OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading the previous links about recent arrests .
Route 32 seems to be DrugRoute obviously owned by certain Mexican group out of Lexington.
Lexington is so nice, I hate to think of it.
anyway.
Route 32 Owned Drug Route
32 shots in total on April 22.

is this coincidence.

There is probably a very good reason for this. LE has collected a lot of evidence, interviewed dozens of people already. Yet, to my knowledge, LE have made no call to identify specific individuals or vehicles.

What does it tell you? It tells me either :
A) they have no clue where to search at this point
B) or they have a suspect identified but they don't have enough hard evidence to charge.

I am going with (B). What are your thoughts?

I'm starting to lean toward (A). Especially since Reader said they would eventually get it solved a few days ago.

Following a couple of local murders--and came across the "execution style" phrase again. In the local case here, it appears that "execution style" means that at least one of the shots was in the back of the head. They even turned the victim over to shoot him that way.

I don't know whether Ohio LE is using the term in the same way but I thought it was an interesting usage.

I cannot understand why LE has not released ANY of the"non-identifying" info I am certain they have. It has been stated with no new anything being released everybody's imagination has been working overtime. They could tell us they have begun to receive lab reports back on some of the evidence, or something! Granted, it would be stupid to say we found a library card in one of the homes that doesn't belong to any of the victims. Everybody who had dropped by there during the past month would be hunting furiously for their library card! But no news is just making everyone suspicious.

I cannot understand why LE has not released ANY of the"non-identifying" info I am certain they have. It has been stated with no new anything being released everybody's imagination has been working overtime. They could tell us they have begun to receive lab reports back on some of the evidence, or something! Granted, it would be stupid to say we found a library card in one of the homes that doesn't belong to any of the victims. Everybody who had dropped by there during the past month would be hunting furiously for their library card! But no news is just making everyone suspicious.

I'm definitely suspicious. There are a lot of secrets, corruption and unanswered questions in Pike County.

From reading the previous links about recent arrests .
Route 32 seems to be DrugRoute obviously owned by certain Mexican group out of Lexington.
Lexington is so nice, I hate to think of it.
anyway.
Route 32 Owned Drug Route
32 shots in total on April 22.

is this coincidence.
Woah never thought of the 32 shots! Maybe a warning to stay off 32's turf.
Also for those who are speculating on caliber, there were at least 2 guns used.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I am so proud,if it makes any difference, how the posters on this case make a jumbo effort to keep L.E'S feet to
the fire and your efforts to keep looking at trends and other crimes in the Pike County area keeps. leading you right
back to R.D.'S situation..Before long, one of you,,in your professional investigative ability,, will suddenly be right
on target and by the efforts of reliable local citizens,,be able to change the entire scheme of crimes committed
routinely and part of lifestyles....I can tell you right now, we are learning that the victim family might be a little
less noble than we first learned
...It is a given fact that I can not discuss my unwavering opinions as a poster,
but I enjoy reading yours..J.M.O.

BBM I don't recall the victims being held up as "noble". I personally would not call them "noble", but, I just honestly don't see them as horrible people (unless I've missed some recent news revelation) and see no reason to speak ill of them, based on what I know about them, and am still trying to reason why some nutcase (s), would take it upon themselves to determine when these folk's lives should end. And the nutcase(s) is still running around out there.

Your example of the memory card is very interesting. This could be evidence against someone who would claim to never being in the homes.

But for a suspect that would openly admit he/she has been in these homes many times before? What would you consider as useful evidence? Try to put yourself in the shoes of the AG with that scenario in mind. In that scenario you are looking for the weapon.

I don't believe in it for the following reasons:

1) Rhoden were not big shots
2) Caliber seems, imo, small for a hit job
3) why kill 8, and not a 9th who would know just as much
4) The choice of location to hit is not ideal: At night, pitbulls, armed victims, neighboring families, isolated route with little escape path.

Most important, the attitude of LE is not consistent with a hit job. They would be looking for associates. The neighbours and acquaintance of Rhoden's would have described visitors and so on. There would be calls to search individuals or vehicles, witnesses.

I don't see anything about a hired hit that would preclude the person or persons doing the killing being local and possibly even friends or relatives of the victims. Especially if it was about revenge or something like that instead of money or drugs.

http://www.10tv.com/watchlive
Interview in a few minutes. DEWine re: 2 months since Murders.

Well, that was short.
Doesnt sound good.
"people know more than they are saying"
calling on people to step up.
Had an anonymous, unseen Family member speak of " to kill 8 people in cold blood" ...

Essentially a plea for information.
Nothing more.

Interview continued at 6 pm.

Yepp definitely doesn't seem like they have a clue. I'll also be tuned into the family interview at 6.

I think there needs to be a reward of some kind out there. If there's a $50k reward out, then someone in the future is likely to get mad at the perps and rat them out.

Thank you so much for sharing this link. DeWine says nothing but Reader admits he is confident that others know more than they have shared. Who, Reader?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are welcome.
Lets hope the 6 pm interview has more.
Or at least sounds like they are making progress.

There is probably a very good reason for this. LE has collected a lot of evidence, interviewed dozens of people already. Yet, to my knowledge, LE have made no call to identify specific individuals or vehicles.

B) or they have a suspect identified but they don't have enough hard evidence to charge.

I too am going for B.

I think if somebody who had been friends with the family and everyone local knew, and they were questioned about their library card, they would openly admit they had been in the house on many occasions. But if one of the killers library card was found, and they tried to say they were friends of the family, as small a town they live in, it wouldn't take LE long to find out the truth. I think either way, that would be a huge find.

Somewhere in between.

I think if somebody who had been friends with the family and everyone local knew, and they were questioned about their library card, they would openly admit they had been in the house on many occasions. But if one of the killers library card was found, and they tried to say they were friends of the family, as small a town they live in, it wouldn't take LE long to find out the truth. I think either way, that would be a huge find.

Did I miss something? Was there a library card found?

No, nobody has found a library card, I was just using that as an example.

Was thinking that the number of people with a library card who could murder 8 people must be an extremely limited set. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ONF21772