OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have believed this from the start. Most tags are KY, which I have read somewhere that KR & GR have strong ties. IMO the 911 call KR made from South shore shows they already had some beef brewing with someone, I do not believe that he was actually "fearful of his life" he sounded very calm & almost a happy manor. IMO he knew that if you report fearful of you life, that police would be there in mins to pull the car over. Kinda like a "I'll show you". Maybe he knew that person most likely had something illegal on him.
Another thing that leads me to believe they knew something was brewing was during the 1st interview with LM when they ask him if DR had reason to fear her life, he was shaking his head in aggravation & just said I can't say no more so I think they have a clue.

But as far as all the cars, I think they are gonna take them all anyway due to profit of illegal acts so why not go ahead get them in case the sellers/Associates/partners are involved in the murders or like someone on here said they came up on another case involving the cars. And since the family is probating land LE maybe obligated to take what they plan to get anyway.

This is just my theory, I have been following since day 1 and it's been interesting & horrifically sad. Couldn't imagine & I hope they nail everyone involved to the wall!

You make some good points, rsd1200. But I doubt the Rhodens were acting as informants. If they were, LE would've known from the beginning who had a great big motive to kill the Rhodens execution-style. I doubt LE would've been fumbling in the dark, as they seemed to be doing early on (and still seem to be doing, as far as we know).

ETA: Where did rsd1200's post go?

Not necessarily. Where's the witnesses? B/c even if they knew something about who they were wanting the Rhoden's to narc on, there could very well be someone that the LE knew absolutely nothing about, yet the assailant(s) knew that it was getting too hot for them and they were about to be outed. Pure speculation on my part. But, now there are zero witnesses even if the LE had someone in mind for motive. You can't just arrest someone w/o evidence, so, it would take much longer to comb through carpet fibers, auto tread tracks, possibly hairs that transferred during a struggle, any dna findings, etc... And if this person had never been in arrested and had a dna swipe, then dna may do no good until years down the road.

I'm sure this really took the focus off a big case in the county Joel Jenkins' pre trial date that same day, April 22nd, not saying this is connected, but it's still interesting. It's a small community. On Chris Jr's fb page there's a video with witnesses at the scene where unarmed Rooker was shot by Jenkins while still in his truck. Sheriff Henderson's brother was also shooting at Rooker, but the Sheriff said it was only the bullets of Jenkins that hit Rooker.

Witnesses were saying in the video that the deputies were picking up the shell casings. There's only 13 deputies in the Dept maybe they were unaware of crimescene policies? I don't know if there's any significance of CRjr having that video on his page, but it seems out of place. I wonder if the family knew Jenkins or Rooker.

Anyway Jenkins was only charged with the murder of Rooker in March 2015, after he shot his neighbor Jason Brady in the head December 2015, and it was taken out of the hands of the county, because according to PA Junk, one of the two guns he lent Jenkins was used. I believe it wasn't just because of that, but because Jenkins was a specially trained officer in the state, a member of Ohio's Strategic Response Team. They have stated Jenkins was drunk ofcourse, so that might get him less time, or I'm sure his lawyers will come up with something. I noticed on Brady's friends list he has many Hendersons and Readers on his list, along with Sheriff Reader and his officer brother. It's a small community, so I'm sure many people know one another.

http://nbc4i.com/2015/12/10/pike-co...tigated-for-march-shooting-death-of-a-driver/
December 10, 2015
Joel Jenkins, 31, was a K-9 officer for Pike County and a member of the state Strategic Response Team. A special grand jury being handled by the Ohio Attorney General’s Office met Thursday to hear testimony about at least one of two deaths Jenkins was allegedly involved in.

The most recent was last week, when investigators say Jenkins was off duty, intoxicated and showing a personal handgun to his neighbor Jason Brady, 40. The gun fired, hitting Brady in the head and killing him. Jenkins has been charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter, one count of reckless homicide, and one count of tampering with evidence.

Ohio's SRT are specially trained, here's some photos of them, they're trained like the military...
http://www.10tv.com/content/slideshows/2012/02/27/slideshow-ohio-strategic-response-team.html

Originally Posted by evelezrn*

As to potential scenario #1 in my post..... If legislation passed to legalize a certain substance, WHO would produce it? WHERE would it be physically cultivated? How would compensation and profit be arranged? What if there were people who kinda knew "in advance" and had time to make long-term plans to produce and profit from something which is currently not legal but very likely come legal?

Originally Posted by evelezrn*

The most recently voted down proposal featured very limited production. I believe that there were as few a 8 approved (possibly even named in the legislation) producers.

Authorities released the property back to the families late Monday, said Dan Tierney, spokesman for the Ohio Attorney General’s office.

“We are talking about the real property. The property remains private property," he said.
"Many of the sites and surrounding property appear to have been held in a trust called Christopher Rhoden et al, according to property records."

What does that mean real property? Just the land?

I found that too.
Waddell also has a medical facility called "Southern Ohio Medical, Inc" registered in his name. It's on St RT 124 in Latham which is odd because Southern Ohio Medical Center is a hospital in Scioto county. Weird.

I wonder if any of these health LLCs were associated with docs who lost their licenses based on their prescribing patterns? Seems as though these places (pill mills), when operating, may have only seen "patients" one day a week--shuttling them in and out pretty quickly. Once their docs were gone and safeguards in place (tracking Rx of various pain meds) to prevent moving a new doc in, perhaps the LLC just continued?

Authorities released the property back to the families late Monday, said Dan Tierney, spokesman for the Ohio Attorney General’s office.

“We are talking about the real property. The property remains private property," he said.
"Many of the sites and surrounding property appear to have been held in a trust called Christopher Rhoden et al, according to property records."

What does that mean real property? Just the land?

real prop·er·ty
noun LAW

fixed property, principally land and buildings.

So, I'm kind of just jumping in blindly here, as I don't have time to catch up on the last two weeks of discussion.
I have been keeping up with news stories as much as possible, though.
I see there is still mention of IJ going on. At this point, it just doesn't click for me. If IJ or someone associated with him had anything to do with this, why would Kenneth also be targeted? Sure, he's a Rhoden, but there are other Rhodens close by, too. Rhodens who were closer in age to CRjr. Why would they not have been targeted?

Also, I just noticed that the person whose posts show up when you search facebook for Gary Rhoden, because she has tagged him in numerous public posts identifying him as her husband, has changed her name.
I won't sleuth her, but that's interesting to me.

So, I'm kind of just jumping in blindly here, as I don't have time to catch up on the last two weeks of discussion.
I have been keeping up with news stories as much as possible, though.
I see there is still mention of IJ going on. At this point, it just doesn't click for me. If IJ or someone associated with him had anything to do with this, why would Kenneth also be targeted? Sure, he's a Rhoden, but there are other Rhodens close by, too. Rhodens who were closer in age to CRjr. Why would they not have been targeted?
I think KR helped whether by choice or coercion. He was taken out last when he was no longer needed. I think Im alone in this theory. Welcome back!!!

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Even considering some do not kill etc.....this person or persons actually waited for a child to be born, I'm not sure if I've ever heard of a murderer being patient enough to wait for someone to give birth.

I am not in the "they waited for the baby to be born" camp. I really just think that is a coincidence. Now, they may have waited for Hannah to get out of the hospital or just knew she was out, so they could eliminate all of the adults. But, let's just give some thought to them waiting until the baby was born, if they did? Why wait? Well, if they did it before the baby was born, then Hannah would have been very pregnant with a full term baby. If they killed a pregnant lady, they in essence more than likely would also kill her baby, since there would be no telling how soon someone could get to the baby in the womb. So, once again....they did not want to kill the children, in the womb or out of the womb. Make sense? That is the ONLY reason I can think they would wait until the baby was born.

I'm sure this really took the focus off a big case in the county Joel Jenkins' pre trial date that same day, April 22nd, not saying this is connected, but it's still interesting. It's a small community. On Chris Jr's fb page there's a video with witnesses at the scene where unarmed Rooker was shot by Jenkins while still in his truck. Sheriff Henderson's brother was also shooting at Rooker, but the Sheriff said it was only the bullets of Jenkins that hit Rooker.

Witnesses were saying in the video that the deputies were picking up the shell casings. There's only 13 deputies in the Dept maybe they were unaware of crimescene policies? I don't know if there's any significance of CRjr having that video on his page, but it seems out of place. I wonder if the family knew Jenkins or Rooker.

Anyway Jenkins was only charged with the murder of Rooker in March 2015, after he shot his neighbor Jason Brady in the head December 2015, and it was taken out of the hands of the county, because according to PA Junk, one of the two guns he lent Jenkins was used. I believe it wasn't just because of that, but because Jenkins was a specially trained officer in the state, a member of Ohio's Strategic Response Team. They have stated Jenkins was drunk ofcourse, so that might get him less time, or I'm sure his lawyers will come up with something. I noticed on Brady's friends list he has many Hendersons and Readers on his list, along with Sheriff Reader and his officer brother. It's a small community, so I'm sure many people know one another.

http://nbc4i.com/2015/12/10/pike-co...tigated-for-march-shooting-death-of-a-driver/
December 10, 2015
Joel Jenkins, 31, was a K-9 officer for Pike County and a member of the state Strategic Response Team. A special grand jury being handled by the Ohio Attorney General’s Office met Thursday to hear testimony about at least one of two deaths Jenkins was allegedly involved in.

The most recent was last week, when investigators say Jenkins was off duty, intoxicated and showing a personal handgun to his neighbor Jason Brady, 40. The gun fired, hitting Brady in the head and killing him. Jenkins has been charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter, one count of reckless homicide, and one count of tampering with evidence.

Ohio's SRT are specially trained, here's some photos of them, they're trained like the military...
http://www.10tv.com/content/slideshows/2012/02/27/slideshow-ohio-strategic-response-team.html

Interesting quote from the Fayette County, Ohio dept. that JJ worked for prior to arriving at Piketon; “He was one of those that was just not the right fit. There were incidents that occurred, inconsistencies in his performance and his performance didn’t rise to the level of satisfaction on our part,” said Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth.

What better way to murder a family when you have 2 other people threatening to kill all of them. Thinking you will get away with it.

Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. Where's the witnesses? B/c even if they knew something about who they were wanting the Rhoden's to narc on, there could very well be someone that the LE knew absolutely nothing about, yet the assailant(s) knew that it was getting too hot for them and they were about to be outed. Pure speculation on my part. But, now there are zero witnesses even if the LE had someone in mind for motive. You can't just arrest someone w/o evidence, so, it would take much longer to comb through carpet fibers, auto tread tracks, possibly hairs that transferred during a struggle, any dna findings, etc... And if this person had never been in arrested and had a dna swipe, then dna may do no good until years down the road.
Still not buying it. Surely, LE would have received some reliable information from the informant(s) -- enough that the killer(s) were convinced they had to kill eight people in cold blood. I doubt LE would've made a deal with the Rhodens without having some solid information about the people the Rhodens were dealing with. LE's actions the last three weeks do not lead me to believe they're zeroing in on a motive or suspect. I could be wrong, of course. But the informant angle seems far-fetched to me.

If they killed a pregnant lady, they in essence more than likely would also kill her baby, since there would be no telling how soon someone could get to the baby in the womb. So, once again....they did not want to kill the children, in the womb or out of the womb. Make sense? That is the ONLY reason I can think they would wait until the baby was born.

If they waited for Hannah to have the baby for some sort of pro-life reasons, well.... that's pretty damn ironic.

Interesting quote from the Fayette County, Ohio dept. that JJ worked for prior to arriving at Piketon; “He was one of those that was just not the right fit. There were incidents that occurred, inconsistencies in his performance and his performance didn’t rise to the level of satisfaction on our part,” said Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth.

Is it unusual for a specially trained officer charged with two murders and tampering with evidence to be out on bond? I thought Florida was easy on criminals, but that just takes the cake, because there's a number of no bonds in Pike County for drugs. I guess Ohio feels drug dealers are worse than murderers being this is out of the county's hands and being handled by the AG's office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675