TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Wow this pic is phenomenal. Thanks for posting it. This perp looks like he/she has a fat face and small scared looking eyes. Very light skin and I'd say between the ages of 20-40. Def could be a female or a male with more feminine features. Is the perp wearing eyeglasses? I can't tell. Almost looks that way but very hard to tell. Police should check local eyeglass shops to see who purchased that type of frame.

What is the perps mouth covered with? And interesting how he'd go to all of the trouble to disguise himself and yet not cover his face/eyes which would be very easy to do with sunglasses or safety googles.

On closer inspection it does look like perp has on clear rectangular utility goggles.

. What is the perps mouth covered with? And interesting how he'd go to all of the trouble to disguise himself and yet not cover his face/eyes which would be very easy to do with sunglasses or safety googles.

Partial face cover could be this type of thing:

ww.walmart.com/ip/Zan-Headgear-Micro-Fleece-Face-Mask-with-Mesh-Mouth-Black/30150640?reviews_limit=10&

Or, he just pulled up a turtleneck shirt collar...

(don't know why that link didn't come up, but it's easy enough to look up)

This is very, very disturbing.

There is a video game called Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and one of the weapons is a hammer. You can find a videos on youtube of people using the hammer to kill all sorts of people

I'm starting to think we have a gaming freak on our hands.

. What is the perps mouth covered with? And interesting how he'd go to all of the trouble to disguise himself and yet not cover his face/eyes which would be very easy to do with sunglasses or safety googles.

A ninja mask from one of those old kung fu flicks that use to show on the weekends. Idk

Hello. I too am new to ws and am finding it very enlightening. I have a few thoughts/comments.

Ok, the tools being left. He (imo perp is male) may have been in shock at what he had done and just dropped them...hopefully with some dna.

Is there evidence that the video is in some kind of order? IMO the first seconds where he is grabbing the wall is AFTER the fact, which is
why he has no tools in his hands. And also it looks like he had more of a limp like maybe he is hurt..twisted ankle/knee, maybe she stomped on his foot.

In the warrant he is described as having a black long sleeve shirt on, in the video IMO it looks white at the top.

Though I do NOT AT ALL think she came in on a robbery, say she did, why wouldnt he just play it off since he had on police gear and she couldnt see his face?

I am torn whether he came up behind her or used his "costume" to get close enough to the front of her.

Lastly, this is kinda dumb with no relevance but why were there TWO 911 calls?

Landing randomly and I don't expect it to be welcome information ... You can't just take a low quality image or video and magically make it higher quality. You may be able to sharpen/zoom things a little, but to a large part what's happening is the process/app/whatever is making educated guesses about where to generate the additional pixels and such. You can't faithfully reproduce visual info that isn't there to begin with.

Sorry to be pedantic, it's just a tic whenever I see someone say they've made the picture "high quality". Unfortunately the rule of garbage in/garbage out applies.

I suppose I can't speak for everyone, but I think this is common knowledge. But just because you can't create high-quality out of grainy images, it's still worth the effort of examining everything to the best of our abilities.

It's not as if WS has the same info and same tools and LE....we know. We're a bunch of random people on a internet message board and we know that's what we are.

Still....sure looks like a chick. :)

The head could mean back of the head, front, side etc. Not just the face, even though I do not doubt that her face suffered trauma as well.I feel generous calling it a Perp now. I doubt my select words would be allowed here. [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM - I have little doubt as well.

I have been unsure of the killer's sex. Now that we know Missy was killed by puncture wounds consistent with weapons found at the scene I feel that the killer was one very extremely angry woman. JMO, a man would have used a gun, knife or strangulation. One blow from a hammer would have stunned Missy & the other wounds were just overkill.

I disagree. There have been countless pickaxe type murders committed by men. There are men who have stabbed their victims dozens and even hundreds of times in a fit of hatred or rage. I just don't think sex can be gleaned from that, in any case.

There is a video game called Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and one of the weapons is a hammer. You can find a videos on youtube of people using the hammer to kill all sorts of people

Respectfully, but I'm willing to bet mankind has been using hammers to kill each other approximately as long as there have been hammers.

(Full disclosure: I work at large video game studio. So far we've all managed to avoid going on killing sprees despite repeated exposure to things like pixel-based swords and laser guns.)

The screen caps of the video are hard to work with. The only thing that was concentrated on was the face. There was no distortions done to the face. Just changing to black and white, sharpening the image and bumping to a higher quality. Maybe someone else can make a better one. Jmo

attachment.php

ETA: if I can do this, imigine what the FBI or LE can do.

Respectfully, but I'm willing to bet mankind has been using hammers to kill each other approximately as long as there have been hammers.

(Full disclosure: I work at large video game studio. So far we've all managed to avoid going on killing sprees despite repeated exposure to things like pixel-based swords and laser guns.)

Believe me, I am not one of those people who try to link video game use to the increase in violence. But there's always one...

Not caught up yet... Question - the propane tank outside the kitchen side of the building - how large is it? Texas sized? (haha) - as big as a car? Or like a barrel size? I saw one photo and it looked fairly small, a barrel on it's side. I want to know if it provided some cover for the suspect breaking in through that particular door. On arkansasmimi/PippaPal's new improved floor plan, I see the suspect chose his two escapes (plan A/plan B) on the two sides that cannot be seen from Hwy 287, and that also lead to the creek and trees. Thank you.

Hello everyone! I am a newly converted lurker and I have been extremely impressed with everybody's insight!

I do have one question...

In reference to the the video clip we saw that a lot of us believed was taken after the murder (Walking out of that room dazed and empty handed), could the suspect have already been in there just waiting from the previous day's services? Perhaps he/she was dropped off the day prior and hid until morning? This may explain no tools upon exiting that room (they may have been hidden in that get up until he took them out when he was prying that door) and the dazed and tired like stride.

Thoughts?

Hi Sparky395 Yep I read & listened to the news report. But, I think the problem is receiving so much information and trying to get it on the air as soon as possible. Reporters (even me:blushing:) might say "near, on, about, from, in, next to, etc." thinking they mean the same thing, but they don't. The search warrant, which is a court document states "with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building." No where does it state the tools were from the church. (Not impossible, though.) I absolutely agree with you on the way it was reported in the MSM. ....but very important to NOTE that is not what is stated in the search warrant. It is on Pg 2 of 3, EVIDENTIARY SEARCH WARRANT DATED April 19, 2016 and prepared by Investigator C. Moon.
Oh well, at the end of the day, the search warrant info has been firled and signed by a judge. The news reporters can always "edit & clarify" the story later, I suppose.
Edited to add, Nobody goes through that much time and effort to steal a few tools from a church when they could have picked them up at the local swap meet for twenty bucks.IMHO

ah, yes I see what you mean. I skipped the article to read the search warrant first, then went back and read the article. The article states the hammer and other tools from the church were found near her but nothing stating that in the warrant. Lol, I just mushed it all together in my head and took it as fact!

exactly what my husband said today. He said, "a gaming freak living in his mother's basement within walking distance to the church."

Is there evidence that the video is in some kind of order? IMO the first seconds where he is grabbing the wall is AFTER the fact, which is
why he has no tools in his hands. And also it looks like he had more of a limp like maybe he is hurt..twisted ankle/knee, maybe she stomped on his foot.

According to the latest search warrant released there is no video of the perp after the crime. LE could be wrong, but this isn't something they could spread disinformation since this is a legal document that had to go before a judge and could result in evidence being challenged at any trial. All that being said, I don't rule out that LE is wrong and there is video from after the crime.

Believe me, I am not one of those people who try to link video game use to the increase in violence. But there's always one...

Well, even if I play along with the idea, his "role play" outfit suggests law-enforcement. I feel like LE in a video game, even if they were "dirty" would be using guns not hammers.

Again for full disclosure: I have NO bloody idea what to make of this case and zero theories of my own. Premeditation seems obvious, and that's about all I feel confident saying.

(And I sincerely believe that staring at blurry blown up images causes people to experience pareidolia, but that's a different tangent.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500