TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. :) I was mainly referring to LE strategy for catching the SP. If they increased the reward money right now, what would you think? Would you think LE was at a dead end?
I would think LE was at dead end

Respectfully, I have not heard any color/description of the veh your speaking of. Only of the Altima at the SWFA. JMHO

Published Tues, April 19, 2016

Johnson said a vehicle can be seen on the video may belong to the killer, but there's not enough information to give the public. "There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

To be fair Sunsetbeach is not daffy. I read that there was a light colored or gray vehicle was seen off in the distance on the video before the info about the Altima was released. <modsnip>

Someone posted that the paramedics without regard would rush in, and due to the timeline of them arriving, people assumed they saw the victim first. I want to dispel this myth, that is why it got started. It also goes to future possible discussion of the Paramedicts compromising the scene. It is important for many reasons. Why is the Altima important? Because it may be evidence or it may not. Transfer DNA on Missy may become important in the future.

re: your previous posts in this thread. <modsnip> the idea that the SwatPerp tried to cleanup the scene originated with the DailyMail (sorry, I didn't save link) and then it was repeated by NG on one of her shows. IIRC the 'cleanup' was never stated by LE. On the Saran wrap box, JMO but that is an illusion in optics known as 'rectangular prism' making the tool (mole wrench) look like a 3D box when it isn't. This optical illusion occurred because the SwatPerp is swinging his left arm in the video while he hammers with his right, the object is shiny metal and reflects, and there is the dim hallway lights, plus camera's own light.

[h=3]PD Still Searching For Suspect In Murder Of Fitness Instructor Missy ...
sb_safeannotation.png
[/h]dfw.cbslocal.com/.../pd-no-family-members-are-suspects-in-murder-of-fitness-i...

KTVT

6 days ago - &#8220;We believe that car is a 2010 to 2012 Nisan Altima, it's light in color ... Vehicle of interest, murder investigation of Missy Bevers, 2010-12 silver

Posted a different news source earlier. CBS also states "light or silver"

To be fair Sunsetbeach is not daffy. I read that there was a light colored or gray vehicle was seen off in the distance before the info about the Altima was released. <modsnip>

'There&#8217;s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,' Johnson said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isly-early-morning-slaying-fitness-coach.html

April 20-22

No colour or description

Jmo, as sensational as the Daily Mail is, they have often been right in cases of crime stories.

I completely agree with what KTRCA is saying and yes I too am familiar with the operating standard procedure that is "supposed" to be followed. I don't think we need to attack our member for her/his opinions regarding the faith she has placed that this procedure was followed.
What bothers me, is IF the timeline is right and the search warrant is right, what does that say? I mean we are talking about something that may have not been followed procedure wise, OR was and the SW and timeline is off.
It does matter in my opinion!

It all matters to me. But in defense of the situation as they knew it at the time (assuming here) all the Campers knew was she something happened she was unresponsive. We know from the iPhone&iPad SW, that a call at 506am (unknown if this is a rounded up call to 5am or another call from those 2) but it clearly states that caller stated she was not breathing and was deceased. Snip iPhone iPad SW.JPG JMHO situation as it appeared at the time, *the EMT arrived 1 min later, were already on way*, not being a crime riddled area or thinking was a murder scene,is why they went in, possibly hurt herself ... we are not privy to the 911 calls. Which I think are full of potential info. jmho

We don't know what condition she was in. Sadly, her head may have been cracked open.............it may have been so obvious that she was dead to the two who found her that they knew she had been assaulted. The call was reporting unresponsive JMO but EMS declared her deceased. YUCK. Sorry for the campers...........very traumatic. JMO

Respectfully BBM .... EMS did not declare her deceased. Ellis County Justice of the Peace Bill Woody did that. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523272#post12523272

Since the perp went to such great lengths to disguise physical appearance, then IMO, the perp probably didn't drive his/her own car. I just can't imagine going to that much effort to disguise the total appearance, then pull up to the church in a vehicle that would link directly to the owner.

With all do Respect. According to the report read by Chief Smith at the April 18 Press conference and posted on the MPD FB page, Medics were on scene and attending to the unresponsive female as Police Officers entered the church http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523272#post12523272

No, it WAS stated by LE that there was an attempt at cleanup. I believe it was in the Apr. 22 press conference, but I'm too lazy to go look it up. LOL.

EDIT: arkansasmimi, I didn't intend to reply to your post, I was intending to reply to whoever said that if they recalled correctly, LE never said there was an attempt at cleanup.

Sorry for the confusion. The reply with quote is really hinky today.

[QUOTE=Cannonball3804;12588221]This is just IMO. Remember that Midlothian is a relatively small town with a limited number of LE. Their first instinct might have been to put all available hands out on a search for a blood covered perp....The scene processing is done by CSI folks with oversight from detectives. Neither of those would be out cruising the streets for someone in tactical gear; the police officers would be doing that. So I don't get why they didn't keep everything locked down til at least the end of that first week.[/QUOTE]

^ bbm sbm ^ Ltd number of LEOs is right.
http://tx-midlothian.civicplus.com/index.aspx?NID=162 = MPD Crim. Investigation Div. = 1 Commander, 1CID Sergeant, 1 CID Corporal, & 3 investigators.
Looks like the three are jack of all trades, so to speak.

C.I.D Investigators handle both adult and juvenile cases involving:
  • Crimes against persons, such as homicide, robbery, sexual assault, and harassment
  • Crimes against property, such asburglary and theft, arson, fraud, and criminal mischief
  • Missing persons
  • Runaways
  • Narcotic Offenses

From 2015 MPD Annual Report at http://tx-midlothian.civicplus.com/Archive.aspx?ADID=3774
Cases Filed by CID
Felonies
2014……….397
2015……….365
Misdemeanors
2014……….175
2015……….235

"They receive advanced training in criminal investigations, sexual crimes, child crimes, identity theft, on-line crimes, property crime, crime scene investigations, photography, latent print and DNA collection, and other topics."

If course there were safety issues! Someone bludgeoned to death with instruments around them and glass. We don't even enter medical scenes without PD. I have many stories of medical calls not trauma where the scene was not safe. Call came in from girlfriend that BF was having stomach pain and short of breath, we got there, GF fled the scene BF on the ground with a GS wound to the stomach. Of course he had stomach pain and shortness of breath. We don't take anytbing for granted. 911 calls usually result in 1\3 of the info you need. Tnis is standard practice. I will put the proof on you. Show me a document that states otherwise. I'm not trying to be argumenative, but I've been doing this a long time.

Medics attending inside when officers entered the church http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523272#post12523272

Quick poll:

Thank this post if you think the police know exactly who killed Missy, and are just biding their time and being busy collecting and procuring evidence before they hit us, BAM!, with an arrest and watertight case.

Quick poll:

Thank this post if you think the police have no idea who did it, are clutching at straws trying to get a confession from perp or a tip off from someone else, and the case is about to go cold.

RBBM. And perhaps they are somewhere between those two extremes. But I hope that they know. JMHO.

RBBM. And perhaps they are somewhere between those two extremes. But I hope that they know. JMHO.

Very true, and I did consider putting a middle option in. I was just curious to know who had a stronger feeling either way and so far about two thirds still have optimism on their side. Personally, I switch from one to the other depending on the mood I'm in!

Very brave of them, and they clearly put their job ahead of their own safety, and they should be commended for trying. I don't think we're necessarily saying they didn't do that, just that it's standard training not to enter a situation of potential danger without LE. I've always been taught to try not to disturb a crime scene, if possible, but also not to allow anything to interfere with treatment of the patient. It sounds to me as though the campers who found MB either did not know it was a crime scene, or did not convey enough information to the dispatch for the arriving EMTs to be cautious.

Respectfully, my comment you quoted was in reference to this one. Just trying to keep it in context. The OP was stating he/she was trying to dispel myth. It is not a myth, its in the MPD released document and was read at the April 18 (date of murder) press conference. Not something others, including myself have posted as a timeline as being our opinion or made up. This came from MPD. I dont think anyone is bashing the EMTs, I know I certainly am not or was not.

Originally Posted by ktrca View Post
Someone posted that the paramedics without regard would rush in, and due to the timeline of them arriving, people assumed they saw the victim first. I want to dispel this myth, that is why it got started. It also goes to future possible discussion of the Paramedicts compromising the scene. It is important for many reasons. Why is the Altima important? Because it may be evidence or it may not. Transfer DNA on Missy may become important in the future.

Respectfully BBM .... EMS did not declare her deceased. Ellis County Justice of the Peace Bill Woody did that. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523272#post12523272

True. And just to clarify some things on this topic that I'm reading (I'm too lazy to go back and do multi-quote):

From the SW: At 5:06 MPD received a call from the church. "The caller advised a femalesubject (later identified as the victim Terri Bevers) was at the location and was notbreathing and was deceased."

It then goes on to say, "As first responders arrived on scene they observed several exterior and internal doorswith extensive damage to them as well as broken glass throughout the inside of thechurch."

So that's the SW info. And IMO, it is referring to "first responders" without differentiating between the FD medics and the police. I think it it talking about them both.

Then the official press release says this, with some abbreviation by me: "...officers arrived at the location just after FD medics and the medics were attending to the unresponsive female as officers entered the church."

JMO but in reading those two documents together, what I glean from them is that officers were hot on the heels of the medics (medics may have seen their flashing lights behind them before they went in, who knows). Medics did get in there first but remember that the caller to 911 had already advised that the female subject was deceased. So when the medics were "attending to the unresponsive female", I believe they were likely just checking to see if there was a pulse. If the visible injuries were bad enough that the 911 call told them the person was already deceased, then there were probably no lifesaving measures going on. That's JMHO.

I can't say that I completely get all the discussion people are having about medics and officers and patient care versus safety. Although I will throw this out there - if the campers had not found the damage to doors yet and had only come upon MB's body, who knows what their mindset might have been? When you're seeing something that your brain tells you isn't possible, you can jump to all kinds of wrong conclusions. On a rainy night, with glass all around and a person with grave wounds to head and chest, in a church, maybe murder isn't the first thing you jump to. Maybe instead, you wonder if there was some kind of freak accident where she slipped and hit her head on a glass table.

Very brave of them, and they clearly put their job ahead of their own safety, and they should be commended for trying. I don't think we're necessarily saying they didn't do that, just that it's standard training not to enter a situation of potential danger without LE. I've always been taught to try not to disturb a crime scene, if possible, but also not to allow anything to interfere with treatment of the patient. It sounds to me as though the campers who found MB either did not know it was a crime scene, or did not convey enough information to the dispatch for the arriving EMTs to be cautious.

Exactly, the EMTs first concern, should be the treatment of the patient. Preserving a crime scene should be a secondary concern, and for most EMTs I have met, their personal safety would also be a secondary concern too. Most of them are fire fighters, who put their lives on the line on a pretty regular basis anyway. They are not the type of people who put their personal safety first.

riginally Posted by sunsetbeach View Post
Thanks. Ok so maybe I imagined the "light" part. How lit up is that parking lot at night and I wonder which parking lot. The one further out? How easy would it be to see a dark car in the dark (possible rain) and in a far corner of the frame? I still think the Altima plays a bigger role in this. I'm sure that is not the only vehicle that was near that area that night. Why that car? Just because it pulled over? What are your thoughts on the Altima?

[h=3]Missy Bevers' Murder: Police Looking For Mystery Vehicle, A 2010 ...
sb_safeannotation.png
[/h]www.**************/.../missy-bevers-murder-police-looking-for-mystery-vehicle-2010...

3 days ago - Missy Bevers' murder has everyone in Midlothian looking at their ... Missy Bevers' Murder: Police Looking For Mystery Vehicle, A 2010-2012 Nissan Altima [Video] ... Police say it is probably silver, but may be light in color.

[h=3]No you did not imagine the "light" part. I simply think since it was in the immediate area they are hopeful they remember other vehicles or activity in the wee hours that morning or they are part of it.[/h]
Respectfully, original comment was in reference to the April 19th comment about the car in distance. sunsetbeach was thinking that color was noted in that vehicle. And it was not. Thats what his/her comment was in reference to, not the one from May 20th.

I agree MC. Thank you.

It all matters to me. But in defense of the situation as they knew it at the time (assuming here) all the Campers knew was she something happened she was unresponsive. We know from the iPhone&iPad SW, that a call at 506am (unknown if this is a rounded up call to 5am or another call from those 2) but it clearly states that caller stated she was not breathing and was deceased. View attachment 95418 JMHO situation as it appeared at the time, *the EMT arrived 1 min later, were already on way*, not being a crime riddled area or thinking was a murder scene,is why they went in, possibly hurt herself ... we are not privy to the 911 calls. Which I think are full of potential info. jmho
Im sure that would shed light, however ad you stated, we will not know that until those are released. Probably at trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member