TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it hurts too much-this case. The photo on her obituary with her little one just about killed me.

And I wonder if LE are holding back CCTV footage (which I think is normal procedure so that is most likely what is happening) or did the perp find the room with the cameras/computers in? And disconnect it?

aside from the offering there isnt much but furniture maybe computers . It didnt appear this peep was after anything except to accomplish her task. I do wonder if it was a hired job.. hope we find out

You just made quite a point that made me pause-dress up like that for a few hundred dollars?
The videos of the perp are so frightening to me-somehow reminds me of the Zodiac Killer. The brazen calm behavior and demeanor.

RSBM. THIS. A woman would not behave in that manner in my opinion. Most women anyway! It's crazy how confident this person had to be that they'd be able to not only attack her but murder her so he couldn't be identified in such a small window of time!

Exactly, women do not behave in this manner, and commit this type of crime. It’s that simple. Because 1. It was a violent crime. 85% of violent crimes are committed by men. 2. It was a heavy manual labor burglary. Females do not get involved in something like that. Because it takes a great deal of strength to bust open a door, even with tools. That’s not something that women can or want to do. If they did, there would be women construction workers everywhere. But they are not. Only 3% of construction workers are women.

Typical crimes that females commit are larceny-theft, fraud, forgery, and embezzlement. All crimes that are compatible with traditional female domestic roles. Those are the type of crimes that are in the comfort zone for women to commit. This crime fits in none of those categories. I’m 97% sure that this suspect is not a woman.

Gender and Crime - Differences Between Male And Female Offending Patterns

I would think it was someone who went and waited for MB someone who knew her and was from around the area with that being said I would think that they would quickly dispose of the suit or burn it so no evidence can be found if someone should become suspect of them. It's a slim chance probably but I hope LE goes through the local landfills surrounding counties landfills and start digging before even more time and garbage accumulates. I figure it can't hurt to look may not be a pleasant experience but worth a try at this point.

Random thoughts on the case:

If you knew you were going to be on security camera and therefore went to the trouble to disguise yourself, then why "stage" a robbery - the video will show you were staging (as it seems to do).

The perp could have arrived the night before and hung out behind the church for hours before entering. To leave the scene, (1) they could have been picked up a few blocks away (2) could they have "blended in" with arriving students after quickly stashing swat style gear in a gym bag, which they could simply carry?

So, I'd want to look at how every camper arrived and departed that morning.

We have to keep an open mind. IF it was a burglary, the perp would have had his so-called 'costume' for some time now maybe.
I can understand posters here who are leaning towards the targeting of this mother of 3. I hope she wasn't, for her children's sake.

Also, I do not think that the perp really knew this church. At one point in the video, the perp opens the half door and looks up surprised by it being a half door. However, it is possible that the perp had been in there (otherwise, how could they be so sure of the lack of alarm?) .

Thats too easy. He could have broken the glass, and left. He probably did that about 3:00. Then he could have drove back and forth on the highway looking for cops who might be responding. When he didn’t see any, he could have come back and checked the parking lot. When he didn’t see any police or security cars in the lot, he would have known that there was no alarm.

We have to keep an open mind. IF it was a burglary, the perp would have had his so-called 'costume' for some time now maybe.
I can understand posters here who are leaning towards the targeting of this mother of 3. I hope she wasn't, for her children's sake.

Just in case she was a target though, I'd be totally paranoid about the kids if I were a relative. I wouldn't be giving out their names, ages, anything. And I wouldn't give televised interviews in front of the house. I'd take the kids and leave the house for a few weeks - until I got some answers. Bottom line, I'd be terrified.

Random thoughts:
- We don't have outside video, which could/would show the perp's vehicle/plates/possible changing of outfits
- We do have inside video of perp acting strangely

So EITHER:
1) The perp is a complete moron and didn't take into account cameras and got lucky
2) The perp planned on cameras

I think #2 is more likely. If #2 is more likely, then a perp planning for cameras would take care to avoid getting his/her vehicle on tape, or doing anything incriminating in the parking lot. What does this tell us? Or, option 3) the perp planned on interior cameras but not exterior, and lucked out.

I think there's an outside chance that the perp may have first-hand or second-hand knowledge that the **outside** church cameras weren't working anymore & just assumed their entire surveillance system was broken.

I hope LE has asked the locals if anyone has had a conversation recently about the church's surveillance--even if it seemed very nonchalant!

Moo

4.) I suspect the police said it was an accident or car crash until they spoke with BB to get his reaction and see what he might ask back when told of them crime. If he heard the nature of the crime before police got to speak to him, they'd never know how he reacted initially.

Is there any evidence that the police ever said it was a car crash? I believe that was just a rumor. I haven’t read anyone claim that the police said that.

IMO...The FB post she made the night before was never a factor.

1.) The person had prior knowledge of the class bc of the tactical gear worn. On a Sunday night, they couldn't see a posting on FB and then go out and find brand new tactical gear.

2). They had prior knowledge of the broken cameras outside. They also seem to know when campers would have arrived and needed to be out by then. There's no way all that planning went down after she made a posting that night. It had to already be in the works.

3.) In our town, it's fairly common to have each other's cell phones, especially especially bc of her 3 daughters. Most in Missy's fitness class have children who are friends with their daughters. The campers probably had BB's cell more so bc of the children than the fitness class.

4.) I suspect the police said it was an accident or car crash until they spoke with BB to get his reaction and see what he might ask back when told of them crime. If he heard the nature of the crime before police got to speak to him, they'd never know how he reacted initially.

5.) I still hold close the fact that LE stated early on that they would not release the cause of death/autopsy bc it would be something only the killer might know. Only the warrant mentioned the tool. IMO... This sounds like a possible murder for hire. Two people involved, the other can only divulge key information about the crime if they knew about it.

6.) We still can't rule out that it might be a fellow business associate bc of the main searches to her truck and financials. She had recently went on a business trip to Austin with fellow trainers in this business that's very much almost like a pyramid setup. She was competing with fellow trainers on turf in a town with a select number of people. Missy was very popular and would have all the clients. I think it's fair to consider that motive especially bc the trainers would know when others might arrive and the setup of security. I'm not pointing figures, just opening up the theory that it was a financially-motivated crime.

Interesting stuff about #6 in your post. She had recently gone to Austin for business? Is that a fact? I would like to know who else attended from her town? Did she have to take out a business loan to expand her business?
I would like to know more about this business angle, please!

One of the reasons I've been so interested in this case is the use of the police/swat gear (although BB said in an interview that it wasn't in-fact legitimate gear, just cobbled-together pieces) because of the potential for this tactic to be used in terror attacks. Imagine the confusion that would occur if you can't tell the good guys from the bad.

But in this case, this guy (or girl) seems to be nowhere near that sophisticated. No self-respecting criminal wants to be filmed for over two minutes just bumbling around. Hopefully, they are as stupid as they seem to be, as aimless as their mannerisms imply - and have left a trail of crumbs the whole way.

Well now wait a minute Msskeptic-no matter how bumbling-seeming he/she was-if the goal was to kill Missy-he/she darn sure achieved it.
This is a hard case for LE.

Going out on a limb here........I really feel this was a burglary gone wrong. Going on that premise-is the perp local or not?

JUST my opinion

I agree with burglary gone wrong. Churches have a lot of cash in them on Sunday nights. The burglar seemed to know what he was doing. But who would expect a fitness trainer to suddenly show up at 4:20AM? He was probably planning to be out of there by 5:00.

I doubt that the suspect is from the local area. But he is probably from not too far away. Probably somewhere in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.

Well now wait a minute Msskeptic-no matter how bumbling-seeming he/she was-if the goal was to kill Missy-he/she darn sure achieved it.
This is a hard case for LE.

Yeah that's why it seems more likely that she was not the target. But dang, that perp on camera just appears so incompetent, old, out-of-shape and just plain out of it. So why kill someone, why not just run - I don't know.

Jealous frumpy wife. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

What if the perp was wearing all that padding and gear to protect herself? Did NOT have a gun(either too young or ineligible). Knew she was gonna hafta fight MB with weapon and was ready to do battle. This would point to not as physically fit as MB. Had an "issue" of some sort with her(prior classmate etc). In a rage, beat MB severely. So, tried to find vid feed to erase all evidence and wear gear in case couldn't find plus as protection. A two fold reason for gear if you will.

I would think it was someone who went and waited for MB someone who knew her and was from around the area with that being said I would think that they would quickly dispose of the suit or burn it so no evidence can be found if someone should become suspect of them. It's a slim chance probably but I hope LE goes through the local landfills surrounding counties landfills and start digging before even more time and garbage accumulates. I figure it can't hurt to look may not be a pleasant experience but worth a try at this point.

In my opinion there is so much land out here I don't think the perp would be stupid enough to trash it, I think it would most likely have been burned. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86