Bosma Murder Trial 06.2.16 - Day 58 - Closing Arguments Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Leitch says only evidence of anything burned was that Millard told Shane Schlatman he burned a deer at the farm. #Bosma

Hmmmmm

Interesting, so was a test on a deer at the farm???

Toronto ON to Ensenada Mexico is 4272km. 5 miles per gallon (Dodge with big trailer) is 56.5 litres/100km. 2414 litres of gas one way. 4828 litres of gas there and back. Add 172 litres for running around Baja area, side trips on way home.
At $1 cdn per liter in 2012, gas would be approx $5000 CDN for a round trip

Perhaps Billandrew can cross check my numbers, I'm not an accountant. (and neither is Lisa Williams) :)

Thats about what I'd expect. A diesel would have been about $4K for the round trip. Does it make sense to spend $2.5K on a gun and $18K on an incinerator to save $1K? Am I missing something here?

I'm not so sure Smich's reference to "chopping" was referring to dismemberment, as it was to modifying the incinerator to make it mobile the way DM wanted it. Exactly the way SS ended up doing by building a trailer just for that purpose.

I'm also not sure why the Crown is saying the conditions were not ideal until May 2013 when DM had that ghastly machine for nearly a year already.

:thinking:

RSBM
How is 3 hrs an "all nighter"? If they did all this in the 3 hrs, they'd be home by midnight.

Thats just the burn. Moving the incinerator, doing the burn, cooling down then disposing of ashes would take all night IMO.

I'm not so sure Smich's reference to "chopping" was referring to dismemberment, as it was to modifying the incinerator to make it mobile the way DM wanted it. Exactly the way SS ended up doing by building a trailer just for that purpose.

I'm also not sure why the Crown is saying the conditions were not ideal until May 2013 when DM had that ghastly machine for nearly a year already.

:thinking:

<modsnip> no chopping was done on the Eliminator, it was simply mounted on a trailer.

Also, how does the Crown know shooting Tim inside the truck was not part of the original plan? Just because it was a very stupid thing to do? Like stealing trees from a nursery and a floor polisher? It's been well established DM's missions were incredibly stupid.

Thats just the burn. Moving the incinerator, doing the burn, cooling down then disposing of ashes would take all night IMO.

I agree, I was quoting the 3hr post from the Crown. He should've made that clear to the jury. 3hrs just to burn a body, then the clean up, it would be an all nighter but not a 3 dayer lol MOO

Also, how does the Crown know shooting Tim inside the truck was not part of the original plan? Just because it was a very stupid thing to do? Like stealing trees from a nursery and a floor polisher? It's been well established DM's missions were incredibly stupid.

This is why the jury has to be very careful about people floating "theories". On ALL 3 sides.

Interesting, so was a test on a deer at the farm???

Well, I find it hard to believe the deer died of disease, coincidentally on DM's property, and had to be burned. He wasn't a hunter and most people hunt for the meat. Burning a deer makes no sense but to test the incinerator. IMO.

Also, this is the first I've heard of this. Anyone else?

Thats about what I'd expect. A diesel would have been about $4K for the round trip. Does it make sense to spend $2.5K on a gun and $18K on an incinerator to save $1K? Am I missing something here?
18k, 25 years if he was planning more missions bigger ones to him it could be a good investment. Too many missing people and suicides around you can get a little trouble some

<modsnip> no chopping was done on the Eliminator, it was simply mounted on a trailer.

It's <modsnip> a very commonly used word to refer to modifying. Sure he could have been referring to dismemberment, but he could have also been referring to modifying the machine in some way to make it mobile, since it wasn't a mobile unit.

Doesn't make sense, rationally speaking, but DM's logic we will never understand, IMO ... At least I hope we never will ;) Same as why not spend the $23,000 on a 3500 instead of buying the Eliminator?? For the thrill of creating/carrying out an unspeakable mission ... A game to enthrall him ... Pushing the limits to see what he could get away with, and more, IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I find it hard to believe the deer died of disease, coincidentally on DM's property, and had to be burned. He wasn't a hunter and most people hunt for the meat. Burning a deer makes no sense but to test the incinerator. IMO.

First I've heard of it too but SS did tell the dealer they'd tested it and it worked well. Maybe that's what he's referring to?

Court now back in session.
by Adam Carter 10:58 AM

Leitch now talking about August 20, 2012, when Millard texts Smich about a "35." They're talking about a 3500.
by Adam Carter 10:59 AM

Millard also says "No more money bro, we take what we want at the source."
by Adam Carter 11:00 AM

I'm guessing it was bs to SS to cover the eliminator being used for LB.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Jury is being recalled. Crown Tony Leitch will continue with his closing address. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 54s55 seconds ago
Aug. 20, 2012 Millard test to Smich about "a 35." Crown says that's reference to 3500. Smich verified that in testimony. #Bosma

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 43s44 seconds ago
Leitch references a text about a 3500 between Millard and Smich in Aug. 2012. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 28s29 seconds ago
Millard: "We take what we want from the source."

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 26s27 seconds ago
Millard texts Smich "no more money bro. we take what we want from the source." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 41s42 seconds ago
Leitch is reminding jury of more texts between Millard & Smich about buying a gun & the "35" mission

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 25s26 seconds ago
Leitch says there are more texts that clearly outline this plan to steal a truck. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 4s5 seconds ago
Planning to steal Dodge 3500 in texts. Sept. 5, 2012 text, Millard tells Smich to "move the BBQ into the barn" then "scope 3500 at night."

No it does not make sense... for one killing.
However, neither the gun, nor the incinerator, were disposable items. So the capital cost could be amortized across multiple homicides. If LE had not caught DM and MS, they would have continued.
LB, TB, Victim c,Victim d,Victim e,Victim f,Victim g etc, bigger more dangerous missions per DM to AM.

Leitch says they mention the Eliminator and stealing a 3500 in the same text. "Smich knew that this was the plan."
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

Leitch says Millard also got a second .380 gun from Iisho.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

Smich googled "bullets for 9 mm" on in May of 2013, Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 11:03 AM

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 39s40 seconds ago
On Sept 5 2012, Millard texts Smich about moving the BBQ into the barn and scoping for a 3500. Leitch says they did this. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 26s27 seconds ago
Sept 5 2012 Millard tells Smich they have to go pick up BBQ (incinerator) and scope a 3500 that night.

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 24s25 seconds ago
The BBQ, Leitch asserts, is the Eliminator. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 50s50 seconds ago
Moved Eliminator into barn where it stayed until May 6, 2013. Sept. 12, 2012, Millard negotiates for a second .380 handgun from Isho.

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 40s40 seconds ago
Eliminator & 3500 mission mentioned in same conversation, Leitch points out

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 8s8 seconds ago
Smich had an interest in handguns too. Search of iPad seized from his room showed he Googled "bullets for 9 mm" after Bosma murder.

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 37s37 seconds ago
Leitch says in Sept 2012 there are texts to suggest Millard had an interest in acquiring a second .380 handgun. #Bosma

Alex Pierson &#8207;@AlexpiersonAMP 18s18 seconds ago
texts also talk about BBQ in same "mission" chat. BBQ is eliminator.

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 36s36 seconds ago
May 16 2013 Smich looked up YouTube video on bullets & told his friend Daly he & Millard both had guns

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 32s32 seconds ago
Also Daly evidence that Smich wanted gun that went to Millard. And that gun in toolbox belonged to Smich.

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 22s23 seconds ago
Leitch references the testimony about Brendan Daly about the gun in the toolbox Smich moved after Millard's arrest. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda