TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all matters to me. But in defense of the situation as they knew it at the time (assuming here) all the Campers knew was she something happened she was unresponsive. We know from the iPhone&iPad SW, that a call at 506am (unknown if this is a rounded up call to 5am or another call from those 2) but it clearly states that caller stated she was not breathing and was deceased. View attachment 95418 JMHO situation as it appeared at the time, *the EMT arrived 1 min later, were already on way*, not being a crime riddled area or thinking was a murder scene,is why they went in, possibly hurt herself ... we are not privy to the 911 calls. Which I think are full of potential info. jmho
I agree with that. I'm not really on either side here, I see this as small town where there isn't a lot of this type of crime and the lack of info possibly portrayed to 911 makes EVERYONE'S actions differ or of the norm.
Just concerning to me that these invaluable medics could have been in extreme harms way without them even knowing. I bet they walked away from there that day doing a holy crap what just happened.
??? did we or anyone ever find out if there is a link, or true that the first people to find MB were EMT's?
In my state, every 911 call sends (in this order) FD, police and then medics. Usually, the FD start some sort of assessment and treatment ahead of the medics getting there. It's possible the EMT's were with the FD , IDK for sure how texas does it.
How close is the station they would have been dispatched out of? Does anyone know? For it to only take 1 minute to get there is quite remarkable. JMO

Question: what does "BBM" mean? Looked it up on urban dictionary and.........oh my

Here, it means "Bolded By Me". It's a way to quote someone and highlight the part of the post you're addressing in your response. So, in your question, the "Looked it up" part was BBM (bolded by me).

Respectfully, I agree ^^^^. Having said that, my point was that the original members post was that this was a myth that the Medics did not go in first and implied that it just does not happen and that we are getting screwed up on timelines. We were not there, so I personally just have the documents and statements to go by. I know is that the document I provided stated otherwise and not a "myth"

I did not say anyone was screwed up on timelines ever. I said they would not enter until PD arrived. Period. The EMT, Fire, very well may have arrived first but we don't enter intil PD clears the scene for safety. I never once said the timeline was screwed up. As well now that I search, it appears it very well have bean volunteet EMT on the scene first, which is a different animal than FF/PM or Paramedic sevice which opperates under the license of the ER doc, and in my case the ME. I can declare someone deceased while I have either on the phone. No disrepect to my fellow volunteer life savers. Just a huge difference.

I undetstand, however this is not how it should have happened. I now see that PD states this, yet, ot is not procedure and could come up later in trial. Trust me, I am not a heartless human being. I will do everything I can to save another, my point was, we do not rush into scenes of this nature. And it is not common practice. Did it happen here? Possibly, or maybe it just makes people feel better. JBH.

Oh I understand. And I totally agree, it can and most likely will at trial, no doubt. I have no doubt in my heart or mind that you are not heartless, or that you would not do anything in your power to save another. I totally understand and agree with the hold back... not knowing. But in this instance my only point was that it was not a myth in this case as you posted, that that is what was stated. Just trying to keep it factual (especially since I have referred to the Timeline so many times myself) :grouphug:

SandyQLS, it's interesting that you bring up FPS. I have now heard FPS mentioned twice this month, after not even knowing of their existence before this month. The first time I became aware of them was early this month when there were multiple shootings in Maryland in which the shooter was an FPS officer. You can Google his name - Eulalio Tordil. He is not a light-skinned person, and I doubt he was in Texas. It's an interesting case. He was on administrative leave from his FPS job because of a protective order filed against him by his estranged wife. He shot her in a school parking lot where she was picking up the kids. Later, he shot two other people during attempted carjackings before being arrested. There is also a reference to - wait for it - a rental car. I know I'm chasing rabbits and there won't be any correlation to the MB case, but your FPS reference did get me thinking. Wishful thinking. If this world were more perfect, we would find out that Eulalio Tordil, after being put on leave from his job, traveled to Texas where he made a rash decision to break into a church and it just so happened that MB showed up. That would put a nice big bow on it, wouldn't it?
I read about that case, too. I actually was considering someone borrowing gear from a SO. I went down a rabbit hole from possible left bumper sticker with a letter V, to an internet tour of the Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA), and then stumbled into to FPS. I didn't know the VA has its own police either with 2800 personnel nationwide (includes sworn officers and other). They are real police with K9's, guns, badges and... SWAT gear. At Wikipedia link, the VA eagle is shown as well as the VAPD badge. I was looking for that particular eagle with wings up&out and head lowered, back when we were looking at SwatPerp's left breast insignia. This emblem appears on many VA items. There is a large Dallas VA Medical Center campus on Lancaster Road, and probably another large VA admin office building somewhere in DFW - so there are VAPD in DFW (as in most major metro areas). I was NOT able to determine anything further about the possible left bumper sticker on the Altima, but I did find photos of VAPD and FPS that interested me. The VAPD chief photo with the drill sergeant (forest ranger) hat has gold insignia (rank and file have silver), but see the different badge and hat emblem - I had thought that the hat emblem looks more like what SwatPerp had on their chest or vest - NOW I am all over the place on what it is (but at least I found the eagle I was looking for at the VA! now that I don't think it looks like that eagle). SwatPerp's paraphernalia could be anything, badge or sewn on - all I can really say is that IMO the object is not as bright white as the POLICE letter or the white shirt collar. I remember a local said that the SwatPerp outfit might be a combination of real and fake pieces. Also, some poster had a list of all the local depts. that would have SWAT gear, but they missed active military police, Nat Guard and all these other federal groups. The other photo is two Chicago VAPD cops training. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Veterans_Affairs_Police

Attachments

• NorCal chief hat EAGLE.jpg
    NorCal chief hat EAGLE.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 72
  • chicagovapd1.jpg
    chicagovapd1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 74
Question...

LE stated they saw a car, no description, April 19
Was that on the SW side of building?
Is that the same side as the gun shop?

LOL we don't know ;) not been privy to that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea