TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent point. I definitely think they were outside or near the church before entering and I wonder how long it took them to break into the door.

Break in the door but don't enter and then drive around or sit til kill time and enter with no problem at 3:50. JMO

Welcome to Websleuths hch2123! Your theory is one of my top theories also. It's not a popular one here, but at Websleuths, we welcome all opinions.

:daisy:

I swear I remember hearing the asst chief say in the press conference something to the effect of "it is obviously one person" meaning the one seen on video. IIRC, he then said something about not ruling out another perp (not seen on video). Of course now I can't find that comment. Does anyone remember it? MOO all over the place.

I know that I personally learned to copy paste stuff in a word doc with link, because those rascals will update, and change stuff on ya * also copy date/time. JMHO could be what happen there. Seen it happen time and time again.

I am wondering about this "couple of minutes" statement for how long Nissan was in gun store parking lot.

I feel as though it were left open for interpretation and not a literal 2 minutes as to let the owner know "hey, we saw you and we know you sat there before driving off."

To a woman, a couple of minutes can mean 30-45 minutes when it comes to getting ready.

To a man, a couple of minutes means more than 2 when they're hanging out with their friends. "I'll be home in a couple of minutes."

As far as the church's cameras, I feel it is closed circuit and tapes only reviewed when something happens, but not on a regular basis. And that is why I think they didn't know about the outside cameras not working; IMO, low crime area, not 100% need for cameras to be monitored 24/7.

Everything I say is all JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe a "couple of minutes", generally means about two minutes. If I was trying to express 30 - 45 minutes, I would say "about half an hour”, not a "couple of minutes". IMHO anything over 30 minutes is not a couple of minutes, even by a stretch.

I agree about the outdoor cameras.

Does the church actually have cameras outside? We have heard they weren't working, so that makes me wonder are they really there? Or, was that just something we were told so the community bad boys would think they had them?

After breaking in, would it be possible for the perp to have found the control room and turned the outside cameras off? The inside cameras were left on as the alarm was in them. S/he may have had knowledge of how this system worked. With this system the church had, what did it take to set the alarm off?

The system certainly didn't work too well, did it?

My opinions only.

I know that I personally learned to copy paste stuff in a word doc with link, because those rascals will update, and change stuff on ya * also copy date/time. JMHO could be what happen there. Seen it happen time and time again.

Kinda like the report that she was "shot".............JMO

Why did the swat perp choose the church to make his/her kill? If the mission was just to kill Missy, why didn't they just pass her on the highway & fire a shot into her truck & kill her on what was almost very certainly a deserted street at that time of day? Or shoot her as she pulled out of her driveway? I know we have talked about the likelihood of a gun being traced. However, the gun must be found before it can be traced. It would be as easy to dispose of gun as it would be to dispose of bloody clothing. IMO, the killer wanted the kill to be up close & personal for whatever reason. It would not surprise me if the killer told Missy why he/she was killing her. Also, SP was also confident that they had the strength to overpower Missy if she fought for her life.
All is JMO, IMO,MOO.

Re: Batbrat post with photos and measurements (T20, p41, #604): what a great post!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-20&p=12576774#post12576774

LE press conf Friday May 20 stated Swatperp was now estimated to be 5'2 to 5'7" - and I agree with you (Batbrat) that the 5'2" seems a bit low and the range unnecessarily broad (especially since they obviously could get in there and measure those doors). TX building code has nonresidential or commercial doors interior doors at 7'0" or 84" (OR, less commonly, 6'8" or 80"). I'm not sure what to make of LE's 5'2" measurement except, as TeaTime has said, maybe they are more interested in putting the squeeze on their POI than in relaying accurate information. I really think with having access to the site that they would (and possibly DO) have this narrowed down, more.

Thread 1 deductions about Swatperp's height were based on TX building codes (without onsite measuring) and using 84" tall doors came up with anywhere from 5'3" to 5'8":

P15 #13 - Estimation using TX code door ht (rough eyeballing) = about 5'3":
Bldng code TX - nonresidential doors usually 84" - in photo perp only comes up 3/4 way. Looks more like 5'3" (3/4 pf 84" = 63").
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AT-gear-18-April-2016&p=12479344#post12479344

P34 #502 - Estimation using fire extinguisher box = 5'7" to 5'8" tops:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AT-gear-18-April-2016&p=12481119#post12481119

P36 #529 - Estimation using door handle placement = 5'6":
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AT-gear-18-April-2016&p=12481186#post12481186

Maybe perp went to church super early, broke windows on several doors. Opened doors and then left to see if cops came, then came back after coast was clear.

Yes, and perp would have been able to see police activity at the church from the SWFA parking lot at 2am.

So, 4:16 seen DRIVING in and 4:18 ( having walked to front door with key) ENTERING the church ? We do know that church entry was church camera at front door. DRIVING video is probably gun shop video, or else if church video, all campers were seen driving in, as well. JMO Also, if driving video is gun shop video all campers were seen too, but not necessarily perp, if they parked at north side of church.

There is only one driveway.... :silly: how did the perp get there to park on the north side if didn't come through the drive way from Hwy 287? *Plus JMHO MB went through the same side door entrance near her truck. Not walk around the front of the church and open that door. But that JMHO.

** ETA, Please do not think I was being snarky. I think sometimes I over think things and that what made me think of. Hugs Mimi

Re: Batbrat post with photos and measurements (T20, p41, #604): what a great post!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-20&p=12576774#post12576774

LE press conf Friday May 20 stated Swatperp was now estimated to be 5'2 to 5'7" - and I agree with you (Batbrat) that the 5'2" seems a bit low and the range unnecessarily broad (especially since they obviously could get in there and measure those doors). TX building code has nonresidential or commercial doors interior doors at 7'0" or 84" (OR, less commonly, 6'8" or 80"). I'm not sure what to make of LE's 5'2" measurement except, as TeaTime has said, maybe they are more interested in putting the squeeze on their POI than in relaying accurate information. I really think with having access to the site that they would (and possibly DO) have this narrowed down, more.

Thread 1 deductions about Swatperp's height were based on TX building codes (without onsite measuring) and using 84" tall doors came up with anywhere from 5'3" to 5'8" - though the lower end of that range was simply visually deduced, and not as dependent upon measurements:

P15 #13 - Estimation using TX code door ht (rough eyeballing) = about 5'3":
Bldng code TX - nonresidential doors usually 84" - in photo perp only comes up 3/4 way. Looks more like 5'3" (3/4 pf 84" = 63").
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AT-gear-18-April-2016&p=12479344#post12479344

P34 #502 - Estimation using fire extinguisher box = 5'7" to 5'8" tops:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AT-gear-18-April-2016&p=12481119#post12481119

P36 #529 - Estimation using door handle placement = 5'6":
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AT-gear-18-April-2016&p=12481186#post12481186

I wonder how much they allowed for the boots and helmet? A couple of inches?

Why did the swat perp choose the church to make his/her kill? If the mission was just to kill Missy, why didn't they just pass her on the highway & fire a shot into her truck & kill her on what was almost very certainly a deserted street at that time of day? Or shoot her as she pulled out of her driveway? I know we have talked about the likelihood of a gun being traced. However, the gun must be found before it can be traced. It would be as easy to dispose of gun as it would be to dispose of bloody clothing. IMO, the killer wanted the kill to be up close & personal for whatever reason. It would not surprise me if the killer told Missy why he/she was killing her. Also, SP was also confident that they had the strength to overpower Missy if she fought for her life.

All is JMO, IMO,MOO.

Agree.........and think the confined space of the church more easily insured Ms. Bevers had no where to run. Killer wanted her confined, as much as possible. Killer no where near as able-bodied as Ms. Bevers. And I believe the costume was as much for protection as it was disguise. It's already warm .....time for shorts and short sleeves. Wouldn't do to be all bruised and scratched up, now would it??????????

Yes, and perp would have been able to see police activity at the church from the SWFA parking lot at 2am.

Not likely if it is true that they were only stopped there for a "few" minutes. JMO

Personally, I am not gonna try to read too much into it. I do not know how long (but I like you assume since the beginning) but this is an ongoing investigation. They didn't have to even release it. Thing I have found that when read too much into it .. you get tunnel vision from being in so many rabbit holes. Been there done that, have scratches from the briar patch ... It could be either we just don't know. I don't know who was driving that vehicle at 2 a.m. on April 18, 2016 so no way I am any help to them there. * or any way really. They have the best of the best helping. They don't need our sleuth ideas. They have the actual information needed to work through to send the case to DA. Its just puzzle work for me.

I appreciate your posts and conversation and you bring up some great points. I know my husband would be applauding right now bc he has told me the same thing about tunnel vision and rabbit holes! So yes. I totally understand and respect what you are saying and your opinion. In regards to LE not needing our sleuth ideas, I don't think people on this site are calling in sleuthing tips or at least I would hope not unless it was based in factual knowledge and I would hope it wouldn't be posted here but passed along discreetly to LE. I agree that they have the best of the best helping them which is why I can't help but find the Altima image interesting and have difficulty believing that after a month LE still has no idea who it could belong to with all the resources available to them. I guess I don't really know what else there is new to discuss so back down the rabbit hole I go, and I do not mean that in a snarky way at all, I really understand and respect what you are saying :):). Although this is my husband right now and possibly others reading my posts :doh:

Speaking hypothetically, if I was a burglar about to break in I'd be worried about possible cameras in the parking lot catching my car number plate & a burglar alarm going off after I break in. Luckily for him these 2 things were either not working or there at all. If he had gone to the effort of putting together a fake SWAT outfit I'm sure he would have thought about these details. How did he know these were not working? It's rare for any building left unattended at night not to be alarmed. Is Midlothian such a safe area that businesses & homes are not alarmed?

Simple: the only way he could have known anything about the operation of the cameras, is if he had inside information, not only to the church, but specifically to the security camera system. That would be highly unlikely I think.

Second, I don’t think it is rare for buildings not to be alarmed. Security alarm systems are expensive. I believe they are only common in high risk locations, such as the gun store.

The Altima photo seems to have been taken at a low height, almost at eye level. Not from a pole. IMO It is important where the Altima was parked for those few minutes. There is a brick wall with white trim around the back of SWFA which is where I thought the photo was taken. I'm not seeing wheels turned or the road stripe... Not yet anyhow. I keep staring at it trying to see the road. Here is a view from SWFA to the church in the distance (top left). IMO this could where the first PR mentioned having captured a photo of a car taken from a distance. This video starts off showing surroundings of their store. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8otfKXGMgQ
Thanks! I knew I was not the only one who saw a wall. I can see it both ways. To see it as Hwy 287, each side of the divided highway is also separately elevated, with a grassy media depression in between. The bottom of the 'wall' is the lowest point in the depression, the 'wall' is the far upside of the median. The south bound lanes of the 287 are elevated above the sloped gray part of the SWFA driveway which is where the taillights reflected on the water. .... Your great point is that there is a camera mounted not on a pole but at a level to take a photo of every license plate entering or exting the SWFA driveway, which agrees with what poster texasgirl2 and her husband saw in their drive-through of the SWFA property. .... Does anyone else see a less-reflective whiteout area with a heart-shaped top over the license plate? And only the two bottom corner edges of the plate are visible beyond this whiteout area? IMO It looks like either LE whited out the plate number, or the driver put something over the plate.

Attachments

• SWFA Outdoor Store aerial.jpg
    SWFA Outdoor Store aerial.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 68
I still think SP never left the scene, I think they either ran off & got outta that get up & once the commotion started inside they just came outta no where & blended in with the other campers ~OR~ they jetted back out the door they came in, got outta the get up & got in their car & came around the building, from same direction as the enter/exit drive, pulled in & again just blended in with others. Remember it was raining that morning, pretty steady & hard from what I remember reading, if I was a early camper sitting in my car, probably looking at my phone, like I always do while waiting, I would not have noticed where another car came from, I'd just maybe see headlights, glance up & see that they were coming from the direction of the drive, even though I never really saw them actually pull in the entrance, if that makes sense.
And iirc the camera that caught Missy's truck pulling in was inside the church foyer, her headlights activated the camera. If another car did pull in before Missy this camera probably did not activate because of the heavy rain & that car's headlights never pointed towards the doors the way Missy's did as she pulled around the semi-circle driveway under the awning, she would've been much closer than other car just driving through parking lot.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I kind of doubt they entered the church much before 3:50AM. The cameras would have activated sooner. The suspect could have been out side the church at an earlier time though.

They would have only activated if in a room where camera is. We don't know if there is a camera in the Kitchen area or not. If not then they would first be picked up on whatever camera their motion activated a camera. That just information we do not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975