Bosma Murder Trial 03.21.16 - Day 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he's been way less sketchy than we may have believed, and those texts from DM make it clear that SS was outside of the plan. But I do still pause at the fact that he didn't call the police. He knew it was Tim's truck, even if they were playing word games with "hypothetically". He knew Tim's family was in turmoil--because DM commented on it.

(Just because I point these things out doesn't mean I see the world in black and white, I suppose I'm just disappointed at how many people were NOT willing to pick up a phone and call the police when a man's life was on the line. And I do still recognize that SS is coming across as relatively honest, and I don't think he was involved in the plan--at least not knowingly.)

I agree. Many many many people that I have talked to about this case can relate to TB's family. Many have used kijiji ebay etc to sell vehicles, many are "car guys", many have young families, many are just like the Bosma family.....including SS. He was young, he had a family to support, he had a wife, he had young kids, I'm sure he has sold a vehicle online before.....why was he not hooked on this case like everyone else? I know of many mechanics who follow this case, as they ALL have sold trucks online, they all have families and they all can relate to TB& family. It does not make sense to me that SS did not know of or follow this case early on, especially after his texts with DM about it being "just a stolen truck that he bought". I'm sure he is following it closely now!!!!!!:liar::copcar:

The el cheapo burn barrel rocket ship is beyond ridiculous. Was the hangar a quasi-science design lab for reject ideas run by a mad scientist who everyone listened to without question? He didn't need to burn garbage. Come on!

I will go with NOT true....along with pretty much everything SS said today. I just can't get my head around why he is still covering for DM, he is sitting in jail, everything is pointing to DM being guilty, why not give it all up SS???

IMO, because telling the full truth would implicate him in crimes of theft, and moving stolen property, which could result in him being charged with serious crimes. It might even lead to him being somehow involved in a murder, perhaps as an accessory after the fact.

There have to be very serious and important reasons why he and his father in law AJ, are no longer speaking. I have to wonder if AJ sees his grandchildren, or his daughter anymore ? Are SS and his wife still together ? It must be hard for his wife, and children to live in the community, as well as for AJ's wife. It is possible they have been shunned, or are they the subjects of hurtful gossip among those they used to count as friends ? MOO

Jury is now in the room. Goodman instructing them about "out of court statements" made by the two accused. "When witnesses report what an accused says, you have to decide for yourself whether you believe the witness," Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 10:34 AM

Reminder of what Goodman tells the jury. If we have doubts here on WS, the jury most also.

Perhaps it's a "before" picture and we haven't seen the finished product.

:hilarious:.......you're right....they still the cone on the top and hinge in the middle where you crack it open to put in the garbage .

<rbbm>

I keep reading this over and over, but I can't figure out what is being said here....perhaps I'm just tired. Molly Hayes is the only reporter to tweet this.

I caught that too. I wonder why he needed the ext of the office phone, I assume. What was so pressing that they needed to talk on a landline, rather than the cell phones that they were already in their hands.

Hmmm....I can't see switching out one truck with evidence of a murder inside it, for another truck with evidence of a murder inside it.

Interesting thought, though. Keeping the red Ram away from the police was obviously important to DM.

That's why I said something went wrong DM wasn't in it for $$,

it's known they were looking at other trucks

it's now known he wanted to make it look like his existing one why do that? you do that if you need to hide something about your existing one. He can't outright buy it, it could be traced.

Why did he have Shane research about incinerators and shop around for one? I would think DM wanted to savour those moments all to himself. Was he sharing his culpable behaviour?

Cross examination of SS will be interesting. If Pillay goes easy on SS then maybe SS is still supporting/covering for DM.

Are we still thinking SS is the person DM wanted his gf to get to change his testimony? Nothing seems extremely inflammatory to me about what he has said except for the bs texts feeling sorry for Tim's family.

Cross examination of SS will be interesting. If Pillay goes easy on SS then maybe SS is still supporting/covering for DM.

What will the defense raise in the cross examination? I think that the defense will want to establish that the position of the camera was changed by SS, or cold weather conditions, and not by DM.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when the two LE (uniformed officers or plainclothes detectives???) paid DM the one hour initial visit at the hangar. Just a guess here, but DM prolly showed some 'rubber legged, adrenaline spiked, sweaty forehead' body language for the 'surprise' visit. JMO

So he moved Tim's truck, the incinerator, his red Dodge, goes to bank and on way to lawyer(?). He thought he was done.

If SS is lying, and the prosecution knows it, can they call out his inconsistencies in court? What happens when he contradicts himself or something AJ said earlier (unbeknownst to SS)?

why in the police testimony did they not tell the jury what they asked DM and what DM answered them? They were there a whole hour questioning him and all they told the jury was can we have a look around" and DM replied "thought you were going to say that" So what was said in that whole hour? and why did they not mention questioning SS? should that not have been in the officer's testimony when they were on the stand? What reason did they have for leaving that out?

Something is really off with SS today. Seems like several people knew that DM was test driving/stealing a truck. How could SS not know this, afterall, this stolen truck was coming to the hanger for SS to work on. Did CN get to him about changing his story.....I think so!!!!

I will go with NOT true....along with pretty much everything SS said today. I just can't get my head around why he is still covering for DM, he is sitting in jail, everything is pointing to DM being guilty, why not give it all up SS???

I don't get it, either... So much evidence. And especially since DM is likely not allowed to have contact with SS... In which case they wouldn't have maintained a friendship over the last almost 3 years. What's up with the loyalty? :confused:

I don't get it, either... So much evidence. And especially since DM is likely not allowed to have contact with SS... In which case they wouldn't have maintained a friendship over the last almost 3 years. What's up with the loyalty? :confused:

Mama could be the connection $$$

So he moved Tim's truck, the incinerator, his red Dodge, goes to bank and on way to lawyer(?). He thought he was done.

Well do we really believe he was on his way to a lawyer after 5pm on a Friday? Unless that lawyer was in Europe maybe? ;)

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member