OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have no idea if they are or aren't. If they are, it is not for a few hundred seedlings (which if they are still alive means someone has been watering them in the evidence impound -- hmmmm). If there is pharmaceutical diversion going on, or some scrip mills and dirty docs, that gets their attention. Big quantities get their attention.

Yes, the DEA is involved, or at least was fairly early on.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ohio-shooting-idUSKCN0XO2S6

I think maybe the significance of their involvement might have been over shadowed by the mention of the FBI being involved. This story was dated April 27th.

On Wednesday DeWine said the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration has been involved in the investigation from the start, as has the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

"They are providing some technical expertise. We're not going to talk about exactly what they are doing," DeWine said.

"We do not want to give the killer or killers any indication of where this investigation is going," said DeWine, who said he presumed any perpetrator would be following the news.

Exactly, it's no longer you wanting the drug, it's the drug running your system and u are just a shell.

Still can't figure out multiple quotes in one post :/

Here's what works for me.

Click the multi post symbol (extreme right) of the first post you wish to quote, then click the next post, etc.

After you've selected the posts, click on Reply To Thread.

I'm not convinced they intentionally made the family look bad. I mean, that first shock wave about the murders and pot and possible cockfighting. I really think there's something in there, somewhere. We can honor someone's life by caring that their killer(s) are brought to justice. It really doesn't matter if they lived the country club American dream white picket fence thing. Sadly, facts are facts. Justice is still justice. And murder is still wrong.

They absolutely made them look bad. "We are not going to release any information about this case. Because we do not want to jeopardize a conviction." (DA actually leaves the podium at this point, then returns.) "By the way..... the victims had marijuana grow ops in 3 of 4 crime scenes. They were not small they were sophisticated and commercial. We also noticed roosters in small cages consistent with *advertiser censored* fighting."

Thats the last info we received from LE about the case really. I guess they said they had video after that and took the trailers to "preserve the scenes". They played it and made the family look bad so people wouldn't pay attention.

Has anyone else noticed that JJ's FB is gone, or am I just not finding it, or was it never there to begin with and I'm losing my mind that I remember seeing it?

They absolutely made them look bad. "We are not going to release any information about this case. Because we do not want to jeopardize a conviction." (DA actually leaves the podium at this point, then returns.) "By the way..... the victims had marijuana grow ops in 3 of 4 crime scenes. They were not small they were sophisticated and commercial. We also noticed roosters in small cages consistent with *advertiser censored* fighting."

Thats the last info we received from LE about the case really. I guess they said they had video after that and took the trailers to "preserve the scenes". They played it and made the family look bad so people wouldn't pay attention.

So, should they have lied? I'm not trying to be rude, just not following.

I'm not convinced they intentionally made the family look bad. I mean, that first shock wave about the murders and pot and possible cockfighting. I really think there's something in there, somewhere. We can honor someone's life by caring that their killer(s) are brought to justice. It really doesn't matter if they lived the country club American dream white picket fence thing. Sadly, facts are facts. Justice is still justice. And murder is still wrong.
Agreed, I just found it odd that it was announced so quickly and so little else has been released.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

The grow op was a reply to a reporters question that many didn't even see, let alone hear as some stations cut it off when they walked away at the end (Reader & DeWine) of the press conference. Less than an hour before the press conference, there was a reporter/tweeter that was going to break the news on the pot grow that day or was at least hinting about the heavy police/swat presence and followed. It's posted here. DeWine heard the question while walking away and walked back and began to spilled it. jmo

The grow op was a reply to a reporters question that many didn't even see, let alone hear as some stations cut it off when they walked away at the end (Reader & DeWine) of the press conference. Less than an hour before the press conference, there was a reporter/tweeter that was going to break the news on the pot grow that day or was at least hinting about the heavy police/swat presence and followed. It's posted here. DeWine heard the question while walking away and walked back and began to spilled it. jmo

What was the DA's response to reporters when they asked him about DS saying cash was spread over KRs body?

Or why speak about *advertiser censored* fighting? No one asked about that.

sorry Dr not starting a fight or attacking you. Just arguing my view in general.

So, should they have lied? I'm not trying to be rude, just not following.

I mean honestly the game *advertiser censored* are hard not to notice anyway. If they were just raising them to sell, or raising them to fight, it was small scale, at least compared to others I've seen around here, but it was there for all the world to see. As for the pot, I mean, it is what it is. It's not like they had an active meth lab. I thought no less of them for pot and game *advertiser censored*, (not that I personally approve of fighting them but it's ingrained in the region) and I'd guess people in the immediate area probably didn't either. Kind of like moonshining and game *advertiser censored* back many years ago was overlooked in the region.

What was the DA's response to reporters when they asked him about DS saying cash was spread over KRs body?

I actually heard the interview on the radio with that question and quite honestly it was the only question he answered and he basically scoffed at it. The interviewer even made a point, after the show, of saying that that was the only question he got an answer for.

I actually heard the interview on the radio with that question and quite honestly it was the only question he answered and he basically scoffed at it. The interviewer even made a point, after the show, of saying that that was the only question he got an answer for.
“It does not sound correct to me, but I’m not going to get into knocking down every rumor,” DeWine said during the WLW interview.
I think the phrasing doesn't rule out the suggestion that there was money, but rather the amount being $1k

I'm in California and not familiar with this DeWine. He does not sound very reputable and basically sounds like a career politician. In my state you don't hear about the AG getting involved, so it's a bit confusing to me. I also live in a small town with many secrets and small town justice, with unsolved crimes and LE has always kept investigations on a local level. I do realize it's like comparing apples to oranges, but this politician is only concerned about his career, not necessarily with solving the crime.

yes that's the right page. It's GONE!!! It was there this evening when I came home from work about 6!!!!

Also, the post about the baby sitting up wasn't there. There was a post about chicken nuggets and fries that is still there, but the post was there, dated April 21. HR had put some??? In the comments and another girl asked if she was ok.

This is is creeping me out. I'm not the first person on WS who has seen SM posts and they have disappeared.
I can see all the post that you just referred to.

“It does not sound correct to me, but I’m not going to get into knocking down every rumor,” DeWine said during the WLW interview.
I think the phrasing doesn't rule out the suggestion that there was money, but rather the amount being $1k

Was the question phrased by the reporter asking if there was an amount of $1000? I honestly don't remember how the reporter phrased question. if we are assuming dewine was using the exact amount to doge the question, couldn't he have done something along the same lines with any other question? Also if that is true id personally question dewines credibility on any info that was provided by him if front of a mic on the spot.

Was the question phrased by the reporter asking if there was an amount of $1000? I honestly don't remember how the reporter phrased question. if we are assuming dewine was using the exact amount to doge the question, couldn't he have done something along the same lines with any other question? Also if that is true id personally question dewines credibility on any info that was provided by him if front of a mic on the spot.

Oh, gosh. I can't remember now! Let me see if I can find the interview...

Edit: Found the interview. Now listening. Will report back.

"There was a report this morning at a website, said that car repairman Donald Stone, 44, told how he found the body of his cousin, Kenneth Rhoden lying in bed with a single bullet wound to the head. Stone revealed that Rhoden's corpse, from its knees down, was shrewn with dollar bills which may have been a sinister message from the killer. Can you confirm whether or not that is factually accurate?"
"No, I can't confirm that, no. I mean, I'm gonna tell ya, I've kind of looked through some of the media reports and different anonymous sources sometimes, and quoted and, just, there's a lot of rumors out there that are just dead wrong."
"Okay, can you tell us that's wrong? Can you say that's wrong?"
"Uh, it does not sound correct to me. It does not sound correct to me. But I'm not gonna, I'm not gonna get into knocking down every rumor."

http://www.700wlw.com/onair/bill-cunningham-227/pike-county-update-14651193/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member