Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up 20 pages worth. Whew.

Thoughts and prayers tonight for the JL family and friends. As well, all here who really do care.

I so get you its been a busy thread but in my own way I am ok cause this is a hate crime
so at some level I am relivesd to know that you all care

If any of you are moved go here and read this--about 45 seconds of your lives, it was a huge deal the gay community nation wide----- his mom made killing a gay person a felony !

IMO Joeys death is gonna be totally about he was a gay human being understandly that pains me ......................................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard

Are any of you following the Michael Vanzandt case? He also disappeared without a trace - in California. On the 5th of March. A day after Joey went missing. He was supposed to be meeting friends at a restaurant. He showed up, then he was gone. It's haunting. Hope some of you can check it out. I'm a bit sad that it seems to have gone cold.

Regarding the aunt's phone call. I think he might have said that to get her off the phone because he was busy and didn't want to talk right then. Like, I can't talk..I'm driving right now...even though he wasn't. It could be that nothing was wrong yet at that time.

Regarding the aunt's phone call. I think he might have said that to get her off the phone because he was busy and didn't want to talk right then. Like, I can't talk..I'm driving right now...even though he wasn't. It could be that nothing was wrong yet at that time.
I sometimes claim to be driving when I'm actually passengering.

If any of you are moved go here and read this--about 45 seconds of your lives, it was a huge deal the gay community nation wide----- his mom made killing a gay person a felony !

IMO Joeys death is gonna be totally about he was a gay human being understandly that pains me ......................................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard

I sincerely hope this is not how Joey's case ends. I admit that I live in a naive California mindset...gay is no big deal in my circles, I'm both a native San Franciscan and 80's child. I just can't wrap my head around phobic notions. :-(

Does anyone else find it really freaking odd why the media is saying "could be?!" Why say anything at all..... It's like they are hinting that it is him but won't come out a say it. I think it's inappropriate to say "could be." Just say there still isn't a positive identification.... Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The media will use whatever clickbait headline they feel will generate the most visits to their page because the more visits, the more clicks on their ads and the more income they make.

I'm so very much hoping that if this is Joey than it isn't a hate crime. I like to think of Columbus as more open and accepting than that....of course it could just be my hopefulness! But to me, being gay/lesbian/transgender isn't a big deal at all- it all boils down to the same thing....we're all people just trying to get by in life. It's sad to me that more people can't see that.

Are any of you following the Michael Vanzandt case? He also disappeared without a trace - in California. On the 5th of March. A day after Joey went missing. He was supposed to be meeting friends at a restaurant. He showed up, then he was gone. It's haunting. Hope some of you can check it out. I'm a bit sad that it seems to have gone cold.

Hi

You are in deep trouble! I lov this place - however I have learned with Zach this missing person stuff is grueling! I am fine with terrotists, plane crashes, murders, but Zach and Joey are truly torture - so pls dont be giving me another one ( said with a smile)

and you know what the differance is there are concrete answers why a plane crashes. There are concrete reason why a terrortist does it, Zach like Joey are devasting ... there are no real answers, and we are held hostage by LE -at some point they need to grasp we are paying them
it is torture and I can not imagine what this like for them I guess in some ways the only thing I can hope is they are being given a lot nore info info is important, we need to ubderstand stuff that is just the way our minds work imo

I'm so very much hoping that if this is Joey than it isn't a hate crime. I like to think of Columbus as more open and accepting than that....of course it could just be my hopefulness! But to me, being gay/lesbian/transgender isn't a big deal at all- it all boils down to the same thing....we're all people just trying to get by in life. It's sad to me that more people can't see that.

Ugh I think this if the truth is ever told yhis is a hate crime without question

sad isnt it ---that one can hate someone from 22 feet away?

Please, do not bother me now i am passengering TY!

Exactly. Friends and family who have not been told anything could read that and be totally thrown through a loop. What if it isn't him? It's very inappropriate to say "could be" IMO

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just so agree with you- they are being nuts here. I feel sorry for the close folks- they just are not making any sense at all gun yes no knife yes no id YES NO Could be him yes no No signs of trauma yes no

Its totally dumb and the family has to be in h@ll unless hopefully they are handling them better than they are the rest of the planet lets hope so

Local MSM states that they're using dental records today to ID the body. I hate that they're basically saying it IS Joey without actual confirmation. It's very likely that it is him, but if it turns out not to be, Joey's family has been through hell wondering. The LE silence tells me that they got a good tip about what happened to him, and were following those leads. There has been talk here about when he was put in the river. It's possible he was held alive for a time, and then killed...but I dunno. It's early and I'm hangry because I need to have blood tests taken and it's a fasting one, so I'm starving and caffeine deprived. :coffeews:

It is hard for me to wrap my head around this being deemed a "hate crime." I just don't see it in Columbus- it is such a welcoming and proud community. I am originally from Cleveland and recently moved back here after living in Cbus for almost 9 years. Cbus is so different than anywhere up here (northeast)- it is so culturally diverse- there is something for everyone. Literally.
You would think that in today's day in age, people would be more accepting. Unfortunately, there are still people that do not see eye to eye and think being gay is wrong. But leads me to wonder, if this was a hate crime, how in the hell did someone come in contact with Joey?
Is it possible that someone is "fishing" around on gay dating apps in order to lure gay men into violent deaths? Just doesn't make sense to me!

Smirky face killers have killed over 200 young men in 20 years. Killing is hate. People that love do not kill. So yes it's a hate crime regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that! But from a moral perspective, I do not think it is appropriate- it is not fair or right to the family/friends of Joey.
I think there are other ways to word what they are trying to say. There is already a large population following this case- people will be reading the updates no matter what- and it even made national news.
Poor choice in wording- whether it is "click bait" or not.

I guarantee when everyone first read that sentence, everyone thought that it said, it WAS Joey! SMH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona