TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so I wonder how difficult for LE to narrow down the year of the Altima? How can they be sure? Just curious....

Very very slight differences from year to year. A bit more "aerodynamic" looking. The rear window is not as rounded, IMO.

Perp was super careful to cover themselves up from head to toe with a disguise. Possibly even wearing shoe covers to hide their shoe prints.
Did perp buy this disguise? Can the purchase be traced? Did perp have it on hand as a former Halloween costume? Does someone close to perp know this costume is missing? Is this former or current LE?
Perp did not seem concerned with the cameras.
Perp confident with their plan, perp did not waiver in the whole time they were there waiting for MB. Perp carried out plan and immediately left.
Perp did not appear to be in a hurry to leave while waiting for MB. Appeared to be killing time until she got there. Perp comfortable with the bulky clothing, helmet & tools.
Perp left right after killing MB-Where are the perp clothes & helmet? Perp planned for everything. Where would a smart perp place the evidence? This was well planned.
Perp was there to kill MB.

Why did someone want to kill MB?

Someone close to the perp knows what happened. Maybe they are scared for their own lives and the lives of their loved ones. Someone definitely knows.

I doubt this case will ever be solved and even if it is there are so many other possible suspects that there will be way too much reasonable doubt for a conviction. If they knew who did this they wouldn't be asking the public about some car that showed up for a few mins across the street 2 hours before crime. What possible reason would LE have to lie about that. I cant believe that in such a small town no one has seen that car. I also can't believe a police search of local and state-wide registrants of that make, model and year hasn't come up with anything. My guess is the owner of the car, if it's involved, belongs is a relative or friend of someone who wanted Missy out of way. Maybe perp told them his car was in the shop. Do any of these bumper stickers look like the one on car?

http://www.cafepress.com/+mma+bumper-stickers
I believe it will be solved. I believe they have evidence, and are building their case. We do not know if they have went to a GJ with what they have so far.
How would you know the reasonable doubt without knowing the evidence? How would anyone know if the bumper sticker looks of the million kinds, even those not online... when can not make out from the photo released? Not meaning to sound snarky but honest questions.

Wow---so looking at the various year's models of Altimas on grainy footage on a rainy night---who could tell what year the car at the gun shop parking lot was!?!?

I am hoping LE has better surveillance pics of the Altima; if not to question if they saw anything?!

Yeah. Altima is one car that hasn't really changed much. Maybe they can see the factory rims or something specific that was only made during that year. Or that was recalled after that year.

ETA: The rear lights. They're different.

Okay Sleuthers, with all this talk, speculation, guessing on what we are seeing inside this Altima, my fingers went shopping.
Here are interior pictures of different models of a 2012 Altima. I believe this will help narrow down what we are seeing.
I am just learning how to post pictures, so you guys and gals that are super with enlarging, zooming in, etc. go for it!

My post that the light to the left of the rear view mirror might be keys is wrong! Little do I know that cars don't need keys these days! Guess you all got a good laugh out of that. The start button is illuminated if it could be that. Have fun, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

The picture of the inside overhead lights is from a 2011 Altima.
One picture will not post, so I'll be back with it.

Thanks for this post.

The bigger picture regarding the car is that IF it's involved, (which since no one has come forward yet it is looking more and more likely) it must belong to either the perp, or someone s/he is either threatening into silence or working in concert with. And since no one in the small town has reported ever seeing it before, the driver may very well be someone from out of town. They need to widen the search if they haven't already.

Another thought on this Altima. Everyone has their own opinion, so this is from my personal experience driving an Altima.

This car was not comfortable to drive or even ride in for my son or I. It is not made for tall people. I am 5'6"and he is 6'4". It was a rental and so bad, we stopped on our trip and traded it! Traveling for work, I used rental companies where Nissans were not the primary brand.

Going from the latest heights LE gave us, this car would be a good fit for most people in that height range. IMO. Shorter vs taller.

My opinions only.

Who has kept a running tally of Possible Motives?

1) jealous spouse/ significant other - real or perceived
2) stalker
3) some ill reference to church?
4) business deal gone bad
ETA:
5) knew something on someone
6) drugs/steroids
7) hired hit
8) Random
9) Business deal gone bad/feels conned/lost $
LOL just from top of head last day or so what else. I do want to keep a list for later :silly:

Who has kept a running tally of Possible Motives?

1) jealous spouse/ significant other - real or perceived
2) stalker
3) some ill reference to church?
4) business deal gone bad

LOL just from top of head last day or so what else. I do want to keep a list for later :silly:

5)life insurance (no idea if they had any)
6)impending divorce (costs $)

I see it too, it is all so sloppy looking. The ties seem to flop around on the top of the foot, not at an ankle.
I have made quite a few stills and my opinion, whether anyone agrees or not, is the PERP was wearing shin guards with a strap that wraps under the foot and I believe that may be what came loose. At some point, he may have fixed it. I did notice something flopping, as well, in multiple frames (not pixels). I believe the PERP was wearing short black boots of some sort, to the ankle maybe, not to the knee. I will post a picture of similar shin guards, there are literally hundreds of types with the foot straps this is for example only.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 315
:whiteflag: hey there!
Been silently following along. Waiting and waiting.

I'm with you on the waiting and waiting part! I was just thinking what a beautiful woman she is~~so sad and tragic that her life got cut short. I feel so bad for her kids and the rest of her family! I hope they catch this perp soon and they have enough evidence to put this sicko away for a long long long long time.

LE either knows who this car belongs to and are giving the perp breathing room by asking the public for help or they changed the height range to let the perp know they are getting closer.

The latest LE update was directed to the perp on the one month anniversary date of the murder for a reason. IMO.

Could this car be on a car lot out of the area for sale? Or maybe it belongs to grandparents in a close by city, who seldom go out, and would pay no attention to the news on this murder?

BatBrat - you do great work. I would like to ask a favor. Can you fnd SP waist line and elbow in some way.

A woman's elbows are at her waist her center of gravity where she beds her body.

A man's elbows are above his waist and center of gravity.

Can you do something with this information?

BTW this is the one true way to tell if a man is dressed as a woman. (In case anyone is confused some day)

Not tons, just a few at that time, in that area, at that hour. I assume they knew about this car right away as surveillance footage gets taped over frequently. So why they didn't ask for info from 2 am on is another question. I wonder why LE waited so long to bring it to the publics attention. My guess is they exhausted every possible link of car to MB and other pois and couldn't find any. I assume they did state-wide DMV searches and tried to enhance video and anything else they could think of. Probably ran surveillance on POIs to see if they were in anyway connected to a silver NA, and checked with local businesses and street cameras to match it up and and map its path and most likely came up with nothing. I understand why they may have waited to tip off perp they knew about the car, but in the end I think it might have helped if they brought it to public early on, before other footage could be deleted and before perp could get to any accomplice and threaten them etc. This does not look good.

Per the April 18 Press Conf (evening of the Murder) can't remember which stated it but either Chief Smith or Captain of CID Spann, stated they had gotten surveillance video from all around the area, that day. And Kerry Sanders reported on Thurs morning on Today Show that the FBI was going over mountains of video from the SWFA store alone. I feel sure their Investigation is methodical. Lets not forget they also have the FBI and Texas Rangers and all their expertise available and being used.

ETA: they also knew a time frame that MB arrived, and the time the Suspect was first seen on video. So they already went ahead of that by 50 min, to 3am. Had they went until 2 am, not sure but unless they had a reason to believe (at the time of writing the ATT Tower Dump) I not sure if it would be a valid SW. WE do not know what any of or if there were other SW done for any other time period, or for any other Cell Towers. MB was an ATT customer... Thats where they started... JMHO

I have made quite a few stills and my opinion, whether anyone agrees or not, is the PERP was wearing shin guards with a strap that wraps under the foot and I believe that may be what came loose. At some point, he may have fixed it. I did notice something flopping, as well, in multiple frames (not pixels). I believe the PERP was wearing short black boots of some sort, to the ankle maybe, not to the knee. I will post a picture of similar shin guards, there are literally hundreds of types with the foot straps this is for example only.
attachment.php

I have been trying to figure out the footwear and odd calf musculature of SP. You nailed it. THANKS!

So these are used for boxing training sessions? Maybe also MMA training sessions? What else would they be used for? Self-defense training sessions? Would this be something the instructor would wear or would it be the student? Both?

These would slip on over the footwear, right?

Goosebumps.

This car may be a stretch. How many times, realistically, have we pulled over for a minute? No matter what....lost, argument, rest, phone call...I have. And I barely watch the news. Being in law enforcement, I despise the media, they are not worth my time. But I enjoy fact finding ruthless Websleuths. I have been on true crime media for over 10 years...usually low key bc I feel I am too opinionated for some. But I love this site. I think, personally, LE knows the plate. They need more evidence/incriminating info from the public before releasing. If cops released ALL info...they would be crummy at their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname