Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small thing, but I always found the dog biscuit anecdote oddly...chilling? That's too strong a word, but it's in that neighbourhood. More than a few kids probably nibbled on dog treats in their lives but walking down the hallway at school with a box of them doesn't seem sad in the way it otherwise might. I always thought there was something aggressive about it. An aggressive strangeness that was designed to make people feel uncomfortable, or at least offered that as a pleasant bonus.

His odd behaviours remind me of Russell Williams

I guess there will be breaking news alerts when the jury comes back? I suspect it will be tomorrow by end of day or Wednesday morning before noon. The wait is awful for us - I can't imagine the anxiousness the Bosma's are feeling now.

I think they've got an awful lot to go through. I wouldn't be wondering what is up until they've reached a fifth day or more. Three or four days with that amount of evidence is what I would expect.

Some shorten forms can be challenging.....I looked up FAS...fetal alcohol syndrome. I have to say that that thought had occured to me in the past few months fegarding DM.
I thought I could figure out the B without google.....***** didn't work.
And then I remember the expression 'cluster fock' was popular for a time but why wouldn't you have just written cluster F.
Turns out that cluster B is a designation for ' cluster of mental disorders'...but what is the B stand for. ;)

I think the B just means it's not A, in this case. :)

LH on CHCH reported that DM screamed on the top of his lungs "f n A@# hole." After MS testified. Also wanted to take his book\bible to court "serial killers". Held up court for an hour, because he wouldn't back down. When he wasn't allowed.

When a rich man dies of an apparent suicide with an illegal handgun, I'd imagine it would not be questioned at all if family is quick to accept the fact that there was no foul play and that their loved might be distraught enough to do such a thing.

He certainly had the funds to buy himself an illegal gun "on the street". And the family name probably allowed for a lot of "looking the other way" from the officers in attendance. No need to add undue stress to the "grieving family" and embarrass them with the possibility of the information going public. They took the situation at face value and did not investigate.. Unfortunately, WM had no one asking LE the right questions on his behalf.

MOO
Funny thing. My family has lived in the Toronto area my entire life, close to both CN's and DM's neighborhood and I've never heard of Millardair until this case.

I'm not caught up yet but if I was a reporter my first interview would be the uncle.

LOL, good one! But instead of an arborist tthey have the jury foreperson, who will in fact guide them systematically through the decision trees and discussions of the evidence, so no 15-minute verdict is in the offing. They will carefully go over the options.

Let's hope those trees aren't on the magical forest or the jury will need a unicorn guide along side the foreperson -_-

According to MWJ's Instagram, after MWJ was incarcurated, his friends have been letting people know why he is currently behind bars and why. Made me think earlier on that LE knew where the gun was. I believe that DMs followers got the gun back into the hands of MWJ and no one was letting on that they handled or knew anything about the murder weapon. They were all told to turn the blame on MS. jMO

BBM

Funny, because I was pretty sure that MS said he buried it.

MOO

LH on CHCH reported that DM screamed on the top of his lungs "f n A@# hole." After MS testified. Also wanted to take his book\bible to court "serial killers". Held up court for an hour, because he wouldn't back down. When he wasn't allowed.

Wait...what??? This must have been a reaction from his holding cell? And he has a book called "serial killers" that he carries religiously like a bible?

I'm so confused. :scared:

After the uncle testified there was an article published in one of the MSM links (can't recall which, but there were several that mentioned his testimony) and I got the distinct impression that his uncle couldn't stand him even before May 6, 2013. I don't remember how old DM was when he stayed with his uncle and his family for a while but it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn his uncle discovered something rotten about DM's character even then.

moo
. IIRC I read something that suggested that visits to the uncle's home began as early as the age of 2 and continued in an 'on and off' fashion through to age 15. It was reported that the uncle did it for altruistic reasons....
IMO--perhaps thinking that a stable family situation might be good for his nephew.

(My guess) is because the message was 1 year 3 months before the Bosma murder so lawyers likely argued it should not be allowed
What's the timeline for the magic line in the sand I wonder? Incinerator talk with MS was a year before as well.

Still nothing about the hoses. So maybe this is a repeat performance therefore can't be discussed until the LB trial?

I'm with you on this thought Tealgrove. But didn't JV just buy the hoses that day at DM's request?

Disgusted and disturbed with what we've learned was withheld from the jurors. Just think of all the information that was withheld that cannot be released at this time, will not be released during the next two trials for the jurors to know the truth. For over five months of this trial, only 60 days the jurors sat in the courtroom. Approximately half the time they were dismissed for legal arguments. It's one thing to keep bad character evidence out, but the guns evidence...the jurors should have been privy to that evidence.

Personally I have to say I am totally disgusted with the defense lawyers in this case. They argued away a lot of evidence that could make a huge difference in seeing justice done for the victims. There are lawyers who have morals, conscience and souls, but apparently it's not so in this case IMHO. Shame on them.

The jurors will make the right decision..murder in the first for both MS and DM. I'm keeping the faith. Justice for Tim. ALL MOO.

Pls post. I could not find this. It's fascinating.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Wow. Why didn't we hear about this sooner?

Yes he did, do you believe him? I dont!!

Two separate things, possession and bury. Why would he lie about having the gun in his possession if he didn't? You are saying his followers returned it to MWJ, please explain as I find your post confusing.

" I believe that DMs followers got the gun back into the hands of MWJ and no one was letting on that they handled or knew anything about the murder weapon. They were all told to turn the blame on MS. jMO"

I don't believe he buried it either, but I don't see how your belief fits in with MS acknowledging he had the gun after the toolbox was delivered to him?

MOO

You'd have to think the first mistrial attempt had to do with SS. He testified around that point and was on the stand one day, then there was a week or so of other witnesses and then he came back.

Yes he did, do you believe him? I dont!!

He admitted having the gun. Regardless of what he actually did with it, it couldn't have been DM's followers who got it back to MWJ and then put the blame on MS.

He may have buried/hidden it and the gotten word to MWJ on where to retrieve it. This is most likely how it would have gotten back to MWJ...if it did. And why MS is unable to tell LE where he "buried" it.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member