Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to TD. Lisa H just reported TD declined to come out and give an interview because today was about the Bosma family and he didn't want to intrude on that. Classy

In text messages to his mother, Madeleine Burns, in late 2012, Millard wrote that his father was “hiding debts.”

“Mom, I’m very confused,” Millard wrote, shortly after his father died. “How is it one can fly a plane but not a business?”

“I think he was slowly poisoning his brain, that’s how,” Madeleine responded, though she has never publicly clarified that comment.

http://www.cbc.ca/interactives/longform/news/wayward-son-dellen-millard-tim-bosma-trial

Kudos to TD. Lisa H just reported TD declined to come out and give an interview because today was about the Bosma family and he didn't want to intrude on that. Classy

Well, except for the part where he told various reporters that they'd be appealing. Which is standard, of course. Calling him classy because he didn't give a statement is taking it a bit too far. IMO

Well, except for the part where he told various reporters that they'd be appealing. Which is standard, of course. Calling him classy because he didn't give a statement is taking it a bit too far. IMO
Lisa H asked him. That's a little different then just telling. She specifically asked him the question.

I do feel it's classy he recognized this day was about the Bosma's and didn't want to intrude on that. What would you call it? Rude?

Lisa H asked him. That's a little different then just telling. She specifically asked him the question.

I do feel it's classy he recognized this day was about the Bosma's and didn't want to intrude on that. What would you call it? Rude?

Ummm...not being something (classy) doesn't automatically make you the opposite (rude).

So do you think Pillay and Sachak are very classy, since they didn't say anything at all?

Ummm...not being something (classy) doesn't automatically make you the opposite (rude).

So do you think Pillay and Sachak are very classy, since they didn't say anything at all?
Yes I do. I thought TD statement was classy. If you don't agree that's fine. I think he has shown respect for the family and the media confirmed this by reporting how the Bosma's even got along with the defense and spoke with them which is unheard of
JMO

Yes I do. I thought TD statement was classy. If you don't agree that's fine. I think he has shown respect for the family and the media confirmed this by reporting how the Bosma's even got along with the defense and spoke with them which is unheard of
JMO

Yes, I've heard a mix of things - good and bad - about all of the defense lawyers. I'm glad Dungey didn't make an official statement. I'm even gladder that Pillay and Sachak didn't say anything at all. Today was not the time for it, nor mentioning an appeal - even though we all know they're coming.

Millard representing himself will be fun to watch. Guess if Smich takes the stand in that trial, we could wind up with a situation of Millard cross-examining Smich.

Oooooh boy....talk about a freakshow!

So, does he get to schlup around the courtroom with shackles clanging or what?

I wouldn't count on that. Even if she is convicted, which is far from a certainty, she will probably not receive any jail time, much less a prison sentence. Her time already served plus her house arrest time etc. will be applied to whatever sentence she receives if convicted. I hope she is convicted though, so that she has a criminal record. Although AATF can result in a lengthy sentence, it rarely does, and it's unlikely anyone seriously considers CN a risk to the public. A narcissistic liar, yes. Dangerous, not very, except morally of course, and when driving while high on drugs. Perhaps she should be forbidden to drive or be a passenger in the front seat of a motor vehicle when in operation (reason edited for purposes of propriety).

She has it coming, but I'm not optimistic justice will be served in her case. Some of the n'er do wells in this case are likely going to get away with their part in the crimes.

However, wouldn't it be fun if DM was called to testify against her, LOL? That would probably never happen because he would probably deny he had any major role in the crime, he only helped clean up "Mark's Mess."

He probably won't remember anything anyways!! His testimony would probably be just as boring as hers lol

Cristina Tenaglia Verified account ‏@cristina_CP24 2m2 minutes ago
Thomas Dungey will represent #Smich in #Babcock case. Says his client will plead not guilty. Millard plans to rep himself. #Bosma
a

are they going to point the finger at each other again?

I'm so glad the verdict was guilty on 1st degree murder for both. A big thank you for everyone's discussion, news tweet posting and news article posts. I hope you all have a nice weekend after a few hard going months here.

I recall DM enticing CN with a promise of a new house for their future... looks like a guest room included... :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• DM_CN_House.jpg
    DM_CN_House.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 339
They are taken to the intake prison near Kingston. There they are assessed and given a home institution. I suspect they will be in different prisons.

During their 25 years they get reassessed and potentially get moved from max to med and possibly even min.

As well as transfers among prisons they could be moved throughout their sentence

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I was of the understanding that anyone awaiting trial (LB) stays in the local (I don't know what you call it) jails until the trial is completed. Since both of them are up for trial in less than a year I would think they would stay local for now. Just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member