Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. There were four arrests and one of the home's residents has been charged with intent to distribute methamphetamine. It appears that the neighbors had allegedly been complaining for some time, and there was quite a bit of traffic coming in and out of that house. With 236th Street being an I-5 entrance and exit as well as one of the few major east-west streets in MLT that go all the way through town, and 58th Ave. W. being one of the major north-south streets that connects to 236th, it would not be surprising if customers of this drug operation were coming off I-5 northbound on 236th, then heading north on 58th whether on bus, car and/or foot.

I just saw on the news Cheryl died of plastic bag over head and drowning! Omg

Just read that & came here. I feel absolutely sick to my stomach. Dear God. What she must have gone through.

Can anyone please explain/speculate as to why this is still undetermined and not homicide?

So so sad. I think you can commit suicide in the same way though, so I can see why it's unclear. How awful.

hmmm, says they are holding back sensitive information. Hmmm...

Meth head and his buddy, superbowl sunday.. drinking, partying evolves into doing dope. Driving around in a van. Early morning, out of money and dope. Spent the last few hours parked in the park and ride. Desperate for more. Hatch a hazy plan to rob someone. Drive around 58th. See CD standing in the road, next to the car testing. Pull up, door slides open, try to grab the purse, she comes with it in the van. Everyone's, freaked out CD and perp. She keels over. Panic ensues. Driver drives. First available spot, on the corner of 205th and Cedar. Pulls over, door slides open, body rolled into the culver. Van drives off to I-5. Enough sense to not use the cards or phone since there is an assault (at least). CD incapacitated in the culvert, drowns. ME trying to figure out if heart caused the drowning or drowning cause the heart.

Fits...Druggies, had no weapon, put a bag over her head to conceal identity. She passes out they panic and dispose of the body...

I know LE has said Cheryl's husband has taken a poly, passed and has been cleared. I wonder if anyone else has taken one and either been cleared or not.

The person who parked behind Cheryl confirms that her car was there at 8am, this tells me that there are probably not many people in that area at 7am since the spot directly behind Cheryl's car was still available an hour later.

Has LE released how long Cheryl had been in the culvert before being found? Was she there the whole time or placed there days later? Which also makes me wonder if she was killed shortly after 7am on the 8th or held for longer, more towards the time she was found on the 14th. I have not seen any information regarding this type of information and was hoping someone here might know.

I drove by the memorial yesterday and it's still full of flowers and beautiful. I tried to take a picture for all of you but only managed to get my car door. There was too much traffic to slow down too much. Since Cedar Way was so busy on a Sunday afternoon - What day/time did the perp have to be in that spot to dump Cheryl's body in there and not be seen by anyone? I also think it was someone very familiar with the area to have chosen that culvert to dispose of her body.

So so sad. I think you can commit suicide in the same way though, so I can see why it's unclear. How awful.

Yes you can but I do not believe for one second it was suicide! Someone did this to her!

And no, I dont think I am being paranoid! (that was meant for the person that posted earlier that said there was no need to be paranoid and that MLT was as safe always).

I disagree, because her son etc believe she was placed into the culvert on the east side of the street. So, I believe the perpetrator took a different route east than 236th all the way to Cedar Way. Maybe to avoid main roads? If the person went east to Cedar Way, then they would have had to do a uturn on Cedar way. Are you saying you don't believe her son and police that she was placed on the east side of the culvert?

If she was put into the culvert on the East side, and her body was found on the West side, then she definitely traveled downstream.

And the residents of MLT are NOT suppose to be worried about safety!!

That's not true. Police have been clear since Feb 17 that everyone in the area should be cautious, pay attention to surroundings, and report anything unusual.

Yes you can but I do not believe for one second it was suicide! Someone did this to her!

And no, I dont think I am being paranoid! (that was meant for the person that posted earlier that said there was no need to be paranoid and that MLT was as safe always).

I didn't say I believe it was suicide, I was just mentioning that I think people can commit suicide the same way-so I can see why the police/ME are unclear right now. So, so sad. Cheryl's family has probably had this information for some time, and that must be horrible to know what she suffered. So so sad.

That's not true. Police have been clear since Feb 17 that everyone in the area should be cautious, pay attention to surroundings, and report anything unusual.
Pretty much what they would likely suggest no matter what city or neighborhood.

yes you are right but they also said they didnt feel the residents were in any danger

Isn't that just what you do on any normal day? It just seems like you should do something in addition to that when one of your neighbors ends up drowned in the neighborhood stream and no one even tells you that she had a plastic bag around her neck until 5 weeks later.

JMO

they dont always think like that, everything sometimes is something that needs to be done quickly. maybe this person just wanted her away from him quickly. officers asked for any info that entire week, and there is the possibility she was kept for a week....and discovered that day or whatever.

And the residents of MLT are NOT suppose to be worried about safety!!

To me that means they maybe have a POI and its not the street ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500