TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, but that just leads further credence to this being personal. Very personal. If a gun was used, why not shoot Missy as she was getting in her truck? IMO, that's what a professional would have done. There wouldn't have been cameras. There wouldn't have been a need to hang around the crime scene for an extended period of time.

On the other hand if SP knew that this death was going to be up and close and personal, an isolated location makes more sense. An added benefit is that those sweet children wouldn't have been the ones to find their mom. Up and close personal leads me to believe this murder was done to punish MB for something.

Exactly my thoughts. Shoot her as she;s getting into her truck would mean someone other than adults found her. (trying to play by the rules here!) Plus I think the extreme trauma was a big part of this murder. And since we don't know what the habits were in their neighborhood, maybe lights were on that early with commuters getting ready for work. Just guessing here. I'm pretty solid in my believe that the time and location of her murder was very well choreographed. What I do wonder, though, is if there were previously failed attempts. I wonder if the Austin trip was an opportunity that failed. That whole period of time is interesting to me........no information to base this on........but I wonder.

As requested, a short animation of the "stripped" perp, walking toward the camera. I will try to do one with/without gear later this week. Here's a start:

attachment.php
attachment.php
Thank you so much for your work. I have so much to say on both the Gif's and have been putting off a long post. Couple of points that apply to both the Back and Forward Gif's:

1. Foward Gif: The left foot lands heel-to-toe (normal), and the next step the left foot lands flat (abnormal). In the Back Gif, the same thing happens but first comes the flat foot landing, and then the heel-to-toe.

2. Whichever arm carries the hammer (tool) loses it's swing, mostly the backswing. In the Back Gif, the left arm no longer swings adequately. In the Forward Gif, it's the right arm.

3. In the Forward Gif, it is easier to see that the hip joints are laterally rotated (out) affecting each whole leg.
4. Both Gifs, the left foot pushoff is weak/inadequate (when the left foot is in the rear).
5. I do not see the torso bend to either side notably (in compensation for poor gait).
6. I do not see either shoulder dip laterally notably (in compensation for poor gait).

true enough.and Florida does have sunshine laws. What I really don't get is why LE has not shown the whole video of the SP inside the church. A local might well have some valuable insight. jmo

BBM

--enacted in 1976, ALL states have "sunshine laws" ( transparency of government), although the level of info differs depending on the state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_in_the_Sunshine_Act
Government in the Sunshine Act

https://ballotpedia.org/State_sunshine_laws
State Sunshine Laws

Would a random perp know enough to make sure murder was off camera or lucky coincidence? Would they know when MB came in to get her close to doors or lucky coincidence? Everytime I think random, I go back to these thoughts.
Such a tough case.

I keep flip flopping to either a random perp or someone she may have known.

The thing that makes me lean towards a random perp looking to just rob whatever he could is if it would have been someone purposely going after her then wouldnt the perp know her car wasnt there and wouldn't the perp want to just wait and abush her when she arrives.
Seems perp would have waited to where she would park and attack her before she even got inside.
Or perp would have known her car wasn't there and maybe would have not even went in till she got there. Why risk alarms or other things if her car wasn't even there. Assuming if he knew her he would know her car.

The fact the perp arrived at the church and was walking around before she even got there just has me thinking it could have been a random perp and when she arrived he felt trapped and felt he had to kill her to get away.

I suppose he could have known her and wanted to get inside before she got there and if he knew the room she worked out in then maybe he planned to get there early and ambush her inside. So I suppose it doesn't help lean us one way or the other that he got there first.

The things that make me lean to him knowing her is all the crazy swat gear. Seems a normal random perp would not dress like that and that seems extreme for any random perp. A random burglar would maybe have a ski mask and weapon or something. The gear the person had on was really bizarre and kind of makes me lean to someone that knew her. To protect him or herself when attacking her.

This case is very strange and thanks to everyone who have shared some good posts here. Its been interesting to read everyones ideas about the case.

Who is the person with the square around him, back to the camera?

Someone wearing a Fireman t shirt I presume. Someone said it looked like a female. When I looked at the video it appears to be male to me.

Would a random perp know enough to make sure murder was off camera or lucky coincidence? Would they know when MB came in to get her close to doors or lucky coincidence? Everytime I think random, I go back to these thoughts.

The more this case goes into months of being unsolved- I ask those same questions. If in fact LE's statements that it was not caught on camera is true. Here today I am back and forth on male/female. I still feel there is some camp or church connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is so interesting about the gym photo?

It just showed some possible connectivity to previous theories. We don't have information presently so some are going into historical findings. JMO

Maybe SW is not drunk but has some kind of muscle disease, MS or ALS he is very uncoordinated and off balance.
Good points. He could also have or have had a C-spine injury. Sometimes an abnormal gait or even below-the-waist paralysis begins in the C-spine. I wonder if he ever wore a halo.

What drives me batty is that his abnormal gait is not uniformly bilateral, or clearly unilateral, and the more I watch the video and BratBat's Gifs the more it looks like both legs have an abnormal step pattern, but it is two different problems. When I want to say it is the outcome of an accident, then it could also be a disease process. Batty!

I don't know how to upload a youtube, but this one is produced by a medical school. The actor is a healthy person, probably a student, depicting 6 abnormal gaits (5 of them are unilateral). In #1 Tredelenburg, he chose to tip his torso toward the dipped hip, but in other videos of real patients they tip their torso the opposite direction, and in one awful case the poor man tipping right and left all over. Check out the 4th gait Iliosoasi/Abductors for the right foot duck walk. And #3 Vasti. SwatPerp is doing all of these (except #5) LOL.

youtube=Q98WKpwIpkE

His comment about the "Bucket List" fishing trip has nagged at me. I consider anything on a "Bucket List" to be something you haven't done yet but want to do before you die. My interpretation is that the fishing trip was held every year, not that he went on the fishing trip. Maybe I missed something but has anyone found if he took this trip every year? If he did, why was it a "bucket list" trip?

Great observation, lonetraveler.

I didn't realize there is another video that has much more footage of the perp.

When he first goes to a door on the left, he has some kind of pry bar thing that he is trying to pry the door open and then he reaches to his vest or pockets and gives up on that door. Then later on he does have like a hammer almost like an ice climbing hammer. Then he has what looks like flashlight silver looking thing in left hand or that could be the hammer still. Then much later he has that box looking thing that looks like box of plastic wrap in left hand as he leaves another room towards end of video. That may have been after he killed her
He obviously had many pockets and tactical gear attached to his body or in pockets.

Anyway this video is the best I have seen and has a few parts to it. I didn't realize this one was out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY&feature=youtu.be

The limp walking I do think is just those leg guards the person had on that made it hard to walk. They are thick and would hit the back of the thigh. I think that maybe what is causing the limp type walk.

The person looks to not be real familar with their own equipment. Its almost like they bought all the tactical stuff just for this.
He/She seems to fumble getting out their own equipment when going for the pry bar near beginning of that latest video.
Telling me they are not real familiar with their own equipment.

They leave the pry bar thing hanging in the door while they reach for something else and then finally gives up on that door and puts the pry bar thingy back in pockets or hooked on oneself.

TeaTime, I noticed a limp in the last step too. One that I don't see on the original video. I keep thinking that may be due to having cut that last stride in half in the loop animation. I'll have to go over it some more later to see if there's an actual limp.

BatBrat - the right knee never fully straightens. I can't remember what it is called but after ACL repair, one of the PT goals is to be able to hyperflex the knee again. One sits on the floor, legs straight out and tries to lift the foot from the floor just by flexing the quadricep. Range of motion is limited, so sometimes this ability is never recovered. To me Green Man Walking can not hyperflex the knee joint.

And, I did look at BB's FB for photos of prior fishing trips and found none.

In looking at the video yet another time- the only time we see the right foot abducted is when they have their back to the camera.

His comment about the "Bucket List" fishing trip has nagged at me. I consider anything on a "Bucket List" to be something you haven't done yet but want to do before you die. My interpretation is that the fishing trip was held every year, not that he went on the fishing trip. Maybe I missed something but has anyone found if he took this trip every year? If he did, why was it a "bucket list" trip?
Maybe his bucket list reads similar to:
1. To take the time to go on an annual fishing trip to anywhere.

Great observation, lonetraveler.

IMO, the term Bucket List has morphed a little in the vernacular. It's original and strictest meaning was a one-time, before-you-die event/trip. Even last week, my older brother mentioned that watching my youngest brother actually do the dishes was bucket list item for him.

Someone wearing a Fireman t shirt I presume. Someone said it looked like a female. When I looked at the video it appears to be male to me.

Where I grew up, the firemen had workout facilities in there firehouses (and did so between calls). Here in Arlington, TX (about 20 mins away) they use the local gyms. About an hour ago there were 6 or 7 firemen working out at LA Fitness (along 287), in there fire shirts. Their trucks all parked ready to run if they needed to.

Two interpretations:
1. It is very very common that firemen work out in gyms here and the picture means nothing.
2. It's a convenient place where MB (who worked out a lot) and firemen (who work out a lot) could meet, mix and mingle. And she couldn't been developing relationships with them.

Good question.

One thing for sure is LE has edited that video and so we are just seeing clips of what they want us to see. I wonder if it became obvious to LE that he was waiting for her. He may have given himself or herself away before she got there that he was lying in wait for her.

Like hiding in the certain room for awhile and it being the room she goes into.

Just a guess but when he leaves the one room with the box looking thing I am guessing that was after he killed her since its the last clip.

Besides an ice climbing ice pick thingy the hammer could have also been a masonary or brick layers hammer. Those types of hammers are used to chip bricks and rocks when doing masonary work.

It sure looked stainless steel the hammer thing he had. Similar to one below.
I suppose it could have been a firemans tool also

http://www.bontool.com/product1.asp?P=B11-532

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members