TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good catch! - could be visor, face shield up (but those retract up top of helmet) or the bill of a light colored baseball cap worn underneath the helmet. It looks like it reflects the overhead light, but could just be video.

OT: The stances I saw while advancing and rewinding the video look female to me.

A female would wear a baseball cap underneath a helmet for some reasons:

If it's not my helmet, I don't want my hair and head in someone else's hygiene issue (seriously, that's what I'd do)
Bad Hair Day - baseball caps would help prevent 'helmet hair'
To try and prevent leaving your own hair or sweat as evidence if the helmet were ever traced to someone near or dear to you and you still have it because you couldn't explain where the equipment went
Hat bills also help against surveillance cameras *bank robbers*

:eek:ddsmiley:

Good points on why a female would wear a visor/baseball cap under the helmet. I'll add one more: If the helmet is too big it would flop
around on her head which would make it harder to see and maneuver.
Years ago I had a motorcycle helmet and it was too big for my head so I'd wear a cap under it to stabilize it so it wouldn't flop around.

Bicyclists (professional and casual) and ball players (same, including kids) do the same thing. I don't think it hints more at male or female.

Never knew that... I've personally never seen a man use a visor underneath a helmet. With Quad biking etc I've seen a few men pull on helmets with nothing underneath. "Anatomically" the cctv speaks to a male but with padding etc I'm coming round to the female view. Though in my opinion this is not a youngish woman.

All good points! Imo...he wasn't thinking very clearly when he made his first statement. It's amazing what an intense loss can do to your thinking.

I also believe LE is putting light pressure on the Altima driver so that they will come forth with information, instead of trying to interrogate them. Getting information freely is much easier than interrogating someone. All mo, of course.

I believe iit's much about strategy as it is psychology that LE uses to solve cases. It could all be clear cut, but as this case has gone on I've begun to believe there is more strategy that goes into solving crimes.

Good points on why a female would wear a visor/baseball cap under the helmet. I'll add one more: If the helmet is too big it would flop
around on her head which would make it harder to see and maneuver.
Years ago I had a motorcycle helmet and it was too big for my head so I'd wear a cap under it to stabilize it so it wouldn't flop around.

That's exactly what I meant but perhaps did not express it as clearly as you :) Have done the same thing myself.

That's what I first thought of when I saw it, that it was a bird of some sort, but I looked up military birds & this came up, kinda matches also imo
7c0b3e8e9afa9609eb86f5cbf4d426b7.jpg

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
Yes, this could be as well, heck if I stare long enough I'm making out all sorts of weird shapes, lol.

IMO, the only way that oval sticker may crack the case in this investigation is if someone in the area saw the PC with LE's request for help identifying the car and they specifically know someone who drives a silver Altima with an oval sticker on the back.

I'm sure the owner of the Altima has removed the sticker at this point if he/she was involved in this crime. Plus, it's impossible to tell what might be on the sticker and there are a gazillion different ones out there---some advertise radio stations, some have slogans or sports teams on them, some have the initials of a state or city---like TX, for example. The list is truly endless.

Exactly.

Because they need solid evidence. They have tips, blurry video, and possible links to a burner phone. think they are looking to solidify the case. Remember OJS got away with murder How much evidence was provided in that case to find him guilty?

If the murder was personal, finding the motive is the key. One thing that I have not seen discussed is whether or not the children taking care of themselves that weekend while both parents were gone. Also it was reported she stopped at a fire station before she arrived home. What or who was important enough that you would stop to see before your kids. The media is more than quite.

BB was home until Sunday, and I think MB's Austin event ended Saturday.

That's exactly what I meant but perhaps did not express it as clearly as you :) Have done the same thing myself.

Oops, I'm sorry. I guess I got hung on the great points you made about passing along the sweat/hair/DNA angle. That is seriously a great point
because when the perp gets rid of that helmet if there is a cap underneath it could hamper any way for LE to link it back to the perp.
I totally got the bad hair/helmet point, I still use a cap for those days. ;)

For any interested parties, I've transcribed the May 20 presser verbatim into a protected PDF. Forgive the watermark, but after seeing other individuals (cough, cough, NG) taking credit for mimi's hard work with her map, I'm being squirrelly.

My qualifications: I transcribe and edit legal and corporate audio as my day job. Trust me, it's not as thrilling as it sounds.

View attachment MB 5-20-16 FINAL.protected (1).pdf

For any interested parties, I've transcribed the May 20 presser verbatim into a protected PDF. Forgive the watermark, but after seeing other individuals (cough, cough, NG) taking credit for mimi's hard work with her map, I'm being squirrelly.

My qualifications: I transcribe and edit legal and corporate audio as my day job. Trust me, it's not as thrilling as it sounds.

View attachment 95135

The link would not open for me?? Anyone else?? (Bury head now).

Hi Everyone,

Please do me/us a favor. If you are replying to a post use the Reply With Quote option. Otherwise I get lost and aren't sure what you are talking about. Thanks in advance.

Works for me too.It will download and open in a PDF file.
Excellent watermark. Don't blame ya.

it was reported she stopped at a fire station before she arrived home. What or who was important enough that you would stop to see before your kids. The media is more than quite.

Did the alleged lover work for the fire station? Or anybody else in this case that we know of?

The link would not open for me?? Anyone else?? (Bury head now).

Galadril! maybe put it in the Media and timeline thread so we can refer to it anytime without having to hunt for it. Thanks!

View attachment 95135

Thank you and great job! Love the watermarks.

Oops, I'm sorry. I guess I got hung on the great points you made about passing along the sweat/hair/DNA angle. That is seriously a great point
because when the perp gets rid of that helmet if there is a cap underneath it could hamper any way for LE to link it back to the perp.
I totally got the bad hair/helmet point, I still use a cap for those days. ;)

Lol it was another female poster's original great points but you and I both commented. You def explained things best re the motivation for a woman to wear a visor under a helmet :)

But if LE knows who it is, why wouldn't they just go ahead and arrest him or her? Not to be snarky - because I wonder too if they might have an idea but maybe not quite enough evidence? Or they want more evidence?

Wheels of Justice put them in a time bind.......better to have all their evidence collected before taking it to DA, for arrest or indictment. JMO

If the murder was personal, finding the motive is the key. One thing that I have not seen discussed is whether or not the children taking care of themselves that weekend while both parents were gone. Also it was reported she stopped at a fire station before she arrived home. What or who was important enough that you would stop to see before your kids. The media is more than quite.

Respectfully,
1) we are not to be speaking of MB children
2) Where do you get that both parents were gone "that weekend", BB didn't leave until Sunday afternoon (and that per MPD has all been verified) and MB was home Sunday from Austin.
3)And "it was reported she stopped...." Reported by whom? MSM? MPD? Only place I have seen that "reported" rather posted, was a rumor comment from a member here at WS. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AT-gear-18-Apr-2016-7&p=12515571#post12515571
4) Even IF MB had stopped at a fire station on Sunday, we have no idea why, to see whom, if it was business or personal. Very well could have had a family member or camper work there. or friend of a family member. And no way of us knowing IG that were true, when it was or who was with her.

Why stir the rumor pot? It is against TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname