Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read what LE has said about safety to the public, be aware etc etc
Would they say more if a crazy was on the loose?

Yes that little road there!
I wonder if it was checked I'm sure it had to be but what a place to park the car.
oh, cedar way isnt what i would call a little road from the photos i have seen. the driveway isnt a road.

oh, cedar way isnt what i would call a little road from the photos i have seen. the driveway isnt a road.

Understood but it IS paved at the entrance and a car could pull in there.
If like to know if they have an ETOD?
How long was she actually in that Culvert?

What if she was not deceased that day she went missing, what if her death was later?
The TOD could change things a tad.

If she was there for a week wouldn't someone have noticed by the odor?
Do ppl walk this way?
Walk their dogs?
Ride bikes?

What if she was not deceased that day she went missing, what if her death was later?
The TOD could change things a tad.

If she was there for a week wouldn't someone have noticed by the odor?
Do ppl walk this way?
Walk their dogs?
Ride bikes?

I mentioned that as well. I expect LE has narrowed down TOD as best as they could, but we have no idea when she actually died or where for that matter

Question to someone, anyone who knows far more than I...
When the deceased is found in cold water, does that make it difficult for the ME to determine TOD?

a druggie could just say " stick em up" take her purse and be gone and get the same benefit w/o the hassle of dumping a body. I dont belive for one second that a random person did this.

Unless "crackie" didn't have a gun or weapon and things didn't go exactly as planned.

Question to someone, anyone who knows far more than I...
When the deceased is found in cold water, does that make it difficult for the ME to determine TOD?

can slow down decomposition and wash away some tell-tale indicators. Takes away a couple of tools that help determine TOD.

My question is ,if she was murdered, at basically almost rush hour, how did no one see it? Would the roads be empty at 7:10am or so?

I've thought about this a lot recently. We see what we expect to see and we frequently don't see the unexpected for what it is. So, did someone see a woman being helped into a car (nothing you'd think about twice) or did they see a woman being shoved into a car (in which case you'd render aid or call 911)?

As an example, I was home one afternoon many years ago when I heard a very loud noise coming from across the street. I glanced out the window and what I saw was a young man kicking the front door. What my mind interpreted this as was the teenager who lived there forgetting his key (again!) and kicking the door in frustration. In that time and place, that was what I would expect to see and not something I'd think twice about. What it actually was (as I found out later that day) was a kid trying to rob their house by kicking the front door in. That was not something I would have expected to see, so I didn't see it.

What I'm trying to say is that we can see something but interpret it as an ordinary occurrence rather than an unusual occurrence, something we wouldn't expect to see in that place or at that time. Sometimes things we interpret events as unusual only after the fact when we receive more information about them.

the location of her body just really puzzles me, let's say a druggie did it, wouldnt you want her not to be found? Take her to the river and there are plenty of them around this state.

Also I was not too impressed with LE investigative skills as I think the hubby found her car and her firends found her body. Hope this is not an example of whats to come regarding the closure of this case. Just Saying

I've thought about this a lot recently. We see what we expect to see and we frequently don't see the unexpected for what it is. So, did someone see a woman being helped into a car (nothing you'd think about twice) or did they see a woman being shoved into a car (in which case you'd render aid or call 911)?

As an example, I was home one afternoon many years ago when I heard a very loud noise coming from across the street. I glanced out the window and what I saw was a young man kicking the front door. What my mind interpreted this as was the teenager who lived there forgetting his key (again!) and kicking the door in frustration. In that time and place, that was what I would expect to see and not something I'd think twice about. What it actually was (as I found out later that day) was a kid trying to rob their house by kicking the front door in. That was not something I would have expected to see, so I didn't see it.

What I'm trying to say is that we can see something but interpret it as an ordinary occurrence rather than an unusual occurrence, something we wouldn't expect to see in that place or at that time. Sometimes things we interpret events as unusual only after the fact when we receive more information about them.

Right. That's part of what I was saying when I said people don't pay attention, they wouldn't have noticed, they won't get involved. It doesn't necessarily mean they are willingly turning a blind eye, it could be that they do not realize they saw something going on.

An then later when they realize, they remember details wrong.

This is a very good post Koshka, everyone needs to be aware of this phenomenon.

A few more facts that may be of interest.

1) Another poster appeared to believe that it may be too expensive for a transient/homeless person on limited income to travel from Seattle/King County to the Mountlake Terrace park and ride. There are several charities in the area that sometimes provide free bus passes and gas vouchers to low-income persons. Hopelink is one of them.

2) That said, South Snohomish County, where Mountlake Terrace is located, has several homeless/low-income charities, so one should not presume that a hypothetical homeless/low-income perpetrator traveled from Seattle/King County to Mountlake Terrace. There are several churches in the area that operate as homeless shelters when the overnight temperature is predicted to be below 33 degrees. For example, near where Cheryl's car was found, Bethesda Lutheran Church at 23406 56th Ave W., has a food bank on Sunday evenings and a community meal on Monday evenings. This might result in some homeless/transient people being around the neighborhood on a Monday, which is when Cheryl was apparently last seen. (Please don't rake me over the coals for exploring the possibility of transient/homeless perpetrator as others here have already done, thanks.)

3) There was recently a drug bust at a house just northwest of where Cheryl's car was parked. Syringes and evidence of methamphetamine were allegedly found. See http://mltnews.com/four-people-arrested-after-drug-warrant-was-served-at-a-terrace-house/

Kinda like me coming across a running car pulled over on the wrong side of the road with driver not responding, and what appeared to be a bag over their head when it turned out to be a blanket....(this happened recently and idk why i thought it was a bag, maybe ive been on this thread too much?).

the location of her body just really puzzles me, let's say a druggie did it, wouldnt you want her not to be found? Take her to the river and there are plenty of them around this state.

Also I was not too impressed with LE investigative skills as I think the hubby found her car and her firends found her body. Hope this is not an example of whats to come regarding the closure of this case. Just Saying
they dont always think like that, everything sometimes is something that needs to be done quickly. maybe this person just wanted her away from him quickly. officers asked for any info that entire week, and there is the possibility she was kept for a week....and discovered that day or whatever.

Right. That's part of what I was saying when I said people don't pay attention, they wouldn't have noticed, they won't get involved. It doesn't necessarily mean they are willingly turning a blind eye, it could be that they do not realize they saw something going on.

An then later when they realize, they remember details wrong.

This is a very good post Koshka, everyone needs to be aware of this phenomenon.
when i hear or see people arguing, i stay the hell away. someone could have a gun. i call 911 if it looks obviously dangerous. ive heard two people arguing in my parking lot before and i didnt go out and ask about it..found out later it was my neighbor yelling and arguing with people who walk through our parking lot as a shortcut.

3) There was recently a drug bust at a house just northwest of where Cheryl's car was parked. Syringes and evidence of methamphetamine were allegedly found. See http://mltnews.com/four-people-arrested-after-drug-warrant-was-served-at-a-terrace-house/

Snipped for brevity and focus: This is some great sleuthing Tweebie! Have you by any chance looked at police report records for any cars stolen from the vicinity during that week?

Just theorizing that a stolen car might have been used to transport Cheryl's body to the culvert.

And :wagon:

This is a good point and what we don't know is if some people came forward later in the week as having witnessed something as I'm sure you would have if the police came to your door the next day and asked if you saw something unusual. The police would not release this information until trial to protect witnesses.

I disagree, because her son etc believe she was placed into the culvert on the east side of the street. So, I believe the perpetrator took a different route east than 236th all the way to Cedar Way. Maybe to avoid main roads? If the person went east to Cedar Way, then they would have had to do a uturn on Cedar way. Are you saying you don't believe her son and police that she was placed on the east side of the culvert?

Can you show me where the police and Stryker57 said she was definitively placed on the East side? She certainly was found on the West side. It is possible she drifted down stream to the west. My feeling is that she did not. I read pretty closely and although Stryker did say he "suspected" the east as the entry, he doesn't appear to know that for sure. Maybe I missed the "definitely" part.

Snipped for brevity and focus: This is some great sleuthing Tweebie!

Thank you. There were four arrests and one of the home's residents has been charged with intent to distribute methamphetamine. It appears that the neighbors had allegedly been complaining for some time, and there was quite a bit of traffic coming in and out of that house. With 236th Street being an I-5 entrance and exit as well as one of the few major east-west streets in MLT that go all the way through town, and 58th Ave. W. being one of the major north-south streets that connects to 236th, it would not be surprising if customers of this drug operation were coming off I-5 northbound on 236th, then heading north on 58th whether on bus, car and/or foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member