Bosma Murder Trial 03.21.16 - Day 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The homemade incinerator at the hangar...

98si6h.jpg

https://twitter.com/liamdevlincasey?lang=en

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
May 8. Went to work at usual time, between 9 and 10 am. Millard text to Schlatman 5:42 am: do you have the power washer?

Who was this in reference to? SS? Thought he worked from 7am to 7pm? ;)

I read it as SS went to work at regular time (7am) and then received a text between 9 and 10am

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 30s30 seconds ago
Millard said there was a body shop in Toronto that he and father dealt with. Schlatman ordered windshield removal kit on May 7.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 17s17 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Here is what Bosma's truck looked like, when police found it inside a trailer at Millard's mother's house #Bosma
[video=twitter;711955878002434048]https://twitter.com/ShannonMartinTV/status/711955878002434048[/video]

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 48s49 seconds ago
He bought a windshield removal kit that day. Says DM wanted him to remove the windshield from the red truck. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 46s47 seconds ago
Millard wanted Schlatman to prep truck for painting

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 47s47 seconds ago
Schlatman noticed it was partially stripped, which he said was unusual

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 40s40 seconds ago
Dell wanted windshield removed from red truck. Crown asking why? Pillay objects, calling it "conjecture."

I thought SS had the day off on May 7th....how did he know to order this, no text show this communication and he was not at work.

I'd like to a a small tidbit of information regarding the security cameras. In my experience, with a specific brand of security camera (AXIS). These cameras do in fact revert to a default position when power is lost or they are reset, and depending how they were oriented they could face the wall.

I thought SS had the day off on May 7th....how did he know to order this, no text show this communication and he was not at work.

He ordered it that day. DM may have asked SS prior to May 6 because we anticipate others will testify that the theft of a truck was planned.

I also notice the tweet where Pillay objected re "conjecture". IMO, that says SS would have had to guess as to why it was ordered and that DM had not in fact told SS why it was needed.

This is just me but it REALLY REALLY bugs me, when a guy who is supposedly telling the truth, and gives testimony shows up to court in pair of jeans and hoodie, then as he leaves court, covers his face by hiding in that hoodie hood. I hate that.

Lisa Williams did it too. She covered her face with a folder.

If you're telling the truth and you have nothing hide why are you covering your face LIKE CRIMINALS DO IN THE BACK OF A POLICE CRUISER.

This may get deleted and I understand, but it really bugs me.

Respectfully, although I totally see what you're saying, if that were me: an innocent person testifying in a high profile case, I would not want my photo taken and privacy invaded. I'm a private person and can understand how others would be as well. If these people are indeed innocent, they were dragged into this situation and should have the right to cover their faces. The witness, I mean. MOO

I really don't believe anyone was afraid of DM I believe everyone knew about shady business going on and these guys are just not telling the whole story..just did what DM wanted my butt. There would come a time when you are asked to do things you're not comfortable with that you would take a walk..but SS stood by his buddy for 7 years..he knew exactly what was going on..IMO and I think AJ knew his SIL was into some shady stuff too and that is why he tried to protect his family. I believe the escalation to the theft and missing person may have surprised them but yet SS still stood by DM and still does not seem to be throwing him under the bus like we all thought he would.

According to earlier tweets:

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
When Schlatman showed at hangar Wed May 8, first thing he saw was black pickup truck "parked in the middle of the hangar."

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Schlatman says in his 7 years knowing Millard, he had not purchased a vehicle with an interior like that - totally stripped #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Schlatman: There was no interior, the seats were gone, the carpets were gone. It was a barefloor, and a dash #Bosma

Above was May 8 .. the same day SH testified he was at the hangar and saw the carpet pulled out and lying on the tarp and that he asked SS about it?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...flame-in-video.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

On the stand Thursday, Hussey recalled that they had also met at the hangar on May 8 — a meeting that had been scheduled for May 7 until Millard put it off via text message. During that meeting, Hussey recalled, Millard looked tired: his hair was uncharacteristically messy, his sweater was falling off his shoulder, and he had bags under his eyes.

Also, he notice a black pickup truck parked in the hangar — which he now knows was the Bosma truck. It was sitting on a tarp, as was carpet that had been ripped from the interior.

He asked Shane Schlatman, Millard’s right-hand man at the hangar, about it and was told he got it in Kitchener.

I read it as SS went to work at regular time (7am) and then received a text between 9 and 10am

The text was sent at 5:42am. This was on May 8th. He also testified that on May 10th he and AJ got to work around 10am.

Respectfully, although I totally see what you're saying, if that were me: an innocent person testifying in a high profile case, I would not want my photo taken and privacy invaded. I'm a private person and can understand how others would be as well. If these people are indeed innocent, they were dragged into this situation and should have the right to cover their faces. The witness, I mean. MOO

There seems to be a double standard for the way witnesses are treated. Dr. Burns was led out of the court by Hamilton police officers, who blocked anyone from taking photos of him.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...wn-away-by-pet-cremation-suggestion-1.3485222

The homemade incinerator at the hangar...

98si6h.jpg

https://twitter.com/liamdevlincasey?lang=en

That is the oddest burn barrel that I've ever seen. Can anyone figure out the mechanics of this? How does a person put the garbage into it? There doesn't seem to be an inlet for O2. Is that a lid I see on the top? There doesn't seem to be anywhere for the smoke to escape.

It looks more like a coffin than a burn barrel. MOO

I find these statements interesting. SS says, "he was the one who controlled the cameras"and "he could see/change the location", but was he ever asked directly if he did change the orientation? Why not? He just goes on to say that it's not the normal view, implying that someone else changed it. There's a lot that's not being said here.

I would def say there is alot not being said or being asked..like did SS go to the police on his own after DM was arrested? Did the police need to track him down? I guess the crown is tip toeing around the questioning and maybe we won't find out much. Not sure how much the defense will cross this guy, he didn't really say much. IMO

That is the oddest burn barrel that I've ever seen. Can anyone figure out the mechanics of this? How does a person put the garbage into it? There doesn't seem to be an inlet for O2. Is that a lid I see on the top? There doesn't seem to be anywhere for the smoke to escape.

It looks more like a coffin than a burn barrel. MOO

Perhaps it's a "before" picture and we haven't seen the finished product.

Just a note as to why SS was not charged with anything:

these texts the jury is seeing had to come from SS's phone. Obviously, he handed his physical phone over to LE so they could see for themselves the conversations he had with DM. Had he deleted any of them, LE would have known that based on the phone records from DM's phone. I think he was 100% transparent with LE and didn't know jack-squat about what DM and MS had done.

It's not obvious he handed over his phone at all. The jury was not told how the texts were obtained.

I would def say there is alot not being said or being asked..like did SS go to the police on his own after DM was arrested? Did the police need to track him down? I guess the crown is tip toeing around the questioning and maybe we won't find out much. Not sure how much the defense will cross this guy, he didn't really say much. IMO

Was there not testimony from AJ that he asked why the seats were gone and SS told him DM had allergies??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500