TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. Been mostly lurking on this one. I just wanted to give my impression of the perp. I am getting a somewhat "mannish" female and I wonder if she us a security guard of some sort. She/he has that swagger of what we call a "wannabe cop" . also as awkward as her/his gait seems to be, he/ she still see to be quite adroit handling the tools. Also at one point it really looked as though it was sort of fingering it's shoulder area where a police radio would be. I guess what I'm trying to say is I can see the perp comfortable with the equipment, but awkward with the bulk of it. I dunno. I will bet my horse that this is a law enforcement familiar person.

Back to reading. Some of our new members are posting some great opinions. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

:woot::goodpost::woot:

Yes!!! We need more of your ideas! What is your horse's name? :laughing:

Oh sooooooo spot on!!!!!!

4:16 a.m. — Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.

How come the perp' vehicle isn't shown driving in?

Is there a link to this? or better yet is there ccvtv/video footage of this? is/has it been said where in the parking lot the vehicle was when seen? When you come into the church parking lot you can go straight which would put the two (2) finger lots to the left and as you go around the church (building you would bare right, at that point you would pass the dumpster area, (where the broke door & window are). If you enter the lot and turn right in front of the building you will end up at the fron corner of the building with the over hang at the main entrance, (were Terri was). If by chance the camera's were there at the front door entrance then anyone going straight back would not be in the video. Do we know where Terri was when that image was caught? jmo idk

It makes sense to me to stage a burglary in order to divert attention and investigation away from who would want to kill, or have killed, Missy in cold blood.

I am seeing things very very clearly now, after watching all of the videos. But it is difficult to talk about motive, because I think it's breaking the rules, as Missy, her family, and friends are to be treated as victims.

I think you are on FIRE on a scale from cold to hot.

If Missy was targeted and her killer:
-planned ahead, thought out costume..
-Knew her schedule/arrival time
-that her daughter would not be going with her that day
-was familiar with church

Likely the killer would also know that some camp members regularly arrive early. There would only be 10-15 mins. to carry out their plan and leave without being seen by early arrivals. The killer would also know that her body would be found within minutes.

Such a tight timeline, but it worked out for her killer.
I just can't get over the tight timeline in this crime. To plan a murder with a 10 minute window of opportunity is amazing. Gutsy. Bold.

Yes, and the way of holding the flashlight in that position certainly hints at law enforcement or military training. But, where do we go from there...?

Motive as to why someone in LE might be tied...

Since this class was normally done outside, if the person was there only to kill Missy, they had to have known she'd be going inside that day, otherwise they'd have waited for her outside.

So assuming the intention was to kill Missy, who knew she'd be going inside that morning?

Stellar question....although it raises even more questions, right?
For instance, the suspect could've thought she was going to do her classes under the Porte cochere (overhang outside awning) and could've easily dragged her inside. It may have looked less suspicious to a possible witness with the "Police" jacket on?! Because who really calls a suspicious event in on 911 when it "appears" the Police are already handling it?

My hinky meter is all over the place on this one.....

Something that's been bothering me is how he/she got away?
There is only one driveway in and out of the parking lot. Even if the getaway car was parked in back, out of sight, they would still have to leave by that drive and, from what I understand, some of the camp participants would have already been there.....waiting in the parking lot.
It looks like no matter were they were parked they would see a vehicle leaving the premises.

If you look at google earth you can see a little dirt drive in the far back of the lot that loops around but if you look closely you can see more tracks where vehicles have driven going as far back as the left corner of the lot. The ground would have been very muddy but maybe the perp made his way from the back of the lot over to the airport on the right. Doesn't look like it would be too far. Wonder if they checked cameras at the airport?

I'm going to guess that the perp had staked out the classes from the previous week and knew how MB would enter the parking lot. I have attached a link to google earth below.

If MB was being safe, she would loop around the backside of the building on her way in to check for unusual cars, but I would be willing to bet that she had a habit of turning and driving along the front of the church and then pulling into the covered entryway. Knowing that, the perp could park at the back of the building and MB would never have seen the car.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.4466847,-96.9240772,153m/data=!3m1!1e3

So why sit in the car for 25 minutes while Missy sets up? If I was that close a friend .... I wouldn't sit in the car, I'd go say hi or help set up, I wouldn't just sit around alone while in the parking lot while Missy was also alone setting up for the class. That's my only problem with this scenario....

^sbm bbm^

Several posters said if they had been in that situation (a friend of Ms B, waaaay early for class) they would have gone in bldg, offered to help, etc.
Agreeing that some ppl would do that ^, no doubt.

OTOH, is it possible --
--- Ms X who was going to a 5:00 (FCOL, 5:00am) exercise class, has a hectic schedule, and could Get Stuff Done on smart phone while waiting in car and sending/answering emails & IMs, typing report, submitting a business expense travel request, or balancing checking a/c, etc. Or just chill-axing?
--- Ms X had on other occasion(s) been early for class and had offered to help, but Ms B politely rebuffed/declined?

IDK, imo, any of the ^ three are possible. And I think this is a separate issue from whether Ms X should/should not have phoned Mr B to notify of death. JM2cts.

ETA:
Is it poss Ms X was not a friend of Ms B, just a student, so did not enter bldg alone, waited for others?
Do we know for sure that the early bird-Ms X was also the same person who phoned Mr B?

If the perp DID wear those boot covers, I don't think they knew about the cameras. Why go to so much trouble to cover your tracks if you'll be seen on camera anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because they knew they would be recognized and for whatever reason it's important they not be.

I thought the killer's footwear seemed a size or 2 too big for him, but NOT possibly too tight - IMO he looked like he was 'clumping around' like some kid in big snowshoes/boots, NOT somebody whose feet were hurting him.

I do not recall seeing any man with duck feet - all turned out like that man's EXCEPT for a pic' about 2 mos. ago on dailymail.com which showed Kelsey Grammar in flip flops headed to some resort pool - KG's legs & feet were like this man's - I wonder if there is video of KG walking, because maybe men with turned out feet like that walk kinda 'funny' as we see in the video ??

Doesn't it seem like the real police should quickly locate the killer if he is a local - those feet !!! But 'those feet' have me worry it could be a Ted Bundy guy crisscrossing the USA now - so easy for him to make use of FB to find 'his next' victim !! If police would tell us HOW this killer hurt Ms. Bevers I think we'd have a better idea of whether it was some local who had an issue with her, or, 'Jimmy Rogers' (TSievers' case) ENJOYED hurting others with hammers & I believe TSievers had something like 15-17 blows to her head !

I am bumping this because once I saw the boot covers it explained what I was seeing in the video and the perp's gait. I still think the perp walks oddly but I can't think the boot covers made it more pronounced.

This was reported to LE yesterday.

Who thinks a gun was involved? Why the use of gunshot residue dogs? Why check security video at gun shop close by for presence of suspect?

Ohhh that's right... I remember seeing what I thought was some sort of a firearm in the perps hand. ;)

Perp wanted it to look like an interrupted burglary?

Why? He could have much easier killed her outside in one second, took her purse, and made it look like a robbery, instead of spending a half hour inside, busting down doors.

Hi guys. Been mostly lurking on this one. I just wanted to give my impression of the perp. I am getting a somewhat "mannish" female and I wonder if she us a security guard of some sort. She/he has that swagger of what we call a "wannabe cop" . also as awkward as her/his gait seems to be, he/ she still see to be quite adroit handling the tools. Also at one point it really looked as though it was sort of fingering it's shoulder area where a police radio would be. I guess what I'm trying to say is I can see the perp comfortable with the equipment, but awkward with the bulk of it. I dunno. I will bet my horse that this is a law enforcement familiar person.

Back to reading. Some of our new members are posting some great opinions. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I see something totally different< no gait-gate> he/she seems to be casually walking around, opening/trying to open doors, being NOSY(<the kind that would look in your bathroom cabinet> Doesn't appear to be looking for anything valuable. Lying-n-wait:moo:

Can I rename my new horse, are shipping fees included?:happydance:

I checked through Google to get any information on the services today. Since the media was not allowed the closest I could fine was a pic taken across the street from the Cowboy Church of Ellis County that showed the parking lot full of cars. She had a lot of friends! Bless her heart!

It was packed!!!! We didn't go but we're in the area.

Stellar question....although it raises even more questions, right?
For instance, the suspect could've thought she was going to do her classes under the Porte cochere (overhang outside awning) and could've easily dragged her inside. It may have looked less suspicious to a possible witness with the "Police" jacket on?! Because who really calls a suspicious event in on 911 when it "appears" the Police are already handling it?

My hinky meter is all over the place on this one.....

So is mine! Mercy.

OK, I'm guessing Missy told her killer her exact plans, either by text or phone call on the previous evening. Even more detail than she posted on facebook. She may be closer to her killer than what some imagine.

Calling him makes sense if she is indeed an actual friend, not just a client.
So why sit in the car for 25 minutes while Missy sets up? If I was that close a friend that I had his number and that I'd feel it was my responsibility to tell him this awful thing had happened rather than letting LE do it (which is one of the things they do all the time, it's their job), then I wouldn't sit in the car, I'd go say hi or help set up, I wouldn't just sit around alone while in the parking lot while Missy was also alone setting up for the class. That's my only problem with this scenario.

It could be that the timeline is wrong and she wasn't waiting for 25 minutes. Maybe it was someone else, who wasn't close to Missy, and there are crossed wires somewhere. In that case how have the PD arrived at the timeline if, as is said, there was no timestamps on the CCTV?

What time did our victim arrive to the church? What time did this camper arrive at the church? What time was the class suppose to officially begin?

I'm going to guess that the perp had staked out the classes from the previous week and knew how MB would enter the parking lot. I have attached a link to google earth below.

If MB was being safe, she would loop around the backside of the building on her way in to check for unusual cars, but I would be willing to bet that she had a habit of turning and driving along the front of the church and then pulling into the covered entryway. Knowing that, the perp could park at the back of the building and MB would never have seen the car.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.4466847,-96.9240772,153m/data=!3m1!1e3
that makes sense as far as MB being able to see him, but I was thinking more of the participants that found her. I thought I heard that they sat in their car(s) for awhile before actually going in? I don't know, I just feel like he wouldn't have left through the front. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1