GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #7

So the news articles are not quality reports. They say that the trial will not be moved geographically, which was requested, but it will be delayed about six months. I haven't seen any reason why the judge postponed the trial. Anyone know?

From last month:

http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/crime/article56530148.html

Speaks, who was convicted last summer, initially drew a life sentence for second-degree murder, along with a 40 year-sentence for obstruction of justice and a 20-year sentence for conspiracy to obstruct justice.

However, 24th Judicial District Court Judge Stephen Grefer increased Speaks’ 40-year sentence on the obstruction charge to life after finding him guilty Friday of being a four-time felony offender.

His eyes are so creepy. They remind me of that photo of Adam Lanza.

They should make him take the stand anyway. If it's something he doesn't want to do, then let's make him do it.

Finally. I'm grateful the family was spared the trial. Rest in Peace, Jaren. :rose:

**o/t** Is the district attorney related to Harry Connick, Jr.?

She should have testified on speaks right from the beginning. I'll bet she would have gotten a lot less punishment.

Finally. I'm grateful the family was spared the trial. Rest in Peace, Jaren. :rose:

**o/t** Is the district attorney related to Harry Connick, Jr.?
That must be his brother. His father was DA of new Orleans.

Thank you, ADAs Freese and Block, for sticking with these cases until the end! Finally, after four long years, there is Justice for Jaren.:smiliescale:

So very grateful that justice was served for Jaren. What an unspeakable violent act!

I just heard the news. J4J, finally. Soar high, beautiful woman.

As always, prayers and warm thoughts for all who loved Jaren. May she rest in eternal peace. :rose: :rose:

Why do I have this feeling that MAS will get out early? I personally believe that she should have received life in prison if she would have went to trial.
There are still a lot of questions to ask.... Don't forget about Patricia Biehn's involvement in the Charles Atwood murders in 2001.

"Atwood's girlfriend, Patricia Biehn, 33, testified last year that she sat on the edge of their bathtub while Atwood cut off Keller's head. Biehn pleaded guilty to accessory to that murder but still faces first-degree murder charges in the other women's deaths. Biehn also has led investigators to Keller's severed head in a St. Charles Parish swamp and helped them find tools used in the dismemberment."

Amstutz said Biehn has a court appearance scheduled Oct. 20. "We will consider her cooperation as a factor in her case," he said.

Source: http://deadmaneating.blogspot.com/2003/10/cheating-hangman-in-louisiana.html

F.Y.I. - Patricia Biehn has been out of prison for a while now!

I haven't been on WS a lot lately (our baby boy is a very busy 18 month old and we're expecting our second - a girl - in three weeks, plus work...I miss WS though!) but just saw this news. I had to come to WS and share with you all my/our happiness that she pleaded guilty and Jaren will have Justice!

I wish she would have gotten LWOP and I hope she doesn't have to only serve half of the 20 years or so....

What a horrible case but so glad there is some finality for the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back