Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in court the day DM's Uncle testified. RB was so angry at DM, the entire courtroom could feel it. The look in his eyes when he looked at DM...pure hate. He was on & off the stand several times, due to expanding on his answers to the Crown...rather than giving a yes or no, he would elaborate & say more than he was allowed to say. After the 2nd or 3rd time he was asked to step out of the courtroom, DM's lawyer kept objecting & because RB was trying to assassinate his client's character. The judge asked the Crown TL, what RP was referring to...TL said that RP was referring to RB's statement to the police, he stated his nephew was a sick, twisted puppy. The entire courtroom laughed. I kid you not...when RB walked past me...the veins in his temples were popping. He was beyond disgusted with his nephew.

added note - The Crown was given permission to treat RB as a hostile witness & ask leading questions, to keep his witness under control from saying something that could cause a mistrial.

Thanks...very interesting. I wondered since his deep animosity became apparent whether it pre-existed these events. Would have he have described DM as a sick, twisted puppy three and a bit years ago or did that come with the slew of murder charges and other dark revelations? It's hard to peg this family. Have they just given up on a person long on a bad path or is some of the distancing we might infer a symptom of self centred people acting in self centred ways? In short, is DM a cause or effect in this family?

There is so much more evidence that was excluded and we won't get to see until spring 2017 when LB's trial is held. I'm hoping that the Bosma Army's prayers are answered. I just have to have faith that the right verdicts will be delivered for both accused despite the things that the jury could not know. God (or a higher power) is known to work in mysterious ways. :)

No matter what the jury decides, I am still prepared to accept their judgment and trust it will be guided by the evidence, common sense and wisdom.

All MOO.

I am sure that the jurors have a much better handle on the whole atmosphere of this case. Most of us have only 128 byte tweets to determine conclusions. I tried to pay attention to Journalists reporting tone along the way to help parse the info we were given.

MOO

Any clue as to why DM s texts about she'll be a dirty girl (gun) reference would not be included as evidence? Pretty clear intent, iMo?

..as the jury was about to retire to begin deliberations:

Hayley Cooper ‏@HayleyBCooper
Hayley Cooper Retweeted NEWSTALK1010
Mark Smich lost colour in his face, went pale. Dellen Millard sat, looking calmly at jury right before. #Bosma

Thanks. This is in line with what I've always perceived to be a difference in experiencing and expressing normal emotions between these two. DM seems to be a raging cluster B of some kind. Or, perhaps as was interestingly suggested, an FAS baby.

Any clue as to why DM s texts about she'll be a dirty girl (gun) reference would not be included as evidence? Pretty clear intent, iMo?

Or the fact that a dirty gun is cleaned when he returns it to MWJ. MWJ realizes now he should of never done business with the twisted little pr%ck.

MOO

I have believed for some time now that both MS and DM were armed on TB's test drive, and when I read AC's article today it only convinces me more that both shot TB. The jury can't know there were two guns. Very unfortunate that this evidence wasn't permitted at trial.

All MOO.

Me too. I've always been convinced of two guns right from the get go. I'm not saying they both shot TB but I do believe they were both armed. I haven't posted much on these threads but when I have I have always referred to 'gun(s)'.

Pretty clear intent, yes, but not for this case. More likely for LB or some other obstacle to DM's achieving his desires. It's 15 months before the TB murder. Given all DM's criminal activity it could refer to a number of things, for all we know. But it does not likely refer to intent to kill TB. At that point DM may not have been committed to stealing a truck and murdering its owner.He was still rolling in dough from Dad, or so he thought.

Hey guys, may have already been addressed, but I'm still behind on previous thread.
DMB, Canadiangirl, CN princess, good catch! (Regarding the May 7th incinerator comment attributed to MS from SC tweet)
Imo she made a mistake. I was there today and according to my word by word handwriting judge was going over things MS agreed to and and things he denied.
'MS denied cleaning the eliminator when it cooled down. ' BBM
Judge also said few moments earlier that 'MS categorically denied any involvement in the murder or with the incinerator'

I am so pissed off from reading what the jury couldn't hear that I need a stiff drink. Anyone else joining in? It's 5 o'clock somewhere (4:44pm where I am so close enough!).
Hmm, I always thought the saying was, "it's noon somewhere". I guess that says a lot about me.

On thread though, I always suspected DM to be a hard drug user. Not only is it mentioned on AMs twitter page (which now I can't find). It has been my experience, that people who choose hard drugs look poorly upon alcohol abuse, like it's so inferior/lowlife. CN testify to this. JMO.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Thanks...very interesting. I wondered since his deep animosity became apparent whether it pre-existed these events. Would have he have described DM as a sick, twisted puppy three and a bit years ago or did that come with the slew of murder charges and other dark revelations? It's hard to peg this family. Have they just given up on a person long on a bad path or is some of the distancing we might infer a symptom of self centred people acting in self centred ways? In short, is DM a cause or effect in this family?

After the uncle testified there was an article published in one of the MSM links (can't recall which, but there were several that mentioned his testimony) and I got the distinct impression that his uncle couldn't stand him even before May 6, 2013. I don't remember how old DM was when he stayed with his uncle and his family for a while but it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn his uncle discovered something rotten about DM's character even then.

moo

From http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-what-the-jury-didnt-hear-1.3631268

"As well, Millard didn't solely write letters to his then girlfriend, Christina Nouga. He also wrote letters to his mechanic, Shane Schlatman, and in doing so, breached a second court order to not contact someone. Those letters were mostly centred on Schlatman caring for Millard's cars, court heard."

How was this determined? Did SS hand over the letters, or he just told LE that they were about car care? I am not a fan of SS and don't trust him.

MOO

Me too. I've always been convinced of two guns right from the get go. I'm not saying they both shot TB but I do believe they were both armed. I haven't posted much on these threads but when I have I have always referred to 'gun(s)'.

The evidence wasn't presented at trial in that context and withheld because I believe the police took possession of the other gun in the picture after WM's apparent suicide.
I however believe that the withholding this evidence led people to assume MS also had a gun that he possibly may have used that night on TB. All we have to dispel this is his testimony when he stated that he does NOT nor ever had owned a gun.

I feel the evidence (texts) with Iisho should have been allowed as it shows the relationship between him and Millard is greater then a one off and also dispel thoughts of a relationship other then petty drugs with MS. Did they have any texts between MS & Iisho at all over that period of time????

Does anyone know what punishment DM gets for breaching a court order (writing to SS and CN)? If he didn't get any punishment or a slap on the wrist, what normally happens to an accused if this happened outside of this trial?

Pretty clear intent, yes, but not for this case. More likely for LB or some other obstacle to DM's achieving his desires. It's 15 months before the TB murder. Given all DM's criminal activity it could refer to a number of things, for all we know. But it does not likely refer to intent to kill TB. At that point DM may not have been committed to stealing a truck and murdering its owner.He was still rolling in dough from Dad, or so he thought.
Thank you for that. Timing of this text is everything, and could be right about that.

After the uncle testified there was an article published in one of the MSM links (can't recall which, but there were several that mentioned his testimony) and I got the distinct impression that his uncle couldn't stand him even before May 6, 2013. I don't remember how old DM was when he stayed with his uncle and his family for a while but it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn his uncle discovered something rotten about DM's character even then.

moo

I remember being a little surprised that he characterized his family's time with DM as 'altruism' rather than something like 'we loved Dellen and etc. etc.'. I'm not sure if that says something about DM, RB or both.

I think I need to walk away from the computer and try patiently wait for the verdict.

Thank you to everyone who has followed along the whole trial, it has been great to have a group to talk things through with and get angry and sad with.

Well not a lot of dirt was released after the fact. Other than the extent of the drug and possible gun running that DM may have been doing/planning. I think we can guess how he was planning on getting himself up to $100,000 a month in income and why he really needed that truck to cut down on expenses. And if MM refused to wear a belly to run some ammunition over the border, but we know DM got some over the border...who did wear the belly? For MM to describe it like that, does that mean she actually was shown one that DM owned? Pretty sure CN went with DM on a number of those cross border trips.

So the special compartments being built into the trailer for the Baja trip weren't just for extra tools. ;)

I think the second gun was confiscated at the time of WM's death or it would have made it into the trial IMO.

I guess we're not going to hear when that second gun was purchased or what type it was until the LB or WM trial?

MOO

Does anyone know what punishment DM gets for breaching a court order (writing to SS and CN)? If he didn't get any punishment or a slap on the wrist, what normally happens to an accused if this happened outside of this trial?

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around. Does it make a sound?

DM may have been the transmitter, but MB was the medium. Both receivers may have not been doing anything illegal since the judge made the comment that is was a DM no contact order when the subject came up with CN on the stand.

MOO

About the drug trafficking mentioned in ACs What the Jury Didnt Hear article, I wonder if this is what MS meant about DM wanting the truck for other reasons that he is not allowed to get into. I'm paraphrasing.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

The evidence wasn't presented at trial in that context and withheld because I believe the police took possession of the other gun in the picture after WM's apparent suicide.
I however believe that the withholding this evidence led people to assume MS also had a gun that he possibly may have used that night on TB. All we have to dispel this is his testimony when he stated that he does NOT nor ever had owned a gun.

I feel the evidence (texts) with Iisho should have been allowed as it shows the relationship between him and Millard is greater then a one off and also dispel thoughts of a relationship other then petty drugs with MS. Did they have any texts between MS & Iisho at all over that period of time????

I also think it's not clear if there were still two guns by May 2013. Probably won't be clear on this point until the WM trial if that goes ahead. But surely there would have been a deeper inquiry if someone like WM died with an illegal handgun on the scene? It seems it would make much more sense had it been a hunting rifle. Won't be clear for a while. Wonder if the results of the WM prelim will be held back until the LB trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675