TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone finds out what station might be carrying the press conference live please let us know.
What news conference?+Never mind.. just read the Midlothian Police are having a 10am press conference.

No, the SW's were not about CG business. They were about intimate relationships. MB & AT weren't talking about someones relationship. They were talking about their intimate relationship.

Where in the search warrant does it state that LE knows what they were all talking about?

Also DQ and Glammie...
What is the word on the street regarding the health fair benefit for MB by CTDC? Also posted by VB. A "portion" of the proceeds go to her 3 girls.

I have been so busy with work, somehow I missed that. My question is who gets the other portion?

:great: Listening to Tricia program...Just what I have said all along... at the Texas Law about releasing the Search Warrants!!! starting at 26:00 mark
"as soon as a SW is executed/returned it becomes public record" *(unless it is sealed per Statute)

1 correction about the SW's Tricia said we redact the numbers, the numbers were redacted by the Court. Names on Scribd copy found the names are not, some media redacted the names.

The guest stated
SW showed both were having affairs, which they did.
Obvious conflict in marriage (true will post from review of April 19 in moment)

Stated BB detail of SWAT out fit on Tues "not tactical gear, motorcycle helmet, velour jacket, sweat pants back and reviewing BB interview.. BB had " from the police a continuous loop of same video that yall have looked at" This would be the 7 sec of video. [/B] he describes it various ways kinda rambles as if not sure

Stated that this is a Murder Investigation and that the SW that were released had a lot of detail in them for that they were working through at the time eliminating suspects. No records have been released since those. In a Murder Investigation, information needed for probable cause for search warrant are deceased and trauma.

He doesn't believe there is video of the murder... that it was by design and that the Suspect was familiar with the church.

MB personal background is relevant if that is what brought this murder on. Guest believes it was personal. That MB was targeted for a reason.

Believes there is 1 piece of info that will tie everything together.
JMHO from listening to podcast.

Where in the search warrant does it state that LE knows what they were all talking about?

Referring to messages found on MB's phone:
"a portion of these messages (as well as deleted messages) recovered indicate & CONFIRM statements and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle AS WELL AS INTIMATE/PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP(S) TO THE MARRIAGE WITH IDENTIFIED "TARGET NUMBERS".

So, if the motorcycle helmet had blue tooth technology and Missy's phone was blue tooth enabled, would the two devices connect? Is this what the wording in the search warrant means when it says Missy's phone may have connected with the perps device? tia

Good point.

I don't know what she brought out of her truck - if anything - but I believe that their speakers are blue tooth. If she turned it on to sync with her phone and perp had their Bluetooth device (helmet) then maybe her phone attempted to connect with that instead of her speaker.

All JMO

:great: Listening to Tricia program...Just what I have said all along... at the Texas Law about releasing the Search Warrants!!! starting at 26:00 mark
"as soon as a SW is executed/returned it becomes public record" *(unless it is sealed per Statute)

1 correction about the SW's Tricia said we redact the numbers, the numbers were redacted by the Court. Names on Scribd copy found the names are not, some media redacted the names.

The guest stated
SW showed both were having affairs, which they did.
Obvious conflict in marriage (true will post from review of April 19 in moment)

Stated BB detail of SWAT out fit on Tues "not tactical gear, motorcycle helmet, velour jacket, sweat pants back and reviewing BB interview.. BB had " from the police a continuous loop of same video that yall have looked at" This would be the 7 sec of video. [/B] he describes it various ways kinda rambles as if not sure

Stated that this is a Murder Investigation and that the SW that were released had a lot of detail in them for that they were working through at the time eliminating suspects. No records have been released since those. In a Murder Investigation, information needed for probable cause for search warrant are deceased and trauma.

He doesn't believe there is video of the murder... that it was by design and that the Suspect was familiar with the church.

MB personal background is relevant if that is what brought this murder on. Guest believes it was personal. That MB was targeted for a reason.

Believes there is 1 piece of info that will tie everything together.
JMHO from listening to podcast.

Where in the SW's does it say both were having affairs? tia

I haven't caught up yet so it may have already been posted but MPD is holding a press conference at 10AM central.

I haven't caught up yet so it may have already been posted but MPD is holding a press conference at 10AM central.

I hope, pretty please, that someone will provide a summary. Thank you in advance!

I sure hope we hear something substantial & not just more run-around.

I know this is unlikely, but I would love it if LE announced today that someone turned themselves in. It might happen if LE called a POI in for an interview(s) and said we have x, y, and z evidence against you. You can turn yourself in (do it the easy way) or we can get an arrest warrant. I know it is super-unlikely, but I think it is a possibility if the perp has been stressed and then LE lays it out for him or her in that way. But probably not going to happen. I'm rambling... I hope at a minimum we get some information today that can help us come up with a narrowed focus on either circumstances or POIs.

For those that believe that BB just learned of the that MB was having an affair.. Especially those who think this from his press conf on Tues..April 19. I encourage you to go back and listen again. And listen to the interview with Richard Ray on Monday afternoon where he states had just gotten home 15 min prior

From the Monday April 18th
Stated got home 15 min prior, so this was about 315ish (April 27th stated got home at 3pm)

"Heard about first this morning, received a call from a couple of Missy's campers"

BB stated that "had only spoken to LEO by phone, had no detailed information, no specific details, bits and pieces, about as much as you know about right now"

Tues April 19th
abt the 6 min mark:
"I have some personal issues that have to deal with with my children"
Found CG when time allowed to do things for herself.
Decided to do something for Missy
She was a companion, we enjoyed fishing, going to beach, definitely going to beach a lot of time at the ocean
Been together 20 years. "evolved this to that this to that.. managed to keep it held together all this time"
But at this opened up opportunity to do something for self other than constantly drive kids around. Gratify to self

Said he "personally was not involved in a lot that she does" has caught campers remarks on her fb how she has helped them transform

He has had health problems past 6 months.
"we communicated & tested everyday" "she put quite abit of time and energy into her work"
"my immediate family are here taking care of kids"
"everyday last 10 mo text me at work telling me she loved me"

At 15:57 mark
I finally arrived in Bulouxi at 730 pm, later than was suppose to. Spoke to her about 8:00.. about 8 said good night
Called her 9:00-9-30 she was still asleep/sleepy tell her love her.

On this date, The LEO had just gotten the SW for MB iPhone & iPad. BB had only seen the 7sec video in loop, same video that MPD released.

They did not extract it until next day, April 20. April 21 ATT Tower Dump SW, April 22 the whole Dry Cleaner ordeal.. April 23 Funeral..

All this time they are pouring over tips and interviews. Between the 20th and the 25 at 325pm when ATT Warrant they had extracted BB iPhones, found out about the "creepy message" rumors, knew whose numbers & texts on MB phone.. Morning of 25th allegedly (I do believe due to timing of things) gotten AT trash. 26th Did the Emerg Data Preservation of CW & MB Linkedin.. By time of the 27th warrant for CW LinkedIn, they had extracted his cell phone.

There many reasons why these people are on the SW list if you look at all the things we know now, in time line.

April 27th, day the SW Dry Cleaner released, MPD posted on their FB at 1240, NO ARREST, little prior to 3 AT posted he was awaiting kids to get out of school and doing things around house with CT, if heard otherwise dont believe, that evening BB & RB have press conf. We hear BB state at THAT time, he now believed she was targeted. JMHO it because of what he says and cuts self off. By that time he most likely had seen more of the video.

Lots of leads, tips, rumors, stuff found in MB iPhone, iPad, BB phones, all this was being investigated.

Referring to messages found on MB's phone:
"a portion of these messages (as well as deleted messages) recovered indicate & CONFIRM statements and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle AS WELL AS INTIMATE/PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP(S) TO THE MARRIAGE WITH IDENTIFIED "TARGET NUMBERS".

Where in here does it say BB was not having an affair? I dare say it leaves it pretty open for that possibility.

New to Websleuths, first time poster. Hi everyone! I've been reading along for a few weeks. I'm on maternity leave and this has been a welcome, albeit disturbing and at times painful, distraction from the monotony of caring for a newborn.

I'm on board with the theory that this murder was a contract killing, and I believe the hit man was probably hired by her husband. Here's why:

1. Motive. We've learned now that MB and/or BB were involved in extramarital affairs. There were also financial concerns. Even if only MB was having an affair, or only BB was having an affair (since the SW is not, IMO, clear on this), that's enough motive. As far as the financial motive goes, I think it's safe to assume there was a life insurance policy at play, even if it wasn't a huge amount of money. I just don't think anybody else has AS MUCH motive, given the limited facts we have available to us.

2. <modsnip>

I believe way too much emphasis is being put on this perpetrator being some sort of super smart stalker who planned this crime out down to the minute. I think it's much simpler. S/he knew MB had a CG class, probably knew MB would arrive way earlier than the other CG campers (as we've learned is required by all the trainers, right?), showed up early by car to "prepare," murdered her, hopped in his car and drove away. I don't think s/he knew that other campers would arrive as early as they did, but escaped without being seen anyway. Luck. I don't think there was an accomplice waiting nearby in a getaway car or anything. We also know from LEO that the murderer's vehicle (or a vehicle we can assume was the murderer's vehicle) was caught on camera. So all this talk about a motorcycle or leaving on foot, etc., makes no sense to me. The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

I also don't buy the idea that this murderer is really athletic. In fact, I believe the opposite is true. This person does not seem to move gracefully or easily. S/he sort of lumbers slowly, in the video we've seen, and the feet splayed outward does not indicate to me someone who spends a lot of time working out, running or playing sports (where feet being square to the shoulders is a big deal to avoid injury). This does not look, to me, like an agile, athletic person capable of outrunning someone light and fit like MB. Sure, s/he's bigger and probably stronger by sheer weight/force, but I think MB would be able to outrun or outmaneuver this person with relative ease (again, given the video footage we've seen). This implies, to me, hiding in wait or perhaps using a gun.

The part that's messing with me the most is why the murderer is dressed in SWAT gear. If I, a woman, showed up at a church to teach a workout class at 4 AM in total darkness and heavy rain walked in on 1 person dressed in head-to-toe SWAT gear (only 1? Why would a SWAT officer be clearing a church alone?) that would in NO WAY calm me down and make me trust the person. I'd probably scream and run away, and assume it was someone there to do me harm. That's terrifying! Maybe the murderer is dumb and thought dressing this way would inspire trust, but come on. I think it has more to do with hiding his/her identity, either from MB or the cameras. Or both. But that could've been accomplished with a ski mask, so impersonating a LEO seems over-the-top to me. I don't understand it.

All of this is just my opinion. Hope I didn't violate any rules! Tell me if I did so I can be better next time!

<modsnip> According to the SW's KC & MC had communications with MB about the Bevers money problems or about an affair. Since they were family friends I'm guessing money problems. CT & AT were not close to the family so I'm guessing communications about an affair. jmo

<modsnip>

The ATT SW gives summary, of why needed the SW for the listed #s and individuals. It did state there was communications between THOSE target numbers and MB iphone. We do not know what was the communications or by whom. There is a reason that they wanted March 1 - April 24 (day prior to SW issued April 24 at 325pm) Public is not privy as to why. Not why each and every individual needed. I do not remember anyone being "off limits" except the children or individuals not on SW or in media. < then only what they spoke about. FB were only to be discussed if public, of those listed individuals. Only what about the listed individuals in SW not what other people posted there. CT page has since been made private and Tricia made a post that CT FB is now off limits.

New to Websleuths, first time poster. Hi everyone! I've been reading along for a few weeks. I'm on maternity leave and this has been a welcome, albeit disturbing and at times painful, distraction from the monotony of caring for a newborn.

I'm on board with the theory that this murder was a contract killing, and I believe the hit man was probably hired by her husband. Here's why:

1. Motive. We've learned now that MB and/or BB were involved in extramarital affairs. There were also financial concerns. Even if only MB was having an affair, or only BB was having an affair (since the SW is not, IMO, clear on this), that's enough motive. As far as the financial motive goes, I think it's safe to assume there was a life insurance policy at play, even if it wasn't a huge amount of money. I just don't think anybody else has AS MUCH motive, given the limited facts we have available to us.

2. <modsnip>

I believe way too much emphasis is being put on this perpetrator being some sort of super smart stalker who planned this crime out down to the minute. I think it's much simpler. S/he knew MB had a CG class, probably knew MB would arrive way earlier than the other CG campers (as we've learned is required by all the trainers, right?), showed up early by car to "prepare," murdered her, hopped in his car and drove away. I don't think s/he knew that other campers would arrive as early as they did, but escaped without being seen anyway. Luck. I don't think there was an accomplice waiting nearby in a getaway car or anything. We also know from LEO that the murderer's vehicle (or a vehicle we can assume was the murderer's vehicle) was caught on camera. So all this talk about a motorcycle or leaving on foot, etc., makes no sense to me. The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

I also don't buy the idea that this murderer is really athletic. In fact, I believe the opposite is true. This person does not seem to move gracefully or easily. S/he sort of lumbers slowly, in the video we've seen, and the feet splayed outward does not indicate to me someone who spends a lot of time working out, running or playing sports (where feet being square to the shoulders is a big deal to avoid injury). This does not look, to me, like an agile, athletic person capable of outrunning someone light and fit like MB. Sure, s/he's bigger and probably stronger by sheer weight/force, but I think MB would be able to outrun or outmaneuver this person with relative ease (again, given the video footage we've seen). This implies, to me, hiding in wait or perhaps using a gun.

The part that's messing with me the most is why the murderer is dressed in SWAT gear. If I, a woman, showed up at a church to teach a workout class at 4 AM in total darkness and heavy rain walked in on 1 person dressed in head-to-toe SWAT gear (only 1? Why would a SWAT officer be clearing a church alone?) that would in NO WAY calm me down and make me trust the person. I'd probably scream and run away, and assume it was someone there to do me harm. That's terrifying! Maybe the murderer is dumb and thought dressing this way would inspire trust, but come on. I think it has more to do with hiding his/her identity, either from MB or the cameras. Or both. But that could've been accomplished with a ski mask, so impersonating a LEO seems over-the-top to me. I don't understand it.

All of this is just my opinion. Hope I didn't violate any rules! Tell me if I did so I can be better next time!
1. Welcome to WS!
2. Great first post. It's certainly the scenario that makes the most sense.
3. Love your username.
4. Congrats on the baby!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics