TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave the car a light purple color to see if it would brin
attachment.php
g anything out. Does anyone see anything to the left of the license plate?

Nice work, soccercst.

According to the TX DMV website, license plates only need to be renewed every 7 years. "Specialty license plates with random or personalized numbers are issued for a one, five, or ten year term. At the end of each term, prior to expiration, your annual registration renewal notice will remind you that it is time to renew." http://txdmv.gov/motorists/license-plates

I feel the Altima's tag is one of these because it obviously has a symbol on the left side.

Specifically, this one:

http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/lice...-plates/item/358-fireprotectionpersonnel?ml=1

Generally, these:

http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/lice.../filter?category[]=64&moduleId=185&Itemid=145

From the Midlothian Police Department's official Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154146352252359&id=195047007358

June 9 at 6:12am Was this car ever found?

Midlothian Police Department No, the driver has not come forward
Like · Reply · 1 · June 9 at 6:14am

(two minutes for MPD to reply)

IMO, this leads me to believe that car is definitely involved in the murder somehow. Unless the person lives in a cave and never watches the news, reads the paper, listens to the radio, goes online or talks to anyone--I think they are involved.
MOO

Regarding Sparky's question about a flashlight: At one point in the video, I detected a flashlight held in the perps hand. Perp is across from the dutch doors, getting ready to enter a doorway or hall. Has hammer (?) in his right hand and raises his left hand at the 1:47 mark. Quite possibly a small flashlight (in addition to the lamp on his helmet).

Regarding Sparky's question about a flashlight: At one point in the video, I detected a flashlight held in the perps hand. Perp is across from the dutch doors, getting ready to enter a doorway or hall. Has hammer (?) in his right hand and raises his left hand at the 1:47 mark. Quite possibly a small flashlight (in addition to the lamp on his helmet).

Agreed! This is where he appears to have a flashlight and raises it sorta like a police officer would. IMO

This reminds me of another question I had, does anyone have thoughts on if SP is left or right handed? I know we have seen them holding the hammer in both. I have seen them open doors with their right in the video, do they ever open with their left??

This reminds me of another question I had, does anyone have thoughts on if SP is left or right handed? I know we have seen them holding the hammer in both. I have seen them open doors with their right in the video, do they ever open with their left??

We discussed it a while back and most people decided probably dominant right handedness.

Nice work, soccercst.

According to the TX DMV website, license plates only need to be renewed every 7 years. "Specialty license plates with random or personalized numbers are issued for a one, five, or ten year term. At the end of each term, prior to expiration, your annual registration renewal notice will remind you that it is time to renew." http://txdmv.gov/motorists/license-plates

I feel the Altima's tag is one of these because it obviously has a symbol on the left side.

Specifically, this one:

http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/lice...-plates/item/358-fireprotectionpersonnel?ml=1

Generally, these:

http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/lice.../filter?category[]=64&moduleId=185&Itemid=145

Thanks for these pics, I finally understand what you're all talking about re speciality plates - what a good idea!

Surely the police have the licence plate of this vehicle? There has to be better pictures from the other 30 cameras at the gun store. If they haven't, they will have a higher definition zoom-in than our awesome members here have got, so they will know if it's a speciality plate. And then it shouldn't be too hard to narrow down.

I maintain there is an LE or fire connection to this murderer and that's why it's been so silent. Gotta be mega tough for them to investigate one of their own without their efforts being compromised. I hope the Altima reveal was just to try and tempt someone in, and they haven't.

Agreed! This is where he appears to have a flashlight and raises it sorta like a police officer would. IMO
I have looked to see if it is carried in his hand or if it is carried over his chest/shoulder and picked up to shine in the room.

We discussed it a while back and most people decided probably dominant right handedness.

Yes, and I think someone (Bill?) explained that when they're undergoing tactical or fire emergency training they are told to open doors etc with their weaker hand so as to keep better control of weapons / torch with their dominant hand. There is also the theory about wall touching being part of fire training.

The fire department seems to be getting a few mentions these days.

Thanks for these pics, I finally understand what you're all talking about re speciality plates - what a good idea!

Surely the police have the licence plate of this vehicle? There has to be better pictures from the other 30 cameras at the gun store. If they haven't, they will have a higher definition zoom-in than our awesome members here have got, so they will know if it's a speciality plate. And then it shouldn't be too hard to narrow down.

I maintain there is an LE or fire connection to this murderer and that's why it's been so silent. Gotta be mega tough for them to investigate one of their own without their efforts being compromised. I hope the Altima reveal was just to try and tempt someone in, and they haven't.
Where did the info MB stopped by a fire station come from?

There was a few firefighters fired and charged with incidents in the past. Any locals know if those cases were settled or still court proceedings?

IMO, I doubt the Altima is local. Well maybe local to DFW, but not the immediate Midlothian area. With the exposure of this case, someone would have come forward with information if that car is someone's primary car they drive around town. If a neighbor of mine had a light colored vehicle with any bumper sticker at all under the plate, or a car matching that description parked regularly by my work, etc, I would remember and at least tell LE to check it out.

Where did the info MB stopped by a fire station come from?

There was a few firefighters fired and charged with incidents in the past. Any locals know if those cases were settled or still court proceedings?

Glammie, our Midlo local, looked at Missy's FB before it hit the news and saw a check in at the fire station on Sunday afternoon. It was also mentioned by Breck80 the local reporter.
I THINK!

Yes, and I think someone (Bill?) explained that when they're undergoing tactical or fire emergency training they are told to open doors etc with their weaker hand so as to keep better control of weapons / torch with their dominant hand. There is also the theory about wall touching being part of fire training.

The fire department seems to be getting a few mentions these days.

Ah, interesting! Just for the heck of it I google 'walking while touching walls'. All the first 10 returns were related to Autism.

IMO, I doubt the Altima is local. Well maybe local to DFW, but not the immediate Midlothian area. With the exposure of this case, someone would have come forward with information if that car is someone's primary car they drive around town. If a neighbor of mine had a light colored vehicle with any bumper sticker at all under the plate, or a car matching that description parked regularly by my work, etc, I would remember and at least tell LE to check it out.

Do any locals know how widely reported the appeal for the Altima owner was/is? Has it been shown on local news programs and front page media? What about shared around social media locally? Like, what I'm getting at is, how easy would it be to miss seeing the appeal?

Ah, interesting! Just for the heck of it I google 'walking while touching walls'. All the first 10 returns were related to Autism.

Yes I know, I think young children do it too. But it makes sense in fire training as I suppose in smoky environments it would help keep bearings.

Or perhaps we're looking for an autistic firefighter with a broken foot?

(though personally I preferred the one legged ballerina theory lol!)

Yes I know, I think young children do it too. But it makes sense in fire training as I suppose in smoky environments it would help keep bearings.

Or perhaps we're looking for an autistic firefighter with a broken foot?

(though personally I preferred the one legged ballerina theory lol!)

That makes sense with the smoke. You are going to get such props if this thing gets solved and SP turns out to be a autistic firefighter with a broken foot or a one legged ballerina! :)

That makes sense with the smoke. You are going to get such props if this thing gets solved and SP turns out to be a autistic firefighter with a broken foot or a one legged ballerina! :)

The one legged ballerina became a bit of a running joke in thread 1 or 2. Which now seems about a million years ago...

RBBM

My apologies for bringing the door back into the thread; however, I am just now able to read this far. I think poirotryinmotion has brought out an important point that I've otherwise missed.

LEO states the unsub may be and is likely a female. Who would think or know about removing the handle to bypass the locking pins? A firefighter.

From the link: "Exit devices are designed to be installed onto the secure side of outswinging doors. They restrict access while providing free egress. The exit device developed in the United States was introduced after the loss of lives in a number of building fires, including the infamous Iroquois Theatre Fire of 1903, where more than 600 people died."

Breaking of the glass doesn't raise my suspicions that it was a burglary gone bad because nothing was taken or attempted to be stolen from the Church except for Missy's life.

I wasn't aware of that bit of trivia about opening the door. That brings me back to my thought that the tool looked like a firefighter's tool. A Halligan.
24-halligan-tool-13.jpg

I haven't seen a case on WS that the additional raised money has helped solve a case.
In fact, I haven't seen a case on WS that any reward money has helped solve a case.

Also, even if there is no reward money, in my opinion, does not mean that LE knows who the perp is.

IMOO.

I have also noticed this, however, just assumed it is kept confidential??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675