TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It blows my mind that there are still people who can look at that picture of the car and think it is parked behind the building. From the first time i looked at it, i felt like it was very obvious that it was at the end of the main entrance waiting to turn on the hwy. Can't we agree that this is where it was in fact parked. MOO

We would know better if LE would kindly release ALL of the video of the car. If it was exiting, fine, but at some point it ENTERED. We would see the front of the car, and possibly be able to determine if there was one or two people in it, as well as any markings on the front. LE obliquely mentioned the possibility of there being a passenger, as I recall. JMO

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-science-communications/fsc/april2000/twgcsi.pdf

Im giving away free gifts here today for everyone. Feeling very generous. Actually its just a handy little tidbit to have on your desktop which you could have found on your own if you were so inclined. However due to my need for attention I felt I should pull an Oprah or Ellen,,, You get a free book, and you get a free book and well,,, Everyone gets a free guide to Forensics Today!!!!!!

The new info today regarding friend requests being sent from MBs FB account is interesting to me because of this quote "The weekend before the attack, Bevers attended a Camp Gladiator gathering in Austin.A source has told the I-Team some of the people who attended that event were also recipients of the recent Facebook friend requests."

That suggests to me that someone is wanting to either scare OR get information from a select group of people. This isn't just a random FB fubar.

I looked and and could not find any new accounts in MBs name. This may be someone with excellent computer skills, even a hacker. I say that because it appears the requests came from her original FB page.

Something about that CG weekend was not good. Someone may have been really angered by something that happened there, and I am beginning to believe Missy may have been killed because of it!

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/25/midlothian-murder-investigation-turns-eerie/

There were a lot of photos from Austin where Missy tagged people, so I think it's probably just that their info and Missy's friends list made it easy for them to click on people and make a friend request.

In my opinion the person who created the fake Missy FB etc. is most likely an internet troll drawn to the case. These folks live for inserting themselves, creating drama and the focus becomes on their work rather than the victim and finding the perp. I am frustrated that the media picked up on this nonsense and it has become a distraction. To try and "friend" people who attended the Austin meeting is easy to do by stalking Missy's contacts. The CG staff all have their profiles open to the public as a marketing tool, but unfortunatly it also makes them victims of the activities of the trolls.

It it absolutely shocks me that people have personal info on FB for the public to see. Pictures of their children for goodness sakes!
imagegif

Yes, I am seeing eyeliner too. JMO

How on earth would it be possible to see eyeliner on an altered, enhanced, pixelated enlargement of a screen shot taken from poor quality surveillance footage of a perpetrator with a helmet with a face protector on it? I'm missing something here.

And if it were possible to enhance the footage in such a way, why hasn't LE done so and released it to help get an identity?

It blows my mind that there are still people who can look at that picture of the car and think it is parked behind the building. From the first time i looked at it, i felt like it was very obvious that it was at the end of the main entrance waiting to turn on the hwy. Can't we agree that this is where it was in fact parked. MOO

Thank you.. I was having trouble placing the position of the car, myself.. but that makes perfect sense to me.

If it were parked in front of a wall you would see the shine of the headlights on the wall, which you do not see.
What I do see is a white line near the top and a slight curved edge on the far left.

The droopy eyelid could also mean that it is someone in their mid to late 40's or slightly older. (Trust me, I KNOW this phenomenon all too well) :facepalm:

MrcPC, great work! I read in several places on this case and this is the best pic I have seen yet. Good job!

And....we have to remember the helmet. If it's squishing the face or pulling or pushing skin in, it could change the eye feature. But still super creepy!! :/ Good Work!

OH NO!! Just received this message from LinkedIn this am.

Notice of Data Breach
You may have heard reports recently about a security issue involving LinkedIn. We would like to make sure you have the facts about what happened, what information was involved, and the steps we are taking to help protect you.

What Happened?

]On May 17, 2016, we became aware that data stolen from LinkedIn in 2012 was being made available online. This was not a new security breach or hack. We took immediate steps to invalidate the passwords of all LinkedIn accounts that we believed might be at risk. These were accounts created prior to the 2012 breach that had not reset their passwords since that breach.
What Information Was Involved?
Member email addresses, hashed passwords, and LinkedIn member IDs (an internal identifier LinkedIn assigns to each member profile) from 2012.

]What We Are Doing
]We invalidated passwords of all LinkedIn accounts created prior to the 2012 breach that had not reset their passwords since that breach. In addition, we are using automated tools to attempt to identify and block any suspicious activity that might occur on LinkedIn accounts. We are also actively engaging with law enforcement authorities.
LinkedIn has taken significant steps to strengthen account security since 2012. For example, we now use salted hashes to store passwords and enable additional account security by offering our members the option to use two-step verification.

What You Can Do

We have several dedicated teams working diligently to ensure that the information members entrust to LinkedIn remains secure. While we do all we can, we always suggest that our members visit our Safety Center to learn about enabling two-step verification, and implementing strong passwords in order to keep their accounts as safe as possible. We recommend that you regularly change your LinkedIn password and if you use the same or similar passwords on other online services, we recommend you set new passwords on those accounts as well.

For More Information

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Trust & Safety team at tns-help@linkedin.com. To learn more visit our official blog.

I thought it might have been a fishing email so I looked it up and it appears to be true, oh how sad! I suspect this all came about from this case~~~I'm now starting to believe LE may not know who killed MB.

https://blog.linkedin.com/2016/05/18/protecting-our-members

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sunsetbeach I don't know what that is but I thought the same thing when I saw it. It really does look like a person facing the wall with something in the hand. Kinda spooky.

This was discussed many threads ago. If I remember correctly, someone who is familiar with the church stated that it's a long coat hanging on a portable coat hanger type thing.

Yes, that's what I was going to say too. I remember someone saying that it was a coat rack with a coat hanging on it. When it was first spotted, I rewatched the video and it never moved. Then person came on to explain it was a coat rack.

I know there are quite a few people who comment here that think Missy was lured inside the church by this perpetrator. I think this is highly unlikely. First of all, Missy wasn't stupid. If she saw someone dressed in a "Police" outfit but there wasn't any police car outside, she would have immediately known something wasn't right. If the perp had said "Ma'am, we're investigating a burglary here, we'll need you to come inside so we can get your information," she would have immediately known something wasn't right, because why would cops invite someone into a crime scene?

This perp was dressed head to toe for two reasons - first and foremost, to avoid identification, and second, to avoid injury. They didn't want to be identified by the cameras, they didn't want to leave a stray hair behind, they didn't want to leave fingerprints, they didn't want to leave shoe prints, they didn't want to leave any DNA. They took extreme precautions to avoid doing all of these things. To the best of our knowledge, it appears as though they managed to hide their mode of transportation as well, and I would be willing to bet they didn't have a cell phone with them. This perp was very detailed in his/her preparations. If they had alerted Missy to their presence, she would have had an opportunity to run and/or an opportunity to fight back. To me, it's clear the perp did NOT want either of these two things to happen. Therefore, I'm convinced the perp approached Missy from behind, incapacitated her, and then brutally attacked her.

Agree with this 100%

It blows my mind that there are still people who can look at that picture of the car and think it is parked behind the building. From the first time i looked at it, i felt like it was very obvious that it was at the end of the main entrance waiting to turn on the hwy. Can't we agree that this is where it was in fact parked.

I think we can all agree that this is what you think you saw in the pic. As for me and some (maybe many?) of the others here, as for whether we saw a road in front of that car, not so much. Looks much more like a wall to me.

But I don't think it really matters in any way. So there's that.

I think we can all agree that this is what you think you saw in the pic. As for me and some (maybe many?) of the others here, as for whether we saw a road in front of that car, not so much. Looks much more like a wall to me.

I would like to know why since technology has gotten so good one can be followed to the ends of the earth but they cant make surveillance cams good enough to catch a license plate lit up like day ? Really frustrating

OH NO!! Just received this message from LinkedIn this am.

Notice of Data Breach
You may have heard reports recently about a security issue involving LinkedIn. We would like to make sure you have the facts about what happened, what information was involved, and the steps we are taking to help protect you.

What Happened?

]On May 17, 2016, we became aware that data stolen from LinkedIn in 2012 was being made available online. This was not a new security breach or hack. We took immediate steps to invalidate the passwords of all LinkedIn accounts that we believed might be at risk. These were accounts created prior to the 2012 breach that had not reset their passwords since that breach.
What Information Was Involved?
Member email addresses, hashed passwords, and LinkedIn member IDs (an internal identifier LinkedIn assigns to each member profile) from 2012.

]What We Are Doing
]We invalidated passwords of all LinkedIn accounts created prior to the 2012 breach that had not reset their passwords since that breach. In addition, we are using automated tools to attempt to identify and block any suspicious activity that might occur on LinkedIn accounts. We are also actively engaging with law enforcement authorities.
LinkedIn has taken significant steps to strengthen account security since 2012. For example, we now use salted hashes to store passwords and enable additional account security by offering our members the option to use two-step verification.

What You Can Do

We have several dedicated teams working diligently to ensure that the information members entrust to LinkedIn remains secure. While we do all we can, we always suggest that our members visit our Safety Center to learn about enabling two-step verification, and implementing strong passwords in order to keep their accounts as safe as possible. We recommend that you regularly change your LinkedIn password and if you use the same or similar passwords on other online services, we recommend you set new passwords on those accounts as well.

For More Information

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Trust & Safety team at tns-help@linkedin.com. To learn more visit our official blog.

I thought it might have been a fishing email so I looked it up and it appears to be true, oh how sad! I suspect this all came about from this case~~~I'm now starting to believe LE may not know who killed MB.

https://blog.linkedin.com/2016/05/18/protecting-our-members

This is not because of this case. This has been on the news. I got this email last week and changed my password.

Hey folks,

If you're replying to a post, please hit the "reply with quote" button and address the post. I'm sorry, but some posts aren't making any sense and it's making it hard to follow along.

:tyou:

Totally agree that it doesnt matter. Just bothered me that people were making it out that this car was hiding behind the store, blah blah blah.......and there is absolutly no evidence of that whats so ever. trying to make a theory about something thats totally not there. JMO

Totally agree that it doesnt matter. Just bothered me that people were making it out that this car was hiding behind the store, blah blah blah.......and there is absolutly no evidence of that whats so ever. trying to make a theory about something thats totally not there. JMO

That's their right, unless the mods declare otherwise. My only problem is it got stated as fact, and it obviously is opinion. MOO

We each believe what our eyes and brain circuitry tell us. Steve is right; it doesn't really matter. But as I keep saying, it would have been really helpful if LE had released the video, which, by logic, MUST EXIST, of the vehicle ENTERING the business property. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox