OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone living in general Peebles area know if any of the more traveled or larger
roads have cameras?
what about bridges to Kentucky? Cameras?

Is there any info on size and how new and/or high tech the indoor grow was?There was a property purchased, and a new building put on it recently, did i get that right?

(CNN)Investigators found three marijuana "grow operations" at rural residences where eight family members were killed in southern Ohio, state Attorney General Mike DeWine said Sunday at a news conference.

Authorities wouldn't say publicly whether they thought the killings were drug-related, but an official with knowledge of the operation told CNN's Nick Valencia: "This operation was not for personal use; it was for something much bigger than that. It was a very sophisticated operation."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/us/marijuana-grow-operation-found-at-ohio-slaying-sites/

Thank you

Hmmm now I am really confused about all this.

I struggle to keep it all straight and still get confused.
Someone please correct me on this.
Did Young Chris unofficially move into this location vacated by Dana? A place for him and Hanna?
But then the night of Thursday/Friday morning the two of them with baby were at Danas for unknown reason?
Or did they live with Dana full time?

I honestly think we need a chart of who lived where with whom (full time) as a 'normal' place of residence.

Does anyone living in general Peebles area know if any of the more traveled or larger
roads have cameras?

I would wager they already froze that vid if its available just as they hopefully imaged cell towers and went to every mom and pop store within 20 miles to get cctv video.

I would wager they already froze that vid if its available just as they hopefully imaged cell towers and went to every mom and pop store within 20 miles to get cctv video.

You are right.
it would be good for us to know if any cameras exist in the local area.

roads have cameras?

They may have camera's at the rest stop outside of Peebles, but I haven't seen evidence of any road camera's on 32.

(CNN)Investigators found three marijuana "grow operations" at rural residences where eight family members were killed in southern Ohio, state Attorney General Mike DeWine said Sunday at a news conference.

Authorities wouldn't say publicly whether they thought the killings were drug-related, but an official with knowledge of the operation told CNN's Nick Valencia: "This operation was not for personal use; it was for something much bigger than that. It was a very sophisticated operation."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/us/marijuana-grow-operation-found-at-ohio-slaying-sites/
Thanks for this.

Previous large scale outdoor grow operations, discovered and abandoned, make me wonder.

Did those who ran abandoned fields look around for a nearby but 'remote' location to grow indoors?

This fits in with theory of Rhoden Brothers 'partnering' with the wrong group.
Getting in over their head.

When I had 8 months tdy up there, which was years ago, there were bridges at South Shore, Russell and Ashland and you could also cross at the Greenup locks..not sure if that access is still allowed for security reasons. The problem with high traffic areas like this is that every 4th car and every 3rd pickup on the road is white and in this case you do not have a defined set of crossing times. Ky to my knowledge does not use speed cameras for enforcement. So if they have video or pix, they may not have HD res.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/05/03/rhoden-matriarch-sound-heartbreak/83885804/

The Rev. Ernie Melvin summoned faith and strength and the solace of family. That is, he promised the nearly 500 people attending the Rhoden family services, what will get them through what seems an impassable mountain of sorrow.

Geneva Rhoden's son and his former wife are buried together in one plot.

Hanna is in the middle. Her older brother is on one side, her younger brother on the other.Their children are buried in individual plots side by side at the feet of their parents.

Speculation and waaaay out there, but what if someone bought a car from CRSr., and that car failed and either caused an accident or caused someone to be killed or severely injured in an accident?
I can see surviving family members being enraged enough to retaliate, especially if they knew the R's and felt betrayed by them as a result.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Where did you see it was just purchased? From what I remember it was left to Chris by his father or possibly bought off a very close family but I don't remember any recent purchases of property?

Scioto county auditor's site. DR lived across the street and down a few hundred yards, but it's in another county.

Maybe the vehicles are being towed/taken as part of LE seizing all possible assets also. This investigation no doubt will be a very costly one.

These pot head type people only have to read "high times" to know the advanced way to grow. And the Rhoden's extended family already had been busted so they had plenty of knowledge on growing pot themselves. However, they could have been growing for a particular group and had a conflict with them.

roads have cameras?

I could not find any camera's.According to Ohio DOT Districts;link below.
District 9 Chillicothe
District 9 Ohio -Serving the Counties of:
Adams, Brown, Highland, Jackson, Lawrence, Pike, Ross and Scioto
http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/d09/Pages/default.aspx

Looks to me as if this whole thing started as a visit either to KR or CRsnr to get a weekend stash. Things turned sour, the guy (maybe two) got real angry and shot and killed one or the other of KR or CJsnr. Realising that he would likely be named by the family as a suspect, the killer reckoned that he would need to eliminate everybody who could finger him as a prime suspect, as somebody who had a motive, something known to the family but kept quiet outside of that circle because it involved their drug business. My chief suspect would be somebody close to them, somebody who owed them a lot of money, somebody who knew the crime scenes well, somebody who had an addictive habit, somebody who lives alone, somebody with a narcissistic personality, somebody with a bit of a grudge and a touch of jealousy, somebody who had suggested 'taking them out' before and somebody who, in attempting to cover his tracks, inadvertently draws attention to himself ... if I were LE that is where I would focus my attention if there were no stronger leads. JMO ....

I'd have to see the actual size of his. Most 5th wheelers wouldn't be super spacious for 2 males, especially if one only lives 10-15 minutes away, but some of them aren't too bad. JMO.

Catching up, so probably been said. There's usually pullout/fold down couches and sometimes the table drops down and the seats will make another bed.

I could not find any camera's.According to Ohio DOT Districts;link below.
District 9 Chillicothe
District 9 Ohio -Serving the Counties of:
Adams, Brown, Highland, Jackson, Lawrence, Pike, Ross and Scioto
http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/d09/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks so much!
Too bad, no cameras.
With supposed Cartel and grow history of the area, this is astonishing. No cameras.
I tried to navigate this site in a few ways. Simply can not believe Southern Ohio has nothing.
Not even the Bridges.

Just thought - bridges may be considered Kentucky. I know the Brent Spence Bridge in Cincinnati is a Kentucky Bridge.

And the Cincinnati airport is actually in Kentucky! Nohing is as it seems!

Question! Does anyone else find it odd that Hanna Gilley and Frankie weren't buried together? They were engaged and had a child together. Separate burials and separate funerals????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard