Bosma Murder Trial 05.12.16 - Day 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's already been mentioned but IF he actually did bury the gun in the woods with a garden spade (because, that's something young drug dealers crashing at their GF's sister's apartment usually have on them), :thinking: it's most likely somewhere along Sixteen Mile Creek.

Or in Sixteen Mile Creek??

And "I f*ucked up" is in reference to going on the test drive? Really? That is ridiculous.

At first blush, yeah, it's not that believable. I'm sure he'd at least be able to tell them at what general point he rode into the forest. But depending on the trail network wherever he was he could have just rode hither and thither deep into it and not really be sure where he ended up. And then there is stress and copious weed, both which can impair memory, and both which were present in his life at the time. The reason I lean towards trying to find reasons that this could be true is that I can't really find any advantage to him to have this gun be disappeared. Unless he's a true screwball and wants the option to retrieve it in the (perhaps very far) future, it would have been to his advantage in both credibility and perceived remorse to have it appear in court.

As a few posters said a little further up, did DM have this gun prior to TB's murder? Possibly was used in another murder? LB perhaps?
Maybe MS is more responsible then he says. His prints are likely on it. If it's gone, there's no proof of this though. Lots of reasons why the gun should disappear IMO

Exactly! I don't believe he rode around the neighbourhood on his bike, garden trowel and 'hot' gun in hand, and just randomly chose a spot. He would have already decided on a 'good' place ahead of time. Too much BS.

A good place where he could recover the gun from should he ever be able to find that elusive buyer?

Personally, I don't think the gun is in the Oakville forest.

MOO

I think MS may have taken the gun with him to his sister's wedding and buried it somewhere around that area because by that time with the media having contacted his sister (not sure which one) MS likely knew or at least suspected that he was being watched by LE and he counted on them not bothering him during the wedding celebration, IMO.

I don't think MS would have taken that gun by himself, alone at night into a wooded area to bury it, IMO. Another possibility is that he was successful in selling it and won't of course admit it and say to whom, IMO.

All MOO.

All is needed is the general area. Metal detector and some searching would most likely turn it up.

MOO

Agreed. I've found him very credible up until this point, but I don't believe he doesn't know where he buried that gun. He would have looked carefully for a spot and he found his way back from there, so did the route twice. He would know approximate distance, direction, area ... at the very least.

Is there any chance that legal arguments relate to introducing the gun as evidence? Perhaps it has been found? I might have jumped into the deep end of wishful thinking here!

That would be a major major hassle. they can't just bring it to court, even to just extract and transport it they'd need to call the firearms office to get an ATT (authorization to transport). And I can imagine how that conversation would go.
- Hello. I need a one time ATT to get that unregistered prohibited firearm that may have been used to kill somebody.
- Hm... Let me see what I can do for you. What's your name?
- Beep-beep-beep-beep
- Hello, you still there?

There is no way cops wouldn't know about it.

A good place where he could recover the gun from should he ever be able to find that elusive buyer?

MOO

And realistically, if you're looking for money for a lawyer, isn't SOME money better then NO money?
Just thinking outloud, so let's not take SOME money for the gun and bury it instead. Now he has no money, and a murder weapon.
Ummmm. Doesn't add up for me. Desperate people will do desperate things, including selling a gun for well under what it's worth to get money
and to actually ditch the thing.
I tend to agree, not certain it's buried anywhere .. JMO

And "I f*ucked up" is in reference to going on the test drive? Really? That is ridiculous.

I think you do have to look at in context. He said this to his girlfriend who had told him not to go and not to do this. I don't think he is saying that it was just the test drive. He has admitted to having plans to scope out the truck and to steal it. But she had a sense that it was not a good idea, told him not to go and he said to her, "I *advertiser censored**ked up."
I am not saying that I necessarily believe him but in context, it's not that unreasonable. IMO

I was always so curious about the gun and the response from MS today will make cross even more interesting IMO. He walks, bikes, skateboards...he knows the general area of where the gun might be IMO. It's way too convenient that he suddenly doesn't know. If only he just owned up and came to LE. Even the testimony of his sister telling him to get rid of everything was another sad mistake.

As a few posters said a little further up, did DM have this gun prior to TB's murder? Possibly was used in another murder? LB perhaps?
Maybe MS is more responsible then he says. His prints are likely on it. If it's gone, there's no proof of this though. Lots of reasons why the gun should disappear IMO

Yes...linked with another serious crime is a real possibility. I don't think prints are relevant because those were controllable and he implicitly acknowledged handling the gun anyway. Prints would either be not present or explainable. Another possibility is that he actually did end up moving the gun through a buyer and is protecting that person through fear of repercussions or some kind of gansta honour.

I have a hard time believing he has NO idea where he buried the gun......and wasn't he under surveillance at the time? Not sure that was a strong close for TD.....MOO

I believe surveillance started on May 14th. If I remember correctly, weed and box delivered on the 11th. So MS had the gun for a couple days before surveillance started.

And realistically, if you're looking for money for a lawyer, isn't SOME money better then NO money?
Just thinking outloud, so let's not take SOME money for the gun and bury it instead. Now he has no money, and a murder weapon.
Ummmm. Doesn't add up for me. Desperate people will do desperate things, including selling a gun for well under what it's worth to get money
and to actually ditch the thing.
I tend to agree, not certain it's buried anywhere .. JMO

$100 isn't going to get you inside most lawyer's offices......just saying.....can't see much point in selling something worth $1000 (was this the price?) for peanuts that wouldn't get him any further ahead......I'm back on the fence about MS's truthfulness (totally believe he's lying about the gun...but I can see why he didn't sell it for $100. MOO

MOO

I still say when he was offered a few hundred for it, he took it. Smich doesn't seem like the type to bury money.

All is needed is the general area. Metal detector and some searching would most likely turn it up.

MOO

If I was tasked with finding it, I'd look in the 16 mile creek ravine. Here is the map. I doubt he'd be riding too far away. A young male in a gangsta clown outfit riding a BMX bike gives cops an immediate feeling of satisfaction. May not even need a metal detector, look for a depression. Although, time conceals things fast.

The holes in his story are intentional, IMO. Enough to cause doubt on a potential murder 1 conviction. He will definitely be pulled to pieces under cross. I still maintain that DM was the shooter and mastermind (I use that term loosely) but MS was just as complicit since he did nothing but go along with DM.

I think MS may have taken the gun with him to his sister's wedding and buried it somewhere around that area because by that time with the media having contacted his sister (not sure which one) MS likely knew or at least suspected that he was being watched by LE and he counted on them not bothering him during the wedding celebration, IMO.

I don't think MS would have taken that gun by himself, alone at night into a wooded area to bury it, IMO. Another possibility is that he was successful in selling it and won't of course admit it and say to whom, IMO.

All MOO.

I don't know if we have heard that he was under 24 hour surveillance. And he wouldn't have known that he was under surveillance. I can see it being believable that he might have gone, late at night, high and buried the gun. I also wonder if he told anyone where it was who might have gone to get it later. jmo

And speaking of paying for a lawyer, who's paying for Smich's? His poor mom? Another life ruined by DM.

Not surprisingly, Dungey is very careful with his questioning following the murder, and MS is quite vague in his answers. No idea where the gun is? Really? Talk about full of ****. I am surprised Dungey even asked the question, knowing the answer. It just makes Smich seem like a liar, IMO.

On another note, if, as MS says, they were only scoping out a truck and would steal in later, one would assume they were also just "scoping" when the went out with Igor, in broad daylight, the day before. Why then, as Igor testified, did DM turn to MS following the Israeli army comment, and "you don't want to know what I did." If they were only scoping out the truck, why would he do that, as if to say "No way we are doing this?" Why not just finish the test drive, and agree later that it wasn't a truck they wanted?

Was it because they were planning to overpower Igor and when that comment was made, DM and MS decided that wasn't such a good idea because they were going to get their asses whipped? Why would DM have to turn around at all?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member