Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really livid at Oscar for pulling that stunt, taking his legs off. I thought for sure he was going to intentionally fall over - he was teetering back and forth for a few moments until he was rescued by Hartzenberg. Oscar exploited everyone, but in particular, I'm angry that he exploited the Steenkamps. Most living, breathing, feeling human beings hate seeing others suffer and struggle. He forced people to have an emotive reaction to him walking on his stumps, which then forces people to feel like crap about him having to go to jail. Whether you hate Oscar or not - and I think most of us do despise the dude pretty badly - I think we can acknowledge, it's terrible seeing somebody walking on stumps. It's such overt manipulation, it's maddening. There is no disability that could ever come close to excusing what he did.

Mr J,

I know he had a sh-- case ( post Masipa) , as you've said for a while but I am surprised that that is what you get in SA from a big bucks/top lawyer. He's as sharp as tack, Mr. Roux, but still, from his choice of witnesses to his case citation, I wasn't very impressed with his handling of this phase of the case.

Lol...as me old gran used to say: "Paul, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!" His face was a picture that told a thousand words towards the end, especially when Nel was claiming the defence had no standing in the issue of whether the photo's of Reeva's corpse should be published. He knew all his work was about to be unstitched.

Totally agree with Mr Jitty that Nel was sharper on spoon-feeding Masipa the relevant law, almost writing the draft judgement for her, much as Roux did in the initial trial. Sweet, sweet irony. Roux knew it too, that was why he looked so forlorn at the end. To be fair to him I think he probably knew already after the roasting he got from the SCA. He did his best but he really didn't have a lot to play with. Once the political tide turned he was as impotent as King Canute.

I was really livid at Oscar for pulling that stunt, taking his legs off. I thought for sure he was going to intentionally fall over - he was teetering back and forth for a few moments until he was rescued by Hartzenberg. Oscar exploited everyone, but in particular, I'm angry that he exploited the Steenkamps. Most living, breathing, feeling human beings hate seeing others suffer and struggle. He forced people to have an emotive reaction to him walking on his stumps, which then forces people to feel like crap about him having to go to jail. Whether you hate Oscar or not - and I think most of us do despise the dude pretty badly - I think we can acknowledge, it's terrible seeing somebody walking on stumps. It's such overt manipulation, it's maddening. There is no disability that could ever come close to excusing what he did.

You are right about the Steenkamp's Lisa, that goes without saying. I think he deserves 25 years for his cynical manipulation and humiliation of them. What really made me furious was how millions of disabled people around the world work tirelessly to try to remove the stigma and improve the perception of disability to try to empower themselves and only ask for a fair crack of the whip from society and their governments. In a single, cyncial, self-serving stunt Oscar has unstitched all of that and p****d all over the fine work they have done.

I was at Mass this morning and spoke about this with a parishioner who can't walk because of spinal stenosis and she was livid at his audacity. As you say disability is not an excuse for murder and every disabled person I know would never ever wish to suggest so. Oscar really is the pits!

CW/Tortoise,

Yes, I realised not long after I'd posted it. Apologies, I've already booked myself into SpecSavers. :blushing:

I don't know about therapist...more like enabler! Mark my words, Oscar will hold her in utter contempt, for being so foolish as to fall for his tricks. Once the sentencing is over with she will doubtless never see Oscar again and he will take delight in destroying her life. I truly feel sorry for what's coming to her. Well-meaning but misguided and about to realise she is not as needed as she once thought.

You are right about the Steenkamp's Lisa, that goes without saying. I think he deserves 25 years for his cynical manipulation and humiliation of them. What really made me furious was how millions of disabled people around the world work tirelessly to try to remove the stigma and improve the perception of disability to try to empower themselves and only ask for a fair crack of the whip from society and their governments. In a single, cyncial, self-serving stunt Oscar has unstitched all of that and p****d all over the fine work they have done.

I was at Mass this morning and spoke about this with a parishioner who can't walk because of spinal stenosis and she was livid at his audacity. As you say disability is not an excuse for murder and every disabled person I know would never ever wish to suggest so. Oscar really is the pits!

Disabled people CAN and DO commit crimes. He is proof positive.

OP isn't special outside the Pistorius bubble.

Disabled people CAN and DO commit crimes. He is proof positive.

OP isn't special outside the Pistorius bubble.

But he was, and still is to many South Africans. But it was this sociopathic, self-entitled sense of self importance and refusal to take responsibility or any form of punishment that led him to this sorry state. Had he not behaved as he did during the trial, and outside of court, the public wouldn't have turned against him so vehemently and the SA Establishment wouldn't have felt so compelled to throw the book at him.

Grateful to you all for expressing so well how dire the defence shenanigans and performance was yesterday. I've been rendered speechless and absolutely sickened to the pit of my stomach, I never expected them to go so low. And so until I 'recover' my words, I shall continue to just shake my head in disbelief and read the excellent commentary here, that I can't quite manage to do myself without getting too angry.

Spot on Lisa. Maybe Masipa will now realise that this guy is a total fraud. I live in hopes. She must by now have seen the video where he is almost running on his stumps and will be able to compare yesterday's 'performance' with the earlier video. I hope she has learned her lesson and will not be taken in with what I regard as a very shabby charade, possibly orchestrated by Roux. OP is obviously drugged to the eyeballs and no doubt is depressed, who wouldn't be in his situation. However I don't see that the drugs he takes could have affected his walking to any degree. Yesterday's performance was utterly shameful.

Some images just released of Reeva, and our thoughts about why we believe it's important to share them https://shakedowntitle.com/2016/06/...steenkamp-warning-graphic-crime-scene-photos/

Thanks Lisa

Do you have any plans to write a summary of the case?

You have so much great content and writings not to mention your meeting with the Steenkamps

I wondered if you were considering writing a forensic outline.

I think it would be great if someone would do a long copy focussing on all the big and unanswered questions

Spot on Lisa. Maybe Masipa will now realise that this guy is a total fraud. I live in hopes. She must by now have seen the video where he is almost running on his stumps and will be able to compare yesterday's 'performance' with the earlier video. I hope she has learned her lesson and will not be taken in with what I regard as a very shabby charade, possibly orchestrated by Roux. OP is obviously drugged to the eyeballs and no doubt is depressed, who wouldn't be in his situation. However I don't see that the drugs he takes could have affected his walking to any degree. Yesterday's performance was utterly shameful.

It should not be relevant to sentencing. He is allowed his legs in prison.

What they're after is a sentence based on her CH verdict which has been overturned by the SCA.

Disgraceful.

[/B]

But he was, and still is to many South Africans. But it was this sociopathic, self-entitled sense of self importance and refusal to take responsibility or any form of punishment that led him to this sorry state. Had he not behaved as he did during the trial, and outside of court, the public wouldn't have turned against him so vehemently and the SA Establishment wouldn't have felt so compelled to throw the book at him.

Agreed

I've never been one to put famous people up on a pedestal .... Long may this continue lol

Thanks Lisa

Do you have any plans to write a summary of the case?

You have so much great content and writings not to mention your meeting with the Steenkamps

I wondered if you were considering writing a forensic outline.

I think it would be great if someone would do a long copy focussing on all the big and unanswered questions

On that note, does anyone know what happened to the JJ & MrFossil blog? I was so looking forward to their posts, and then one day the blog disappeared!

[/B]

Didn't they charge him with murder on day 1, premeditated schedule 6 as well. You don't think thats throwing the book at him already?

I think we are all of us doing well to ignore & scroll as the moderators have advised . That sounds like class monitor -oh you know what I mean

I'm sure any new or very infrequent posters will get it too. So we should be able to stay open until the 6th of b----- July!
It better be perfect Masipa, if you're going to take 3 weeks on it.

That's great advice and I sincerely hope everyone is paying attention. Over on DS the usual suspects who caused mayhem here are out in force. As Cotton says, either ignore or scroll. Any response will jeopardise our thread.

Just on BIB , Bystander

Do you recall what meds he is "supposed" to be taking currently? Is it the citalopram?
Anyway I'm not familiar with these SSRIs and their effects/side effects, so I don't "know" for sure and
like you I have no doubt he is depressed about his prospects but IMO he was not "doped up" or intellectually impaired over the 3 days.

Just examples like
- KMartin on stand says wtte - RS didn't love OP. So immediately OP passed note to BRoux highlighting RS's Valentine's Card message.
- Nel doing some really forceful summing up and OP is caught in the camera frame, giving him that querulous look he gives.
- numerous examples of emoting almost on cue depending on what a witness or BR is saying.

I am sure that other posters will have spotted more examples.
IMO he hasn't stopped acting & manipulating.

That's great advice and I sincerely hope everyone is paying attention. Over on DS the usual suspects who caused mayhem here are out in force. As Cotton says, either ignore or scroll. Any response will jeopardise our thread.

JJ - I just went over to DS to take a look and I see what you mean!

I also saw your post about CP's Twitter.
Anyway yes I see it's been closed down.

It's interesting as I had a look this morning at his account and he was getting so many critical tweets from the general public about
- his photo op of OP and his nephews , wtte "Oscar mentally drained after a day in court", tweeters replying to him that it was staged, the kids had their coats on and think how drained BS is, he can't sleep, about phone wiping, about the brothers sharing similar psychopathy etc etc.
- his comment about the photo release being"distasteful". He was , rightly, getting a load of stick about that from general public.
- CP was then replying - "keep it classy", "haters" etc etc "abusive"

Maybe he has got so used to his fan-lady tweets, he just couldn't take the backlash?

In support of your post, here’s an excellent article written by the CEO of the QuadPara Association of South Africa who is a quadriplegic himself. It was published after Derman testified in the trial.

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/opin...-vulnerability-a-new-disability/#.V2K3PDFJmUS

JJ - I just went over to DS to take a look and I see what you mean!

I also saw your post about CP's Twitter.
Anyway yes I see it's been closed down.

It's interesting as I had a look this morning at his account and he was getting so many critical tweets from the general public about
- his photo op of OP and his nephews , wtte "Oscar mentally drained after a day in court", tweeters replying to him that it was staged, the kids had their coats on and think how drained BS is, he can't sleep, about phone wiping, about the brothers sharing similar psychopathy etc etc.
- his comment about the photo release being"distasteful". He was , rightly, getting a load of stick about that from general public.
- CP was then replying - "keep it classy", "haters" etc etc "abusive"

Maybe he has got so used to his fan-lady tweets, he just couldn't take the backlash?

Carl is an eejit!

Basically.... the Carl Tweet about "distasteful release - profit" was being interpreted by OP's fans as meaning the Steenkamps stood to gain financially from the release of the photos to the press, which was obviously potentially libellous as it was untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member