Bosma Murder Trial 03.21.16 - Day 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if anyone besides SS is up to testify tomorrow?

I believe it was CP24 today that said the girlfriends are expected to testify "sometime this week". I am going to the trial Wednesday and hope it's one of them!!

ETA: I can't find that online, but I believe a reporter said it live on CP24 between 5-6pm.

$3,000.00 could have been a retainer.

Wow, can't believe how many people on WS, FB and many other forums online can see right through SS's testimony today!

Here's hoping the jury does too !!!

Well do we really believe he was on his way to a lawyer after 5pm on a Friday? Unless that lawyer was in Europe maybe? ;)

MOO

No, I think that is what CN/DM told him to say!!! JMO

I wonder why today ended so abruptly? Defense in a huff over testimony?

That's why I said something went wrong DM wasn't in it for $$,

it's known they were looking at other trucks

it's now known he wanted to make it look like his existing one why do that? you do that if you need to hide something about your existing one. He can't outright buy it, it could be traced.

Why do you decide to do this almost a year later when no one is even questioning you about LB? LE haven't questioned you in almost a year and even her parents aren't pushing for her to be found? Isn't it easier to take your truck to a wrecker and just have it crushed? Or maybe just power wash it out? What possible evidence of LB's murder could have been in that red truck almost a year later that he would steal another one?

There have been two people now who have indicated that DM was told that he needed a truck with a diesel engine to make that Baja trip if he wanted to save money. Two people who have indicated that he intended to take that Baja trip in May 2013.

He could never have passed TB's Ram for his own in an LE murder investigation. He wasn't trying to IMO. He just wanted to pass it by border patrol and maybe a cop who might pull him over for any reason on his trip to Baja.

MOO

It appears they've already argued a ton of it away with regards to SS...why not some more? There is way too much stilted testimony and things that appear to be missing from this testimony for it not to have been altered by defense arguments IMO.

MOO

It appears they've already argued a ton of it away with regards to SS...why not some more? There is way too much stilted testimony and things that appear to be missing from this testimony for it not to have been altered by defense arguments IMO.

MOO

Yes I agree. Something is off about SS and his testimony for sure.

Yes, it did finish early and abruptly!!!! Anyone who was in court, what was last said/asked?

MOO
It's better than letting things admitted into evidence that could be used later as a grounds for appeal (or mistrial) IMO

I hope it's okay to post this... If not, let me know. Does anyone on here go to the actual trial? I went once last month, and hope to go Wednesday. I chatted with a couple people last time and wouldn't mind another trial buddy :) <modsnip>

Whatever the issues were, let's hope they got them ironed out by the end of the day so SS can continue with his testimony first thing when court is in session in the morning!

I am hoping the jury is at least half as smart and observant as everyone here! If so, TB will have justice in the end. So many great posts in response to SS's testimony today. WS sleuths are awesome! :toast:

All MOO.

$3,000.00 could have been a retainer.

Just jumping off your post...

For what though? What would he possibly have said to a lawyer? If he wanted to retain a lawyer, he should have told the LE officers who showed up at the hangar that he had nothing to say and that he would be calling his lawyer. Again, either SS is making that up to try to explain why he went to the bank to get $3000 or DM lied to him about it. I'd say it's the former and SS has had a lot of time to come up with these little gems. I wonder if that was in his original testimony? DM still had a truck that was stripped clean but still full of blood and gunshot residue in his mother's driveway to get rid of at that time. How was he expecting a lawyer to help him out with that?

MOO

The testimony of SS today made a few things abundantly clear.....
--DM & MS indeed were the two men who were seen on video entering the hangar...no doubt about it in the mind of SS
--the hangar was equipped with a power washer.
--and DM is a heartless,lying bstrd.

I can't tell if SS was lying and where he was lying...and I am not even sure that he was lying. His testimony had another quality about it that I had trouble identifying for the better part of the day. And then a single word came to mind and it was simply this--SPIN.

SPIN....interesting word and we've all heard it and we think we know how to use....but I looked it up this afternoon and this is what I found
Spin is selectively presenting facts and quotes to support one's story or actions.
Spin is a form of propaganda or creative presentation of facts in order to present a biased interpretation of events.
The one who dishes spin is referred to as a spin doctor or spinmeister.
And in a more coarse version of expression it is simply bllsht....and the one who seeks to deceive is a bullsht artist.

Just a little something to keep in mind as Shane<modsnip> presents his testimony today and likely again tomorrow.

"There's a black pickup truck parked in the middle of the hangar," Schaltman says about coming to work on May 8.
by Adam Carter 12:34 PM

He said he didn't know anything about Bosma's missing person investigation then.
by Adam Carter 12:34 PM

"He said he had nought the truck to go to Baja with, and he wanted to get it painted. He indicated to me he had purchased it in Kitchener." He didn't say when.
by Adam Carter 12:35 PM

"There was no interior -- the seats were gone, the carpets were gone."
by Adam Carter 12:35 PM

***It's been all over the news all day of the day he had off (due to a strange text at 5:55am) and he heard nothing about TB. He lives in Brantford and was in Hamilton for the day? Not buying it. Not to mention the visable blood that was still in the truck.

I knew about it first thing May 7 from the Tim Hortons drive through server (who I had never met before in my life) at a location near Brantford. EVERYONE close to Ancaster was talking about it.

How did Shane know DM was going to see a lawyer when he didn't see him after he left the hangar? How did he know he went to the bank? I don't see any cell records showing they communicated after Shane dropped him off at the hangar.

Why didn't they just smash the windshield of the red truck to get the VIN and get a replacement windshield? :wondering:

Just jumping off your post...

For what though? What would he possibly have said to a lawyer? If he wanted to retain a lawyer, he should have told the LE officers who showed up at the hangar that he had nothing to say and that he would be calling his lawyer. Again, either SS is making that up to try to explain why he went to the bank to get $3000 or DM lied to him about it. I'd say it's the former and SS has had a lot of time to come up with these little gems. I wonder if that was in his original testimony? DM still had a truck that was stripped clean but still full of blood and gunshot residue in his mother's driveway to get rid of at that time. How was he expecting a lawyer to help him out with that?

MOO

Maybe DM thought he'd appear to cooperate with LE when they arrived and so agreed to the interview to show he "had nothing to hide"? Then maybe LE was asking more and more probing questions and DM got the picture that he hadn't charmed his way out of the predicament, and furthermore, maybe LE asked him to visit the station to continue talking and DM decided to consult a lawyer?

All MOO.

It would be prudent of us to keep in mind that other upcoming trials may be preventing very relevant and very damning information from being admitted as evidence in this trial... Seems rather unfair and unjust that important, relevant evidence may be excluded from consideration by the jury for the simple reason that it's deemed 'prejudicial' against the accused, doesn't it? :gaah: :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500