Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have researched exit bags extensively since learning about my mother's death. Besides the bag there is no other evidence that I am aware of found at the scene to suggest this method. I don't think the police have anything.

RSBM.
I understand your frustration.
I too had never heard of this method of suicide until I read about it in a case here at WS. 'Christmas Tree Lady' who is a UID chose to end her life this way. Through reading that thread I learned that there is at least one book that goes into detail about how to do this way and websites now too. I believe the book was published around 20 years ago.

I'm not clear yet whether Cheryl's toxicology results are back?

I am glad you brought this book up. I read it in mortuary school. It is a manual of suicide.

This woman was clearly murdered but LE is covering their behinds because they are absolutely clueless about how to solve this crime.

I have researched exit bags extensively since learning about my mother's death. Besides the bag there is no other evidence that I am aware of found at the scene to suggest this method. I don't think the police have anything.
Can you comment on the type of bag? Shopping bag, trash bag? Was it tied? I hate to ask such insensitive questions.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

“At this point in the investigation, there is nothing to suggest DeBoer’s death was the result of an act of homicidal violence,” Police Chief Greg Wilson said in the statement.

Umm, Chief Greg - she was found in a drainage culvert with a plastic bag over her head and with all due respect, this suggests homicidal violence.

And to anyone thinking 'she could have walked to the culvert 1.5 miles away, trashed her purse and phone along the way, secured the bag over her own head and then submerged her head in the water of the culvert to drown herself', I will just say it now - NO - stop it.

Surely, this is not what Chief Greg meant to say and if it was, there will never be a resolution to this case and the murderer will go free because the police department is STUPID.

Based on what I know, and speaking with ME I am confident she was put there the morning she went missing.

And why do you feel that she was placed on the east side of the culvert and found on the west side, if that isn't too intrusive for you to answer.

I can't reconcile what we know with a suicide. If it was (which I don't believe) she would have to have staged her own suicide by wanting people to believe she was murdered. Otherwise, how can the blood in the car be explained? Just some thoughts. MOO

You make a valid point on the drug addict comment, except for the car thing. But..if a drug addict has a car, I don't think they would go as far as to commit crimes like robbing people. I guess you never know. On the hit and run thing, I don't think that happened her, but I guess it's a possibility. The odd things people do makes sense. That comment made me think of a person that was killed in Seattle or Tacoma area and driven all around for an hour or whatever and then they drove straight to the mental hospital with the dead body in the car with them...as for a sexual predator, like you said, in situations of panic etc many victims don't scream. They may be paralyzed by fear or just want to appease their attacker so as not to anger and incite them. I do think she would fight them, I think most people would to a degree, especially if her life is in danger, unless it was very quick and she didn't have time to fight. What is the address to that house you are referring to #8?
House i thought was different could be many occupants. A few cars there. Address is 23507 58th.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Maybe I am daft but how would water get into Cheryl's lungs if the plastic bag was tight/sealed enough to cause affiliation?

It's homicide, and they can't admit it. She disappeared too close to their PD Department.

Stryker57, I am so sorry. Words feel so inadequate & awkward. I think this is spot on, and does your mom a horrific disservice. There seems to be a bit of a blue line.

Is there anything at all that we, we being the local MLT / Edmonds / Lynnwood area community, can do for your family, or to raise awareness, etc, that might be helpful & not impede the investigation?

It's a really helpless feeling. Many of us came to this forum to follow this case & to see justice done for Cheryl & your family & truly hope this still happens, soon.

Maybe I am daft but how would water get into Cheryl's lungs if the plastic bag was tight/sealed enough to cause affiliation?

Maybe it was sealed enough to make her pass out, and then with the amount of rain they had and all that water rushing in the culvert, if she was placed on the east side of the culvert and her body was found on the west side then all that rushing water could creep into that bag, perhaps?

IMOO.

Maybe it was sealed enough to make her pass out, and then with the amount of rain they had and all that water rushing in the culvert, if she was placed on the east side of the culvert and her body was found on the west side then all that rushing water could creep into that bag, perhaps?

IMOO.

Very well could be. I just don't know what to think of this new info!

It looks like the bad guys are going to win another one........

Can you comment on the type of bag? Shopping bag, trash bag? Was it tied? I hate to ask such insensitive questions.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I don't want to release too much info, the police haven't released. But I will say it wasn't consistent to what you would choose for an exit bag. This is based on my research...

I can't reconcile what we know with a suicide. If it was (which I don't believe) she would have to have staged her own suicide by wanting people to believe she was murdered. Otherwise, how can the blood in the car be explained? Just some thoughts. MOO

Or the killer idiotic and poor atempt to make it appear like a suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130