OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes that's the right page. It's GONE!!! It was there this evening when I came home from work about 6!!!!

Also, the post about the baby sitting up wasn't there. There was a post about chicken nuggets and fries that is still there, but the post was there, dated April 21. HR had put some??? In the comments and another girl asked if she was ok.

This is is creeping me out. I'm not the first person on WS who has seen SM posts and they have disappeared.

I'd love to be sitting next to the LE/tech person who clears these people's social media history.

yes that's the right page. It's GONE!!! It was there this evening when I came home from work about 6!!!!

Also, the post about the baby sitting up wasn't there. There was a post about chicken nuggets and fries that is still there, but the post was there, dated April 21. HR had put some??? In the comments and another girl asked if she was ok.

This is is creeping me out. I'm not the first person on WS who has seen SM posts and they have disappeared.

It's very likely that someone is watching sites like this and deleting anything that could lead to speculation. It doesn't mean there's anything odd going on, just that they are trying to avoid false ideas and accusations, and drama.

I've never been able to see anything on her page the first post I can see is dated December 3, 2014

I know this conversation is O/T but living in a small town can be like living in a fish bowl sometimes. I've watched friends/family go back and forth to rehab/jail for years, only for quite a lot to drink, or drug, themselves into early graves, and they've most all had decent parents.

My grandparents lived and died in a small Texas town in the Panhandle. I grew up visiting often and saw exactly what you are talking about. I saw their way of life almost totally pass away.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/28/many-in-small-ohio-town-turn-on-murdered-family.html

Quote from Article: Two men approached as she spoke, all rednecks and jailhouse tattoos and teeth stained by tobacco like a lot of other young men around here,and asked to borrow money for the cigarettes that sit in virtually every PikeCounty hand. “I don’t have no money. Myboyfriend gave me these cigarettes,” Pritchard told the pair of the dukes inher pocket. “And he’s saving his money for us to go on a date.” The older ofthe two, who didn’t want to give his name, didn’t know much about Hannah, butsaid if you were the type of person to smoke weed or pop pills you had probably heard of the Rhoden’s, at least some of the younger ones.

This comment IMO is why I think it is area justice. Someone on another thread mentioned having an issue with the family, CR1 and realized the issue went all the way down the line to CR2. In order to "fix" the problem they had to eliminate the entire direct family. Unfortunately, they had a reputation in this community and the boys were known to be rough around the edges. IMO I think 90% of the time they were normal members of society and not what we would classify as "bad" people. Sadly they paid the ultimate price...

...except the same thing has happened in surrounding counties, and this kind of crime isn't common. If this was normally the way locals handled things in the county you would've heard about it by now, there's alot of drugs, this is different. I think it's revenge just think it's with some really bad people that deal with drugs. Besides that this reporter profiled a whole county by two people, pretty shoddy reporting. It's the Daily Beast though, can't expect too much.

Or, who haven't really heard much about it at all! At first I wondered if they'd been living in a cave, but then I realized I'd become obsessed.

:*)yes lollllll to those people, I'm like who the %@&* are you and what are you doing with your life? I work a full time job AND I'm trying to solve a mass murder over here.

I sense it is time to revisit my favorite quote from Thomas Harris.

"And how do we begin to covet?... We begin by coveting what we see every day...."

My grandparents lived and died in a small Texas town in the Panhandle. I grew up visiting often and saw exactly what you are talking about. I saw their way of life almost totally pass away.

Exactly.

What I mean is, that if our parents had as much sway over who we become, then we would be just like them when we grow into adults. We do not become just like our parents based on how we are raised, more-so it is genetics. Sure we learn basic manners and such, but once one gets to school, our peers, and other adults/family in our lives, determine much of who we become, and how we act, and what is tolerated behavior-wise. Genetics determine a predisposition to addiction. Edit: I've seen much too lenient parents, but, in the end a child will be corrected by school or society and be told right from wrong. However, people w/addictions repeat their mistakes over and over most of the time, b/c they are addicts.

This is long, but I wanted to tell you my story in hopes maybe you can understand addiction itself a little better....

As for me...I had two loving, supportive, comfortably middle class parents. I never wanted for anything, and aside from some tumultuous-but drug free-teenage years, my childhood was wonderful. I would not trade it for a million mansions in Beverly Hills. My husbands was exactly the same.

My very first foray into drugs was the result of the flu that resulted in two painfully ruptured eardrums. I was an uninsured single mother at the time, so the doctor was less important to me than making sure my rent check cleared. So, I waited....until I was practically deaf because of two severe double ear infections that ended very, very badly.

When the first one ruptured, i ended up giving in and going to the ER, where, as I was sitting on a gurney....the other one popped. They tried to admit me for fever, but I refused because I had no insurance, so they gave me a ton of antibiotics and a bottle of Percocet for the pain. Mind you, I was completely ignorant of opiates that day...

Once I felt better, I quit taking them and sat them aside, only to grab one late one evening when I couldn't sleep, thinking it would help. Strangely....once it kicked in I realized that not only did I relax....but my mood shifted in a way that was nice....

I take another...and notice that if I move around after I take them instead of trying to sleep, I'm actually energized and happy. I get more done at home and at work in one day than i usually do, and I'm quite cheerful about everything to boot!

This goes on until the bottle is gone....and while I'm not addicted at this point, they're on my radar. I end up with another bottle some months later after having a wisdom tooth pulled. I do not use them for pain...I use them for pleasure because I knew what they could do for me.

After this? I start gently plotting to find more. I rack up a few doctors bills that I can't pay...then I run into an old high school friend who sells them. I pawn my jewelry....some of it heirloom. Slowly, I lose my apartment and have to move back in with my parents where there is no rent....I keep just enough on hand to provide for my son...and the rest goes to drugs. Before I know what's happened, I'm sitting at one of my dealer's houses being talked into shooting one for the first time. It was such a glorious sensation....I was immediately hooked. After that? I spiraled. Down. Down. Down. I hid it well. When I met my husband, I was spending at least 300 dollars a day on drugs if I could hustle it up.....and, sadly, he was too.

We got married. We said we'd kick it together-we tried cold turkey-herbal cocktails from the Internet. Needless to say, we failed....and one day wayyyyyy later....we realized we'd hit rock bottom when we'd blown through a 6300 dollar tax return in just over a week. It was that one simple realization that kicked us in to gear and painted a good picture of what we'd become. The day we got on Suboxone was one of THE most painful, but rewarding, days of our entire lives. We haven't looked back since. That has been a long time ago, and just thinking about that life now makes my heart race and my palms sweat.

So, you see? Some of it is environmental, but it doesn't start solely because of your upbringing. I believe my descent into drug use was fueled by the stress of single parenting, money matters, divorce, a desire for some kind of happiness-even of it was chemically induced-and a strong genetic predisposition from both sides of my family-a lot of alcoholics on both sides and a few addicts on my dad's side. I'm not kidding when I tell you that I had seriously convinced myself that I was better WITH them than I was without.

However, you DO have a lot of folks who have had bad childhoods. Those are the people who start using earlier in life. They truly have a harder time putting it down because, as They tell you in groups-you pretty much stop aging mentally the day you start to use, and that only starts back up again when you put it down. So, they have more to contend with mentally. They basically have to learn to be adults when they've spent the last 5+ years or more as a kid. It's so hard to do. It's like climbing Everest....with no map, no gear and a horrible sense of direction.

Addiction is all encompassing and strikes all walks of life-rich, poor, 14 or 85. I've met them all. One person's drive will always differ from someone else's-childhood, untreated mental illness, jobs, finances, physical pain,...the list goes on.

In the end? It all comes down to the choices YOU make. You can blame everyone on planet earth and make excuses until you're blue in the face....but the decision belongs solely to you.

...except the same thing has happened in surrounding counties, and this kind of crime isn't common. If this was normally the way locals handled things in the county you would've heard about it by now, there's alot of drugs, this is different. I think it's revenge just think it's with some really bad people that deal with drugs. Besides that this reporter profiled a whole county by two people, pretty shoddy reporting. It's the Daily Beast though, can't expect too much.

Not fond of the reporting at all, but, quote: "said if you were the type of person to smoke weed or pop pills you had probably heard of the Rhoden’s, at least some of the younger ones." I do think that their general lifestyle put them at risk of running afoul of someone who has really taken issue with something they've done. I'm not sure of the who's or why's but someone felt some real hate for these people. Especially the one who was shot nine times. I cannot imagine shooting someone one time, let alone nine! That's a lot of rage.

This is long, but I wanted to tell you my story in hopes maybe you can understand addiction itself a little better....

As for me...I had two loving, supportive, comfortably middle class parents. I never wanted for anything, and aside from some tumultuous-but drug free-teenage years, my childhood was wonderful. I would not trade it for a million mansions in Beverly Hills. My husbands was exactly the same.

My very first foray into drugs was the result of the flu that resulted in two painfully ruptured eardrums. I was an uninsured single mother at the time, so the doctor was less important to me than making sure my rent check cleared. So, I waited....until I was practically deaf because of two severe double ear infections that ended very, very badly.

When the first one ruptured, i ended up giving in and going to the ER, where, as I was sitting on a gurney....the other one popped. They tried to admit me for fever, but I refused because I had no insurance, so they gave me a ton of antibiotics and a bottle of Percocet for the pain. Mind you, I was completely ignorant of opiates that day...

Once I felt better, I quit taking them and sat them aside, only to grab one late one evening when I couldn't sleep, thinking it would help. Strangely....once it kicked in I realized that not only did I relax....but my mood shifted in a way that was nice....

I take another...and notice that if I move around after I take them instead of trying to sleep, I'm actually energized and happy. I get more done at home and at work in one day than i usually do, and I'm quite cheerful about everything to boot!

This goes on until the bottle is gone....and while I'm not addicted at this point, they're on my radar. I end up with another bottle some months later after having a wisdom tooth pulled. I do not use them for pain...I use them for pleasure because I knew what they could do for me.

After this? I start gently plotting to find more. I rack up a few doctors bills that I can't pay...then I run into an old high school friend who sells them. I pawn my jewelry....some of it heirloom. Slowly, I lose my apartment and have to move back in with my parents where there is no rent....I keep just enough on hand to provide for my son...and the rest goes to drugs. Before I know what's happened, I'm sitting at one of my dealer's houses being talked into shooting one for the first time. It was such a glorious sensation....I was immediately hooked. After that? I spiraled. Down. Down. Down. I hid it well. When I met my husband, I was spending at least 300 dollars a day on drugs if I could hustle it up.....and, sadly, he was too.

We got married. We said we'd kick it together-we tried cold turkey-herbal cocktails from the Internet. Needless to say, we failed....and one day wayyyyyy later....we realized we'd hit rock bottom when we'd blown through a 6300 dollar tax return in just over a week. It was that one simple realization that kicked us in to gear and painted a good picture of what we'd become. The day we got on Suboxone was one of THE most painful, but rewarding, days of our entire lives. We haven't looked back since. That has been a long time ago, and just thinking about that life now makes my heart race and my palms sweat.

So, you see? Some of it is environmental, but it doesn't start solely because of your upbringing. I believe my descent into drug use was fueled by the stress of single parenting, money matters, divorce, a desire for some kind of happiness-even of it was chemically induced-and a strong genetic predisposition from both sides of my family-a lot of alcoholics on both sides and a few addicts on my dad's side. I'm not kidding when I tell you that I had seriously convinced myself that I was better WITH them than I was without.

However, you DO have a lot of folks who have had bad childhoods. Those are the people who start using earlier in life. They truly have a harder time putting it down because, as They tell you in groups-you pretty much stop aging mentally the day you start to use, and that only starts back up again when you put it down. So, they have more to contend with mentally. They basically have to learn to be adults when they've spent the last 5+ years or more as a kid. It's so hard to do. It's like climbing Everest....with no map, no gear and a horrible sense of direction.

Addiction is all encompassing and strikes all walks of life-rich, poor, 14 or 85. I've met them all. One person's drive will always differ from someone else's-childhood, untreated mental illness, jobs, finances, physical pain,...the list goes on.

In the end? It all comes down to the choices YOU make. You can blame everyone on planet earth and make excuses until you're blue in the face....but the decision belongs solely to you.

That very last paragraph! Amen sister! I was raised surrounded by addicts of all sorts. Functioning addicts who had nice things and got up every single day and went to work. I have never had any desire to experiment with anything beyond occasionally drinking wine or beer and in the past did burn some! It is our free will and decisions that gets us where we are today!

As for you, congratulations on your achievement and this is something that you should always be proud of! Not only have you accepted sole responsibility for your actions, you've also turned your life around! Much respect for people who own up to their mistakes and take action to change them!

Local growers and dealers would have a hard time hiding a lot of cash in their mobile homes, etc. Were there any local banks or other financial organizations that could have been involved in helping launder local drug money?

If I were investigating and suspected the possibility of a "bigger fish" I would find it hard to deny my suspicions especially if I found connections to bankers, investment brokers, and individuals that happen to currently hold positions at the deed office, IRS tax auditors...but then again I'm not an investigator, just a websleuth...with a wild imagination I guess :)

Please delete if not allowed.
The last post made by HHG in her FB page reads
"If im not needed or wanted then I'll leave! 😠👍👌"

Was there trouble brewing between her and FR? Or someone else?

I just find find this chilling, that the next day she WAS gone

I don't see that.

I have seen your story played out as well. Congratulations on your success! :) I was never around any type of drugs, or alcohol, really, growing up. My mother was a stay at home mom, we lived on a farm, had nearly everything we wanted and anything we needed. The biggest thing I ever saw in my family's home was a 1/2 pint of liquor for bourbon balls, at Christmas, or a six pack of beer that lasted a year b/c my father would on rare occasion drink one, while watching a ballgame. Had zero clue about anything else but a little pot that floated around in h.s. and I didn't really care for it that much. I never had an addiction problem. But I've watched others spiral out of control. I've lived with them. I've done my share, left home young and was never naive or sheltered again, but I was never addicted. For some, they could not walk away. Your story played out with more than one good church going family's children around here. Totally destroyed their families. But to blame parents, as in "Where were her parents?!" or, to say, "I'm going to murder that dealer, it's their fault my son is dead!!" It's simply not true. Yes, there are cases where parents allow a child to deal drugs out of their home, or partake in them under their roof, but some parents just don't see any other way and they feel their child will not make it if they turn them out. Others are so caught up in it themselves that the parent/child line blurs. Drugs/alcohol have caused my family much pain, but in the end, as you said, it boils down to choices. Choices to use, to get clean, and to stay clean.

Here's some craziness for ya'll....
Today at a gas station here in KY I saw a kid that looked identical to the pics I've seen of Chris Jr. He was driving a lil Ford ranger. True doppelganger, I swear.

Fast forward to tonight. I just woke up from a very vivid dream that must have been sparked by that. In this dream all these people were still alive(including the newsomes). I dreamed the Fbi got some kind of info from them that was important and confidential. Then they were put into the witness protection program and the Fbi made it look like they were killed off so they could assume new identities.....I've been thinking about this case and watching the ID channel far too much!!! Lol

**This was a dream, please do not think I'm suggesting this insanity as a theory. 

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

I've thought about that. I would love that to be true.

My story is very similar to yours. Middle class parents, great childhood, college graduate. Addiction doesn't give a crap about who you are.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Filming is underway for a movie based on a 1989 murder in Pike County, Kentucky.
"Above the Suspicion" is based on the murder of Susan Smith. She was killed by FBI agent Mark Putnam.
Smith was an informant for Putnam. They also were romantically involved.
Putnam admitted to strangling Smith, a mother of two and wife of a local drug dealer.

Full article here.

Not the Pike County we've been discussing, but I know some people had mentioned informants, LE involvement, etc. Interesting story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn