Bosma Murder Trial 05.12.16 - Day 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the media calling his sister was a good indication to MS that LE likely had him under surveillance, after all why would media know about him and not LE?

All MOO.

Perhaps. I don't know that one news source calling the house would necessarily make him think he was under surveillance. A media source found out they were friends and were calling to get a scoop on DM, would be my main thought. I think that he might have thought if LE was on to him they would have approached and questioned him by that point and we have not heard that police tried to get him to give a statement as they did with other witnesses. I don't think he and MM acted as two people who really believed they were under actual surveillance. jmo

In order for MS to get a lesser charge, the jury is going to have to believe

- the murder was not part of the plan
- MS knew nothing about the gun being on the test drive
- MS did not participate in confining TB
- DM pulled the trigger, acting alone

I think it is a stretch to believe all of these.

I am not saying that he doesn't know or that he is believable overall. I was just responding to the post regarding the statement that it was a mistake to testify about his sister and their conversation. He confirmed previous testimony which makes his story more believable than if he hadn't mentioned it.

I didn't mean it was a mistake to testify. I'm saying it was another mistake as in more bad advice given to these 2 idiots - which seems to be another theme in this trial. Just like the advice CN was given. Another stupid mistake.

He corrected Dungey on the "guns" to "drugs" mistake. So he is paying attention to questions. I think Pillay will try and trip him up, but MS will be fine. I guess we'll find out Monday.

Does anyone know who crosses first? Crown or defense?

DM's defense will cross first.

I didn't mean it was a mistake to testify. I'm saying it was another mistake as in more bad advice given to these 2 idiots - which seems to be another theme in this trial. Just like the advice CN was given. Another stupid mistake.

Got it. My apologies. "the testimony of his sister telling him to get rid of everything was another sad mistake." I read to mean the testimony was the mistake, not the actions of his sister.

He corrected Dungey on the "guns" to "drugs" mistake. So he is paying attention to questions. I think Pillay will try and trip him up, but MS will be fine. I guess we'll find out Monday.

Does anyone know who crosses first? Crown or defense?

I've read that defense will cross and then the Crown. I'm surprised TD made that mistake....interesting that MS caught it....doubt it was a planned thing....something is making me think TD was off his game today.....the mic drop moment with CN (the you deserve each other thing) and even yesterday pointing out that TB meant everything to HIS family when MS claimed he didn't go to the police because he wanted to go to his sister's wedding and his family meant everything to them....he was almost antagonistic with MS.....at least pointing out what the rest of us were thinking.... today's testimony did MS no favours and IMO was not a strong closing by TD,....something seems off....

At first blush, yeah, it's not that believable. I'm sure he'd at least be able to tell them at what general point he rode into the forest. But depending on the trail network wherever he was he could have just rode hither and thither deep into it and not really be sure where he ended up. And then there is stress and copious weed, both which can impair memory, and both which were present in his life at the time. The reason I lean towards trying to find reasons that this could be true is that I can't really find any advantage to him to have this gun be disappeared. Unless he's a true screwball and wants the option to retrieve it in the (perhaps very far) future, it would have been to his advantage in both credibility and perceived remorse to have it appear in court.

It would be to his advantage to hide the gun if he was the one who used the gun to shoot Tim. He could never be sure he got all his prints off, all traces of DNA from having sweaty palms, or that he didn't leave a skin cell on it. If the gun was found, MWJ could conclusively say which gun he sold to adman and which he sold to MS. Those are good reasons why he wouldn't want the gun found.

If, on the other hand, he was telling the truth that it was DM's gun and that he was the shooter, he would actually have those same good reasons to allow the gun to be found. Add to that the fact that the goodwill involved in taking LE to the gun would probably make him look better, or at least more believable, I agree on that. If he is telling the truth, there is no reason for him not to lead LE to the gun. To me it's just another hole in his story.

Funny, CN and MS have now both proclaimed they acted on 'bad advice'. Refusing to accept responsibility much??

$100 isn't going to get you inside most lawyer's offices......just saying.....can't see much point in selling something worth $1000 (was this the price?) for peanuts that wouldn't get him any further ahead......I'm back on the fence about MS's truthfulness (totally believe he's lying about the gun...but I can see why he didn't sell it for $100. MOO

I don't feel the same. If it was me, any money is better then no money if you're going to bury it anyways. IIRC he was offered $1000 and wanted $2000?
Now he has a murder weapon to dispose of. I would rather just take the $1000 and figure out the rest from there. At least that is one worry gone.
And the actual dollars really only matter if you believe he was using the cash to "lawyer up"

ETA - $1000 is enough money for a plane ticket to Calgary

I don't believe anything that comes out of MS's mouth where the gun is concerned. You want me to believe you and think you are doing the right thing? Well, tell me where the gun is. He's lying.

Can't wait for cross. It should be quite the day. I think he's going to get shredded. BTW, I don't believe for a second that he was scared and afraid. After all, he had his boyz that apparently had DM all worried.

Not buying what he's selling.

I don't feel the same. If it was me, any money is better then no money if you're going to bury it anyways. IIRC he was offered $1000 and wanted $2000?
Now he has a murder weapon to dispose of. I would rather just take the $1000 and figure out the rest from there. At least that is one worry gone.
And the actual dollars really only matter if you believe he was using the cash to "lawyer up"

ETA - $1000 is enough money for a plane ticket to Calgary

the buyer brought $100 with him. Refer to BD's testimony. You are not flying anywhere out of Pearson for $100......

The communication between DM and MWJ that was presented in this case related to a gun purchase that took place in February 2012. However, the charges against all three Matthews, which is allegedly linked to the gun used in the murder of WM, is reported to stem from a gun sale that took place between June 1 and July 30, 2012. IMO, this confirms that DM did, indeed, own more than one gun, AND that he did own the Walther at the time of LB's death. MWJ faces firearm trafficking offences from February and September 2012, in addition to the charges related to the June/July offence.

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-s...rges-eliminate-hope-of-finding-babcock-alive/

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...e_she_was_reported_missing_police_allege.html
Good sleuthing ! I'm happy to see that those guys are up on charges for their involvement. I did not know this.

And realistically, if you're looking for money for a lawyer, isn't SOME money better then NO money?
Just thinking outloud, so let's not take SOME money for the gun and bury it instead. Now he has no money, and a murder weapon.
Ummmm. Doesn't add up for me. Desperate people will do desperate things, including selling a gun for well under what it's worth to get money
and to actually ditch the thing.
I tend to agree, not certain it's buried anywhere .. JMO

I agree. And wouldn't it have been easier just to sell the weed? I would like to think there are a lot more buyers for that than a gun. Even at severely discounted prices, that backpack of weed had to be worth some money.

the buyer brought $100 with him. Refer to BD's testimony. You are not flying anywhere out of Pearson for $100......

MM also testified that she was telling him that it was stupid and wrong to sell the gun to someone when it had been used in a murder and had told him not to do it. This was not all being planned and thought out well but driven by urgency and panic. $100 is likely not worth the risk of that gun being out somewhere with his prints on it tied to a murder that he was part of at least covering up. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53