OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXACTLY. AND all of a sudden ..... the two
"were not a risk to leave the area."

Gee, it's not like either one of these guys might decide to leave the area or go somewhere else.

hmmm, smells like a deal. But no worries....there is no connection between this case and the Roden murders....that he can see...yep, that's what the man said.

Another question: If the shatter lab was busted back in January, and if they're dropping charges against Boyer and Higgins now because they need more time to process evidence, what were they doing with the evidence from the shatter lab since January? Did they not begin processing it until last week? This doesn't make sense.

ETA: Adding links

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...s-dropped-derek-boyer-aaron-higgins/86145380/

The article also quotes the prosecutor saying dropping charges doesn't mean these men are "off the hook". Strange.

ETA #2 : Answering my own question above, the other charges could be federal charges for receiving pot in the mail. Please tell me the FBI and other feds will be involved.

Yes, IMO the Feds are totally involved. They seem to be calling all the shots...starting with totally dictating what local LE can publically release about any of these cases. With all the crap going on around there the past several years, that does make sense. Still, I never feel relief knowing the FBI is on it. They do have a big flub up rate.

You can be charged more than once for the same crime, you just can't be tried more than once.

This is strange. These were the guys involved in the bust of the shatter lab in Pike Co last January, the case we were looking at in relation to Rhodens.

No, I have a hinky feeling about the RJ person, too. If the handling of the cases of these two guys is hinky, why would the prosecutor be doing it in front of all the other investigators watching these cases? Strange.

ETA: Double checked and no, you can't be charged twice for the same crime. They would need to charge them for a different crime.
Is it possible charges were dropped in exchange for something....cooperation maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hmmm, smells like a deal. But no worries....there is no connection between this case and the Roden murders....that he can see...yep, that's what the man said.

Yep. Nothing to see here. Move along....

I found this odd just maybe someone had some info, who knows?

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...s-dropped-derek-boyer-aaron-higgins/86145380/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh! How can the charges be dropped when this was drugs being shipped from California? Wouldn't this involve the FBI? The female picked up the package 2 guys involved, and the street value was unbelievable. I'm in shock. Did they talk?
Did someone do something like a payoff?

I just find this very strange, and would LE really state if this case was related to the Rhoden's? No
JMO

Yet another attempt to pacify the public with these articles that reveal absolutely nothing. I watched channel 12 at 4pm today and the 2 second comments were a waste of time. I don't understand their thinking when dealing with the public. It is offensive to me and I'm sure alot of other people. But then again, what can anyone do about it?

Really why bother even saying anything if they have nothing to say.

http://local12.com/news/local/investigators-not-revealing-suspects-or-motives-in-pike-county-murder

While I agree with your sentiments given the brevity of the article, they did say something. The case is not cold, and there is evidence. I know this is not new to those of us following the case, but it's reassuring to know that many people are still working on the case.

Hmm that is a huge hook on everything to drop charges on the shatter lab that they have supposedly investigating since January. Probably rolled on someone up higher.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Either that or they don't have squat to make a conviction stick Quote: "Under Ohio law, criminal cases must proceed to trial within 90 days, unless the accused person waives that right." If they haven't been able to scrap together something since January then I am beginning to have serious concerns that they'll be able to ever solve the Rhoden/Gilley murders. I mean, it's a shatter lab. It's nothing nearly as serious as they make it out to be on the website.

No offense to ANY LE but I just don't know what to think. Started out positive thence, nothing has changed.

A possible cold case? 😮 Life seems to be normal around.

rsd you around, would like to hear from you

Either that or they don't have squat to make a conviction stick Quote: "Under Ohio law, criminal cases must proceed to trial within 90 days, unless the accused person waives that right." If they haven't been able to scrap together something since January then I am beginning to have serious concerns that they'll be able to ever solve the Rhoden/Gilley murders. I mean, it's a shatter lab. It's nothing nearly as serious as they make it out to be on the website.

Ah we posted at the same time!!!

This says a lot: Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said he was confident the case will eventually be solved.

That has been said over and over, this is just a routine standard statement in attempt to pacify the public because they were getting multiple calls yesterday in regards to a false rumor.

Somebody needs to call Ghostbusters - the originals!

Or possibly that one of the boys is from one of the more well off families in the area [emoji57]No reason that this one shouldn't go to trial. Not much different than a meth lab case...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was news today, an arrest with cartel connections, first time I've seen the term "cell head". Five kilos of cocaine.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/DEA-Cell-head-of-drug-trafficking-organization-arrested-in-Gallia-County-383783731.html

eta: Think I counted 42 kilos in that article.

One notable thing here is that the Mexican DTO ( could be cartel or street gang) that he obtained the coke from was/is operating in Lexington. And he lives in rural Ohio a couple of counties over from Pike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member