sick would draw too much attention and could stand in the way of a well thought out plan.

I have been hesitant to be very vocal about this out if sensitivity for her son, bit it is the only theory that makes any sort of sense out of all the variables.

I might be completely wrong, but I'm coming from the perspective that a well adjusted, fully employed, happy, active woman does not crawl into a drainage pipe to kill herself. With that premise, texts messages from the search warrant that exclude mention of a bus are taken at face value. Even if she had offered to take a bus, the conversation continued in the direction of the carpool waiting, and Cheryl requiring 10 minutes to retrieve the badge.

I am missing the significance of the "bus" in the context of a text conversation that dismissed the idea of the carpool going without her.
I'm wondering if there was an accident on her way to a different place. Where she 'entered' may not have been her plan. The spring had been very wet here and the area doesn't have consistent sidewalks. I could completely see her losing her footing, falling into the culvert and hitting her head.

Most people who had a carpool waiting for them would ask politely to give them 10 minutes. But Cheryl volunteered just go without me. It has always struck me as strange.
I would say to go without me. I just don't like to inconvenience anyone. We have to remember that personalities are different. 😊

A text from Cheryl claiming that she needed 30 minutes to retrieve the badge would have stopped the stream of texts.

IMO…She lives minutes away, 30 minutes sounds like a bit much. Bottom line she turned the phone OFF after answering it would take 10 minutes. She either did not want communication after that with carpool buddy or someone grabbed her phone and powered it down. IMO

I would say to go without me. I just don't like to inconvenience anyone. We have to remember that personalities are different. ��

I so agree, that would be me. I would hate to inconvenience anyone and I would definitely have said, "just go without me, I'll see you at work".

This is much how I see it happening, unfortunately. I also think that she did not want to be found by anyone she was close too. I think she might have thought that calling in sick would draw too much attention and could stand in the way of a well thought out plan.

I have been hesitant to be very vocal about this out if sensitivity for her son, bit it is the only theory that makes any sort of sense out of all the variables.

I don't understand why anyone thinks it's reasonable to believe that someone like Cheryl would commit suicide in a drainage ditch. That's seems absurd to me. If anyone is suicidal, surely they would want the last memory to be something better than 2 feet of dirty water running under an busy intersection.

I agree that some suicidal people choose water as a last memory, but doesn't that water involve rivers or oceans rather than drainage ditches?

Here is the thing though…If there was only the carpool driver that morning, she would have needed Cheryl to use the HOV lane to FH.
That is probably why the carpool driver was willing to wait until 7:30 for Cheryl.

I'm wondering if there was an accident on her way to a different place. Where she 'entered' may not have been her plan. The spring had been very wet here and the area doesn't have consistent sidewalks. I could completely see her losing her footing, falling into the culvert and hitting her head.

That suggests an accident. Why would she be at the drainage ditch in the first place? It was Monday morning and she had to go to work.

What if she was having a conversation with someone & her phone goes ding ding & the person she's in deep conversation with says "will you turn that thing off so we can have a serious talk?!" kind of more of a demand than a request, so she turns it off & what happens happens.
I cannot make myself go with suicide, I just can't do it. I think she was with someone she knew, in their car, someone who told her they'd take her to get her badge while they "talked".

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname