TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
. What is the perps mouth covered with? And interesting how he'd go to all of the trouble to disguise himself and yet not cover his face/eyes which would be very easy to do with sunglasses or safety googles.

I think his mouth is covered with a black cloth "winter mask" .They sell in Walmart for about $7.00 Snowboarders sometimes wear them.

Newbie here! I have been following this since the tragic death and like everyone trying to solve this senseless murder in my mind. The posts here are amazing, have definitely given me so much more to think about and confirmed some of my thoughts were shared by others.

I trust LE is doing everything they can (and then some) and in no way is obligated to share their findings until is something substantial. I believe they are building a case and working hard to bring this perp to justice but the wait for that is hard. With so many unknowns I keep going back to some things that have been said that stand out in my mind and I can't quit focusing on how BS and his family were so concerned about MS. Midlothian is a small town, low crime rates (or at least serious crimes to the best of my knowledge) so why so much concern? What was going on in MS life to raise so much concern? This statement is just one of the one that really bugs me.

Bevers’ mother-in-law, Marsha Tucker, told KTVT that her son was worried about his wife teaching early-morning classes.
“The morning before we knew anything had happened, he said, ‘I’ve told her, I’ve told her she’s got to be careful.’ He was just so afraid something would happen,” Tucker said. “She might have been a little too naive for her own good, but she was a trusting soul. I guess she just thought everyone was good.”

So just what was he afraid of was going to happen? Why? NOBODY would be afraid of a murder at a small town church...nobody unless they knew something.

JMO

WELCOME to the newbies who are joining Websleuths for the first time with this case.

You're truly welcomed here and you'll find it the best place to discuss cases.

The warrant reads, "Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building." Are we just assuming that was the COD even though it doesn't specifically say such?

Yes, this is the presumed COD based on what the media is reporting, which is based on the latest search warrant to be released to the public. The medical examiner would have provided the official COD in the autopsy report and LE has not released the autopsy report.

Does anyone know if the warrant verbiage is the "standard template" that we were discussing (once on a previous thread somewhere) or if the verbiage about communication *during* etc is specific to this warrant TIA!!

They have to include every possibility b/c anything they find that does not fit the language they included can not be used. They don't necessarily really believe she was exchanging financial info, or texting with the murderer. But on the odd chance they DO find texts from or to the murderer, financial info, etc., they can use that information. It's standard procedure with warrants.

In response to this question: So just what was he afraid of was going to happen? Why? NOBODY would be afraid of a murder at a small town church...nobody unless they knew something.

Hi there! Newbie myself~

I have thought about this and IMO this church is 1) A mouse trap after seeing some of these videos and 2) it is out in almost no place and it isn't illuminated all that well. I myself, even in a small town, would be very concerned going there alone in the dark.

Welcome to all of the new WS members!

:wagon:

:welcome:

exactly what my husband said today. He said, "a gaming freak living in his mother's basement within walking distance to the church."

Yes, someone with a fascination for breaking and entering. Sleeps late and stays up late. Gets anxious during thunderstorms. Acts out.

So why not set his FB settings to friends only?

B/C he wants to remain transparent as well as let people go thru his friends and family to find the perp. After all, both him and his dad said "Everybody is suspect" that would include friends and family.

Newbie here! I have been following this since the tragic death and like everyone trying to solve this senseless murder in my mind. The posts here are amazing, have definitely given me so much more to think about and confirmed some of my thoughts were shared by others.

I trust LE is doing everything they can (and then some) and in no way is obligated to share their findings until is something substantial. I believe they are building a case and working hard to bring this perp to justice but the wait for that is hard. With so many unknowns I keep going back to some things that have been said that stand out in my mind and I can't quit focusing on how BS and his family were so concerned about MS. Midlothian is a small town, low crime rates (or at least serious crimes to the best of my knowledge) so why so much concern? What was going on in MS life to raise so much concern? This statement is just one of the one that really bugs me.

Bevers’ mother-in-law, Marsha Tucker, told KTVT that her son was worried about his wife teaching early-morning classes.
“The morning before we knew anything had happened, he said, ‘I’ve told her, I’ve told her she’s got to be careful.’ He was just so afraid something would happen,” Tucker said. “She might have been a little too naive for her own good, but she was a trusting soul. I guess she just thought everyone was good.”

So just what was he afraid of was going to happen? Why? NOBODY would be afraid of a murder at a small town church...nobody unless they knew something.

JMO

In all honesty. His wife was the sole person to set up these events at 4am or so. Also the town may be safe. But highway passersbys looking to abduct women while passing through is not uncommon at all.

Some female joggers have gotten ambushed while jogging on the nicest trails in the nicest parks while being alone sun-up or sun-down.

Plus his babies was left home alone as well while she was doing these mostly womens lib fitness classes (even though plenty of males are campers as well ).

So maybe hubby thought that she felt too indestructible and he was simply telling her that stuff happens and be careful and maybe you should think things through with being the only person out there to start setting up at 4am. Jmo.

Plus since hubby was out of town. He couldn't be there to help her in 10 minutes if she did call to say something was wrong.

The most nicest and desolate towns are picked by certain predators as well. Jmo.

So I have said this threads back and I will say it again. I do not blame hubby for sounding worried for her safety.

IMPORTANT

Take a minute and read the article at this link. The article is titled, "On The Scale Of Evil, Where Do Murderers Rate?"
Then think about the profile of the killer. How does that change your ideas about our killer?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129175964

Far be it from me to bump my own post, but I just got through thoroughly reading this article and thinking about it. I know that there are many different theories about Missy's killer: the motive, age, psychological profile. Each of our theories is valid to ourselves. But this was an apparently well-planned, pre-meditated, cold-blooded murder. Missy was beaten to death in the head and chest with a hammer---not just blunt-force trauma but puncturing trauma.

I think it would help us catch the killer if we could develop a realistic profile of them. This article outlines a 22-point scale of murders. It was developed by a forensic psychologist at Columbia University.

Personally, I think the killer falls somewhere between 11 and 14 on this scale. Check it out and then test your own theory against the scale. Where does the killer rate?

MOO, y'all.

That's not what SIL said. She said one of the reasons she went over was to be sure that the eldest daughter didn't accompany Missy that day and was relieved to find her in bed.

Well, according to FB comments posted BEFORE the murder, the daughter went to 9 AM classes, not the 5 AM ones. I tend to believe that. I doubt a teenager would want to go to 5 AM classes. It wasn't a job for her...just something she did to accompany her mother.

The news report from nbc this evening states,

"....
through different parts of the church and swinging what appears to be a large hammer. Police indicated it was found near her body along with other tools from the church."

Of course he may have brought some of his own tools, perhaps needing some to actually break into the church. This report says the hammer was found near her. Why would he leave it there? And other tools too
i wonder if he knew exactly where to find them or if he found where they were kept while he nonchalantly strolled around the building.

He would leave it there because they'd now be covered in her blood. Taking them with him would mean putting them in his vehicle and getting her DNA in his vehicle. I'd leave them behind, too!

As for differences between the media reports of COD and the warrant, or whether the tools were from the church or not media versus warrant, (several posters) - it seems to me that the warrant was signed 5:56PM on April 19, 2016 (Tuesday). The LE investigation has evolved since then with more information like the actual ME report, church personnel recognizing the tools? iirc LE finished the crime scene at about 12:00 on April 18 (Monday) but then returned with the ATF dog (and warrants) on April 20 (Wednesday).

JMO

So the same morning she was killed they discussed this? THUD*

He would leave it there because they'd now be covered in her blood. Taking them with him would mean putting them in his vehicle and getting her DNA in his vehicle. I'd leave them behind, too!

But so would the police outfit, right?

JMO

My thoughts on that are - bad things can and do happen everywhere and anywhere, maybe just not as often or as predictably.

Plus correct me if I'm wrong but I believe some locals on the thread have said that while murder is a very rare thing in the town, there are some issues with drugs. Missy's husband might not have been worried about her being murdered, but that doesn't mean he wasn't worried about a drug addict taking advantage of her being alone to steal her easily offloaded belongings/cash/car or whatever.

Yes, this is the presumed COD based on what the media is reporting, which is based on the latest search warrant to be released to the public. The medical examiner would have provided the official COD in the autopsy report and LE has not released the autopsy report.

I agree. The search warrant doesn't state the cause of death but rather the type of injury's that Missy suffered. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500