OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but I wanna know what "other things" they did.

Ugh, but they may have checked septic tanks, too. We had also considered whether they searched any of the nearby ponds for weapons or evidence. There were a few small ponds along Union Hill Rd, also some along the route to Left Fork Rd.

Why would the killers bother to move him? What would they gain from doing that? Seems it would only take more time, would leave blood and DNA evidence in their vehicle and on their clothing. Could risk causing them to leave shoe or boot prints from having to walk in blood near the victim.

That brings up another question I've wondered about. Depending on ballistics, type of weapon and ammunition, etc. how much blood would the killers have gotten on themselves?
If they were skilled marksmen with small caliber weapons, would there have been a mess? They would have needed to change clothing at some point, either while at the scene or during their escape. They couldn't risk being pulled over wearing bloody clothing.

With so many head shots, I'm guessing they were shot at fairly close range. That doesn't mean there would definitely have been splatter on the shooters, but it could. If the weapon were a higher caliber there would be a greater chance of "backsplash". Powder residue certainly would have been on the shooters. Even if they wore gloves, it would have rested in the threads of their clothing and on their skin. That the Manleys' clothes were taken and they haven't been arrested eliminates them as the shooters, IMO.

We had a well but you couldn't just throw stuff into it. How would a setup work where you could do that?

Maybe there was an old abandoned well on the property. Those are often boarded over on the top. I've heard country folk complain about finding old wells on their property while mowing, etc. Suddenly your tire sinks through some grass, weeds and rotted boards and voila! there's an old well there, that someone boarded up, but didn't record on property records.

If someone knew of an old well on the property, it would have made a good hiding place for things they didn't want found.

They did..

Your original post that started all of this is..

Which I said yes.. We've known this since the beginning. The 4 day old was in the home, in the bed, with her mother.

So why are we now talking about the older sister that wasn't there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh your right sorry, I won't post here any more .I misread 4 day old for 4 year old.

oh your right sorry, I won't post here any more .I misread 4 day old for 4 year old.

Oh, it's ok. :gaah:

This is a complicated case with many victims, crime scenes, family members, etc. IMO, even the news media is struggling to keep it all organized.

Why would the killers bother to move him? What would they gain from doing that? Seems it would only take more time, would leave blood and DNA evidence in their vehicle and on their clothing. Could risk causing them to leave shoe or boot prints from having to walk in blood near the victim.

That brings up another question I've wondered about. Depending on ballistics, type of weapon and ammunition, etc. how much blood would the killers have gotten on themselves?
If they were skilled marksmen with small caliber weapons, would there have been a mess? They would have needed to change clothing at some point, either while at the scene or during their escape. They couldn't risk being pulled over wearing bloody clothing.
We only have DS story to go on. Maybe true maybe not! If walking into 4 homes to kill, something left behind, shoe prints, drips of blood. We dont know if dna under victims nails on clothes.
I think guns are second nature there, like hunting. I do know from some people they will put a bullet in the head of a
pet instead of going to a vet. If more then 1 killer most likely, could move a body like a dead deer.

We had a well but you couldn't just throw stuff into it. How would a setup work where you could do that?

A lot of wellheads just have a cap on top of the well casing and some usually aren't secured very well. Lift the cap off and kerplunk. I've considered getting a padlock for one at my farm. There are two wells there, an 18th century dug well with the old well curb and hand crank bucket, and a drilled well with the capped wellhead and jet pump inside.

You can still post, we were just trying to figure out what you meant and explain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh, but they may have checked septic tanks, too. We had also considered whether they searched any of the nearby ponds for weapons or evidence. There were a few small ponds along Union Hill Rd, also some along the route to Left Fork Rd.

There' also that heart-shaped pond behind one of the victim's properties.

Maybe there was an old abandoned well on the property. Those are often boarded over on the top. I've heard country folk complain about finding old wells on their property while mowing, etc. Suddenly your tire sinks through some grass, weeds and rotted boards and voila! there's an old well there, that someone boarded up, but didn't record on property records.

If someone knew of an old well on the property, it would have made a good hiding place for things they didn't want found.

Ok, thanks. I was used to a buried pumphouse.

Someone asked about the mailboxes being uprooted in the last thread- for what it's worth, whenever I went by the properties they were not uprooted, they were still in the ground.

I really feel like at least one small caliber weapon was used.

The interview with the funeral director read like he prepared for open caskets, while there is pretty good indication of multiple head shots on all but one victim. GR's father did state his son had three shots to the head, did he not?

Then there's CRsr with nine shots. If he was injured by some of the first shots, then lunged at an assailant, several more would be logical to stop him with a small caliber.

... and I just got a bad feeling putting myself in the assailant's shoes.

Pics are on post #13 here, the Media Thread shown on page 1 of this and every thread for this subject. .. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...SCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered

Aerial view of KR's home : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93019&d=1461812434

The building is really just an oversized shed, a frame structure, probably no foundation just sitting on piers or runners like a garden shed. I'm not sure all the openings had doors, seems I recall pics from the ground where the largest opening had no doors. Some speculated that they would put cars in there to work on them, but I have serious doubts on that, a car would probably take the building down when the floor collapsed.

If the tax office descriptions are accurate, DR's place had two basements.

When I looked at the out building/shed on KR place it reminded me of a place you would use to house animals due to the fence around it. Chickens or pig(s) and pigs not for long if they were anything like mine that fence would not hold them long. JMO

Someone asked about the mailboxes being uprooted in the last thread- for what it's worth, whenever I went by the properties they were not uprooted, they were still in the ground.

PO will not deliver on a rural route without a functional box. LE may have taken them down to make sure no mail is delivered there and is forwarded to whatever the new address is.

Pics are on post #13 here, the Media Thread shown on page 1 of this and every thread for this subject. .. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...SCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered

Aerial view of KR's home : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93019&d=1461812434

The building is really just an oversized shed, a frame structure, probably no foundation just sitting on piers or runners like a garden shed. I'm not sure all the openings had doors, seems I recall pics from the ground where the largest opening had no doors. Some speculated that they would put cars in there to work on them, but I have serious doubts on that, a car would probably take the building down when the floor collapsed.

If the tax office descriptions are accurate, DR's place had two basements.

I don't know how I missed seeing that aerial view of KR's house in all of this. I've seen pictures taken from the road (and would like to add that I don't recall doors on it either from those pictures)...but never from above! I've probably referred back to that Media Thread a zillion times for things and STILL missed it. Thank you for that!

It certainly doesn't look like the kind of place that could hold a sophisticated grow operation by any means, and DS's relaying of what he "found" in there certainly doesn't help matters. But, you never know I suppose. It's pretty crazy what you can hide these days!

I honestly looked at KR's place several times and always wondered exactly where a remotely good spot there to work on cars could even be found. I know there is probably a lot I can't and won't ever see, but I would think if he had something to work on he'd take it to CSR's where he had plenty of tools and spare parts if needed. Maybe he and Donald were supposed to go to CSR's that morning and work on them and DS was just going to sleep there so they could get up and ride over together? Just speculation, of course. DS has never mentioned that at all...

DR's basementS are interesting. Would one be under the trailer itself and then another under the build on? Or could one be a cellar? My mom has a basement AND a cellar at her house, and I HATE that cellar. It's like walking down into one of those weird rooms like they have in horror movies with the creepy dangling lightbulb. :)

I noticed one part of it had a chimney in the drive by on the video, so maybe ventilation?

When I looked at the out building/shed on KR place it reminded me of a place you would use to house animals due to the fence around it. Chickens or pig(s) and pigs not for long if they were anything like mine that fence would not hold them long. JMO

My husband immediately noticed the fence as we were just look at the pictures. He wondered if maybe that wasn't where he kept some kind of animal, or maybe let the dog Brownie out to potty?

I thought the same. Can't really see if there's an opening in the rear for animals, and I've not seen any pics of the rear.

Could also just be using the building as fence on that part of the corral.

I really think any pot plants at KR's would have been seedlings started recently and not too many, that shed looks to be really hard to heat. Winter kept coming back this Spring.

I really think any pot plants at KR's would have been seedlings started recently and not too many, that shed looks to be really hard to heat. Winter kept coming back this Spring.

Maybe seedlings, but clones take a lot of the guesswork out when you're running a sizable grow so I personally think that's more likely.

Either way though, I agree with you in thinking that the plants described by DS sound like small plants in veg stage rather than mature flowering plants.

I don't know how I missed seeing that aerial view of KR's house in all of this. I've seen pictures taken from the road (and would like to add that I don't recall doors on it either from those pictures)...but never from above! I've probably referred back to that Media Thread a zillion times for things and STILL missed it. Thank you for that!

It certainly doesn't look like the kind of place that could hold a sophisticated grow operation by any means, and DS's relaying of what he "found" in there certainly doesn't help matters. But, you never know I suppose. It's pretty crazy what you can hide these days!

I honestly looked at KR's place several times and always wondered exactly where a remotely good spot there to work on cars could even be found. I know there is probably a lot I can't and won't ever see, but I would think if he had something to work on he'd take it to CSR's where he had plenty of tools and spare parts if needed. Maybe he and Donald were supposed to go to CSR's that morning and work on them and DS was just going to sleep there so they could get up and ride over together? Just speculation, of course. DS has never mentioned that at all...

DR's basementS are interesting. Would one be under the trailer itself and then another under the build on? Or could one be a cellar? My mom has a basement AND a cellar at her house, and I HATE that cellar. It's like walking down into one of those weird rooms like they have in horror movies with the creepy dangling lightbulb. :)

I noticed one part of it had a chimney in the drive by on the video, so maybe ventilation?

If I had to guess, I'd say they either worked on the cars in the barn up the road, or went over to CR's barns. Could go to one of those car lots as well. Otherwise, they'd have do it outside at KR's.

I've seen a single wide trailer with a full basement underneath, it had stairs off the kitchen. Since DR's is listed as two basements, seems they would be separate areas, not connected. Could be under the main home, or under additions.

I would think basements would be better than a loft for growing. Much easier to control temperature and humidity in a basement, barn lofts or second stories just get too hot. Too much heat/humidity limits crop yield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod