TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is something like that, too. I think the twin bulbs answer the 'bat wing' top problem - and look in the 3 reflections on the driveway behind the car - the center one also has a 'batwing' appearance, which makes sense as original photo. So perhaps it was not the Altima person(s) who covered the license plate with something, but rather LE photoshopped the plate number for any of a variety of reasons (innocent lost traveler, known local close to MB person what are they doing out at 2AM, POI/suspect related to license number, stolen plate not belonging to a 2010-2012 Altima - PS if LE knows the plate number and it matches an Altima, then they know the car year, etc.) JMO

I believe they do know who owns that car and I believe the presser was designed to put pressure on that person. LE has one~~~but the question is~~~is there 2 involved?? IMO, I think there is~~~I think they want the Atima driver to come forward to "rat out" the other person. But, why not just haul their butt into the station? Maybe, LE knows this person (former criminal record) and already knows the person will not "rat out" another? Food for thought anyway.

I'm thinking they used a security camera jammer or something like that....and there is an APP for that....LOL Just google security camera jammer. I wonder if the interior security cameras were on a different frequency than the outdoor cameras??

That Google search only shows UHF/VHF jamming devices. I think it is highly unlikely that the church was using a wireless camera system.

The only ways I can think of to disable a wired camera, would be to physically damage the camera or cut the cable (not easy if the camera is on the side of a building), or maybe zap the camera with a laser. I’m not even sure how effective that would be.

A really cunning woman who would have enough acting chops to copy the distinctive walk of someone known to the victim? Is that what your husband means?

Sorry it's taken me a little to respond I had to go ask him to clarify while I was making dinner. He said and I'm paraphrasing, No a woman who has experience in military training, maybe only boot camp, maybe never served overseas but not someone pretending to be someone else or frame someone with a distinctive walk. also reiterated that he thinks swatperp wanted to make sure she was wearing enough protection so chances of defense wounds on Swarperp were minimized and risk of DNA, blood, hair from swat perp transferred to the scene also minimized. Thinks shoes were too big to throw off LE but not to imitate someone else's distinctive walk. Asked again about why he thinks military and he said when swat perp is standing still in some frames it just reminded him of stances he's seen in military followed by a "don't ask me to explain that part further bc it's just one of those things that seems familiar to me." Sorry if that's no help. I have asked him to join but he won't.

I thought MB came home on Sunday, pretty sure on her FB she checks in in Austin on Sun morning.

BB probably left for the airport before she got back (his flight was meant to be at noon so he'd have been at the airport by mid morning) and so they may not have seen each other for a few days.

but the OP was stating that both parents were gone all weekend and making assumptions that children were left home alone.

<snipped for emphasis>

This is equally interesting though. Sorry if mentioned before. Look at this. Definitely a visor, pointed?

attachment.php
(1.08 s mark)

Play the video, set speed to.25 and stop at the .58 s mark. Look what happens at the 1.02 mark! Cleary a visor.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

Yes, I see the visor at -1:02 on my iPad - here's what mine looks like at that point (click to open and zoom):

image.jpg

I thought I also saw what could be a visor in the Nissan Altima passenger seat silhouette pictured in this thread several pages back, whether or not that's relevant. (Lots of non-swatperp people wear caps with visors, too.)

Sorry it's taken me a little to respond I had to go ask him to clarify while I was making dinner. He said and I'm paraphrasing, No a woman who has experience in military training, maybe only boot camp, maybe never served overseas but not someone pretending to be someone else or frame someone with a distinctive walk. also reiterated that he thinks swatperp wanted to make sure she was wearing enough protection so chances of defense wounds on Swarperp were minimized and risk of DNA, blood, hair from swat perp transferred to the scene also minimized. Thinks shoes were too big to throw off LE but not to imitate someone else's distinctive walk. Asked again about why he thinks military and he said when swat perp is standing still in some frames it just reminded him of stances he's seen in military followed by a "don't ask me to explain that part further bc it's just one of those things that seems familiar to me." Sorry if that's no help. I have asked him to join but he won't.

I can see that.

As I stated earlier, Army, Marines and Coast Guard receive training in close quarters combat to some degree. (I have no idea about Air Force and I know we didn't get any such training in the Navy.) Not enough to make them experts, but enough to give some confidence if they end up in that situation in combat or boarding a ship in the case of a coastie. So that might also explain the plan to forgo using a gun and use a hammer instead.

but the OP was stating that both parents were gone all weekend and making assumptions that children were left home alone.

Even if they were for a few hours, no biggie. (I babysat 4 kids under 6 when I was thirteen). Yes times have changed, but I'm sure all were accounted for.....JMO

It's possible they do have a more precise height than the range they gave the public while still accounting for the boots and helmet. I probably posted this previously but IMO, I think the public was given a wider range because not everyone is good at estimating height so giving a range might help people come forward who wouldn't if they assumed someone couldn't be the perp bc they don't think they look like the exact height given.

The other reason for the large range could be due to the standard deviation talked about in statistics when it comes to height and maybe they added this on to the range along with a more specific height they came up with. Kind of like a margin of error. I don't remember too much from stat class so I will try to find a link. but according to Wikipedia, the average American adult female is between 5'3-5'5, more specifically it's 5ft 3.8 inches and the standard deviation is 2.8 inches according to another website linked below. I found these numbers on a calculator at the website linked below where you can check by gender and nationality. Using just averages for women and the standard deviation I found, the range one standard deviation out from the average female height would be 5ft 1 on the low end of the range and 5ft 6.6 inches on the high end. This is just an example, I have no clue what they used but it's possible statistics were used to come up with the range based on what the experts believe the height to be. Here's the link I used and it explains it better than my mish mashed knowledge of anything relating to math.

*https://tall.life/height-percentile-calculator-age-country/

Sorry for the ramble. It took three hours to finally finish this post bc of real life

I think a defense attorney would have a field day if their client was 5'4" and they said the height was taller. IMO, LE is just covering their tracks so the conviction will stick. They must only have a lot of circumstantial evidence.

I think a defense attorney would have a field day if their client was 5'4" and they said the height was taller. IMO, LE is just covering their tracks so the conviction will stick. They must only have a lot of circumstantial evidence.

Yes. All of it so far. There was no eyewitness. JMO But circumstantial works. DNA is a done deal.

Does anyone know how often Missy's husband goes away? It seems to me that whoever did this knew he would be away when they committed the murder. I don't believe in coincidences.

To know that, they would have had to have gotten from either his fb or knew some other way. It wasn't posted on MB fb. Only on BB fb. MB did comment on it back iMarch 22. I dont remember seeing it on MB fb (been a while since scanned tho)

I think it will be easy for LE to find any local in the area with the car make /model that pulled across the street at 2AM. Hard to explain why out at 2 AM on Sunday night if a minor, Mom or really anyone! There are many thoughts on bumper sticker - maybe its a Harley Skull, White Truck, 26.2, CO, dirt bike, AAA sticker. Some see a 2nd sticker on side of vehicle of a cat/fox, while others see a 2nd person in car. I think light inside car is the GPS/radio/vanity mirror or central light turned on or cell phone.Good possibility SP broke window- then drove to lot across street to check to see if an alarm alerted police - which it did not. Still wonder if they dropped off SP, or if SP drove self or came by 4 wheeler/cycle/dirt bike.
***Is there a local dealer with white old fashioned truck logo?
***Is there local dirt bike place?
***Is there a local sports team (high school) with wild cat/fox mascot?

From what locals post - the gun store owner has a zillion cameras, so the LE probably knows who owns the car, blanked out the plate and is watching them. Waiting to see if they come forward. If the driver does not, then that implies a sinister motive for pulling in to the parking lot in the middle of the night - especially if they next drove to the church lot! (Which we don't know....) In regards to weight, I wonder if LE is messing with public. How can the perp height change from 6 feet to 5'2"!? Camera distortion, or were there 2 perps - a 6 feet tall male and 5'2" tall female/minor?

I think it will be easy for LE to find any local in the area with the car make /model that pulled across the street at 2AM. Hard to explain why out at 2 AM on Sunday night if a minor, Mom or really anyone! There are many thoughts on bumper sticker - maybe its a Harley Skull, White Truck, 26.2, CO, dirt bike, AAA sticker. Some see a 2nd sticker on side of vehicle of a cat/fox, while others see a 2nd person in car. I think light inside car is the GPS/radio/vanity mirror or central light turned on or cell phone.Good possibility SP broke window- then drove to lot across street to check to see if an alarm alerted police - which it did not. Still wonder if they dropped off SP, or if SP drove self or came by 4 wheeler/cycle/dirt bike.
***Is there a local dealer with white old fashioned truck logo?
***Is there local dirt bike place?
***Is there a local sports team (high school) with wild cat/fox mascot?

From what locals post - the gun store owner has a zillion cameras, so the LE probably knows who owns the car, blanked out the plate and is watching them. Waiting to see if they come forward. If the driver does not, then that implies a sinister motive for pulling in to the parking lot in the middle of the night - especially if they next drove to the church lot! (Which we don't know....) In regards to weight, I wonder if LE is messing with public. How can the perp height change from 6 feet to 5'2"!? Camera distortion, or were there 2 perps - a 6 feet tall male and 5'2" tall female/minor?

I'm going to be a big pain and ask for the photo of the car. After the press conference, I didn't look at the images because I really expected an arrest! Now...I need to look. Can anyone direct me? TIA.

For any interested parties, I've transcribed the May 20 presser verbatim into a protected PDF. Forgive the watermark, but after seeing other individuals (cough, cough, NG) taking credit for mimi's hard work with her map, I'm being squirrelly.

My qualifications: I transcribe and edit legal and corporate audio as my day job. Trust me, it's not as thrilling as it sounds.

View attachment 95135

Thanks so much for this. It really helps to have any transcripts of spoken words.

I am intrigued with comments made on the bottom of page 5 into 6 - "a lot of the tips have focused on people who they knew who they feel like has a similar walk but little connection to Midlothian or Camp Gladiator or the church."

IMO, police are saying this is not some random killer...and there is either a connection to Midlothian, Camp Gladiator or the church.

I believe they do know who owns that car and I believe the presser was designed to put pressure on that person. LE has one~~~but the question is~~~is there 2 involved?? IMO, I think there is~~~I think they want the Atima driver to come forward to "rat out" the other person. But, why not just haul their butt into the station? Maybe, LE knows this person (former criminal record) and already knows the person will not "rat out" another? Food for thought anyway.

I think they know who owns this car, BUT, cannot locate this person (s).

Just FYI, my mom moved out to Midlothian to be near me and as she got old and sick she developed CHF and had these spells where she would call 911 OFTEN, this always required me to follow the ambulance down to Baylor ER in Waxahachie. I bet I drove that route on 287 50 times always in the middle of the night and I bet I saw 5 cars on all those trips. Everything pretty much shuts down in Midlothian around 9 10 oclock except for our newsih Walmart. This makes me wonder about that car across the street, wondering if it is the perp what was she doing ? Getting her act together just before the crime ?... Praying LE can enhance that plate. What good is surveillance cams if you cannot identify the vehicles?? GRRRRrrr

For any interested parties, I've transcribed the May 20 presser verbatim into a protected PDF. Forgive the watermark, but after seeing other individuals (cough, cough, NG) taking credit for mimi's hard work with her map, I'm being squirrelly.

My qualifications: I transcribe and edit legal and corporate audio as my day job. Trust me, it's not as thrilling as it sounds.

View attachment 95135

There's no option to edit my original post, so here's a direct Dropbox link as well.

ETA: Also, thanks for everyone's kind words. I'm glad to help out. I'll hopefully have the 4/22 presser done soon as well.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that while the police have to gather evidence to prove who did it, they also have to chase every detail down to rule anyone else out. The car may not be related in any way to the murder but they need to follow the lead. The last thing they want is the defense bringing it up in the trial and showing that they didn't even investigate anyone else and creating reasonable doubt by saying this car could have been casing the church. I personally think that's the situation with this car. JMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. My husband thinks a woman who was in the military at some point in time based on swatperps mannerisms seen on camera, and also because of the way the crime was planned, the outfit, etc. he described it as this person clearly being on a mission but that the rage and anger must have completely overtaken this person during the actual act of murder. I also just showed him the Nissan Altima image and he thinks LE covered up the plate numbers or tried to obscure it before releasing to pubic. He said his department has done similar things before for strategical purposes but not the liscense plate scenario. He did say he has seen a presentation on tactics like this at a training for LEO, and one example was the liscense plate scenario and usually these tactics are targeted towards the psychology of a poi that police strongly suspect. I asked for more details but got the eye roll. again that is just his opinion from his experience. He also wanted me to add that usually LE is pretty straightforward with the public and we can take what they say at face value for the most part, but with the FBI involved he thinks they are directing this stuff to the person they suspect and their family/friends.

Thanks! I wholeheartedly agree with you and the hubby! Tell hubby to stay safe out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname