OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me state further that I am a few hours driving distance from the Texas/Mexico border. Listening to the police scanner in the city I live in the cops spoke about someone being a Tango-Blast gang member,
You cannot easily identify a potential gangland/cartel member if they ride the bus with you or shop at the same grocery store. Many of them hold legit jobs.
People think that legalizing marijuana will kill the illegal drug trade. Dream on.....

Here is the thing people don't realize about growing pot. Growing it well requires A LOT of electricity. It's not uncommon for people to get caught because the electric company alerts the police to any major, not normal spike in electricity usage during non peak hours. I agree they seem to lack the sophistication to have a successful grow spot, but we have to remind ourselves...they weren't caught. Their operation was discovered after the fact. So either they are more savvy than it appears or they had outside help. JMO

bbm True but when the power goes out there are generators for back up. :) They could have used or supplemented power with generators and farm fuel is cheaper. jmo idk

Now rears the ugly-head question about Pike area law enforcement. It has to be examined-was local and/or countywide LE aware of narcotics type of criminal activity-what are the arrest stats? I am in NO WAY suggesting LE was lax. The drug trade grows quickly and exponentially seemingly overnight.
Was the county coffer under-budgeted?

How would you feel now, as a neighbor or resident in that area-what if you had a relative hooked on something and they could not pay.
This is domestic terrorism at ground-zero level where you call home. I hope the perp(s) are found soon.

I think the local cops must be shaken to the core. This story has not really even sunken into my mind yet.
All the hallmarks of organized crime-no matter what the british rags are saying about a 3000 demolition derby car. How ridiculous. Why would the press even suggest that??? Makes the town sound redneck or whatever.
I am venting because I am scared now. I rent a room from an older woman (age 79!) who is HOOKED on Oxycontin and has Fentanyl patches, and the so-called relatives I have seen of her are all unemployed, desperate for money and I suspect sell drugs. You better believe me when I say I sleep with an open window and keep my ID in my sox.
Drug issues are local-who would think a sweet little old lady (my landlady) is hooked on drugs?
bbm

The derby car thing was suggested by a relative, not the media.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/3...alousy-over-3000-demolition-derby-car-report/

I agree, I also think those babies would have been killed by a cartel. It's local and it's someone who "knew" them. That's my thought today, probably will change in 30 minutes. LOL

I also think the sheriff picked his words deliberately when he said HE hadn't had dealings with them.

bbm

The derby car thing was suggested by a relative, not the media.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/3...alousy-over-3000-demolition-derby-car-report/

Please......the brit news led that story with a headline:

"EXCLUSIVE: Was execution style massacre of eight family members in sleepy Ohio village caused by jealousy over a $3,000 demolition derby car?"

"The massacre of eight people in a rural neighborhood may have been sparked by a feud over demolition car rivalry, it emerged today.

News of the potential motive came as authorities released the chilling 911 calls that reveal the frantic moments loved ones discovered the bodies eight family members were found shot dead in Pike County, Ohio, on Friday as police still search for one or more shooters responsible."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tyle-massacre-eight-people.html#ixzz46puailgD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tyle-massacre-eight-people.html#ixzz46p9s6Uqu

Are you sure there is a federal investigation? Has that been stated for sure somewhere? I don't remember it. I hope there is.

I am not sure if anyone has answered this yet- I am catching up.
I don't think that the FBI is ACTIVELY investigating, but several articles indicated that Hamilton County FBI is offering assistance.
Because of this, it makes me believe that we are dealing with organized crime for sure ( I keep leaning towards cartel- or hitman involved with some sort of drug trade)

The line "There's blood all over the house." also seems to support him being beaten. If it had just been a gunshot to the head you wouldn't expect there to be blood 'all over the house'. Perhaps he was the central target...and was beaten/tortured before being killed and the rest of the family taken out as payback or to send a message to the greater community. It'll be very interesting when more information is actually released about specifics at the crime scenes. There's probably a lot LE is not making public at this point that will make sense once we find out all of the crime scene details.
Very succinct first post. I have to bump this one.....

I'm in the same line of thinking as you. I don't think drug cartels either for some reason, it's almost like someone wanted it to look that way. Did someone want a piece of the pie but wasn't allowed in so want to pull a "I'll show them, all of them" also comes to mind.

I am not sure what I think anymore. At first, I most definitely thought that the cartel probably had something to do with the deaths. Just the way they were taken out alone, made me think organized crime. Now, I am leaning towards hitman/hitmen being sent by someone else to do the deed. To me, it seems like this is probably not the first time that the suspects involved have carried out a mass killing in this fashion. From the beginning, I noticed that it would have to have been calculated, carefully planned. It was not done sloppily.
Unfortunately, someone probably was involved with the wrong people and the entire family had to suffer (regardless if they were directly involved or not!)
And, to piggy back on previous posts, if two older male victims (Gary and Chris Sr., correct?) were severely beaten- well, that just shows you who the DIRECT target was.
It wasn't mentioned that any of the other victims were beaten. Or, maybe, these two victims were the only ones that were putting up a fight? Someone had mentioned that it may be possible that they KNEW that something bad was going to happen... or possibly on alert? Maybe they were waiting for the attack and weren't caught off guard or sleeping.
However, if they knew of possible grave danger, I would think they would have relayed the message to the rest of the family? Maybe, they thought that their family would not be in danger.
Just speculating!

While it *was* a mild winter in these parts.. It still was too cold for plants to be growing outside. Sure, we weren't -40 degrees like usual and had 12 feet of snow, but it was still below freezing often. Warming up and going back to freezing like it did repeatedly would certainly have killed outdoor plants.

Please......the brit news led that story with a headline:

"EXCLUSIVE: Was execution style massacre of eight family members in sleepy Ohio village caused by jealousy over a $3,000 demolition derby car?"

"The massacre of eight people in a rural neighborhood may have been sparked by a feud over demolition car rivalry, it emerged today.

News of the potential motive came as authorities released the chilling 911 calls that reveal the frantic moments loved ones discovered the bodies eight family members were found shot dead in Pike County, Ohio, on Friday as police still search for one or more shooters responsible."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tyle-massacre-eight-people.html#ixzz46puailgD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tyle-massacre-eight-people.html#ixzz46p9s6Uqu
The relative suggested it in the video interview linked in my post. The media then reported on it.

Birpu:
“We are working with federal employees and federal investigators on the case due to the drugs being shipped in the mail and possibly flights to other states."
http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html

So did I miss who was arrested here? No one? Address given as to the location of this lab? This is confusing to me. I also wonder if a silencer was used that most were in bed, asleep. I wonder if the killer is a local manufacturer and wanted all the business.

I believe this is absolutely connected to the three grow operations found. That represents a huge amount of business. Illegal drugs create big profits. This is one of those "live by the sword die, by the sword" situations. If you want to live your life in danger, get involved with growing marijuana or manufacturing other kinds of illegal drugs. Guaranteed you'll be associating with fellow unsavory types who would kill you in a heartbeat.

I have so many scenarios going through my head. Including that yes, they have mentioned the pot, but if they had a sophisticated grow operation going on multiple properties, it is possible they were into dealings with other drugs. JMO. Money is money, and once people start making it.. They start getting deeper into it. Not all, plenty of people just stick to pot, but they appear to have had quite the operation.

The line "There's blood all over the house." also seems to support him being beaten. If it had just been a gunshot to the head you wouldn't expect there to be blood 'all over the house'. Perhaps he was the central target...and was beaten/tortured before being killed and the rest of the family taken out as payback or to send a message to the greater community. It'll be very interesting when more information is actually released about specifics at the crime scenes. There's probably a lot LE is not making public at this point that will make sense once we find out all of the crime scene details.

:welcome: to Websleuths

We have no idea if this was a major "grow operation".......they may have been growing pot inside of their homes for themselves or eventual sale, but if this is anything like their other enterprises suggested, it may have earned them not massive amounts of money. JMO

We have no idea if this was a major "grow operation".......they may have been growing pot inside of their homes for themselves or eventual sale, but if this is anything like their other enterprises suggested, it may have earned them not massive amounts of money. JMO

I'll have to find one of the many articles I was reading last night. There was one that states this was a significant grow operation and was not purely for personal use.

IMO - now we know why KR and GR were there from KY. If earlier posts are correct GR and KR were popped for marijuana growing and for drug running. This is all drug related and it's starting to make sense. Look for the feds to get involved if it does connect back to Mexico. It's not sounding like a little back woods feud, someone very deliberate and methodical planned and executed. I still say the key is KR and GR - still weird to go 30 miles out of the way to kill one more...........dealers don't like they're supplies messed with or money messed with and my bet is someone screwed over the way wrong people or didn't deliver on what they said they would..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname