Found Deceased FL - Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 *Arrest* #4

wink news just led the 4:00 news with the statement;
"was the disappearance of Diana Alvarez a cover up"

Came here to see if there were any updates on Diana. I'm all caught up but the biggest thing that stuck out to me is the above quote. WTF is that supposed to mean? What do they mean by a cover up?

Came here to see if there were any updates on Diana. I'm all caught up but the biggest thing that stuck out to me is the above quote. WTF is that supposed to mean? What do they mean by a cover up?

I think they mean he took Diana to coverup what he was doing to her but I could be wrong.

This new private attorney could also be working pro bono.
Big case, might get his name out there.

I had this thought today. All my own speculation, of course, and please attack my thinking with whatever you can.

Why would whatshisname groom someone that he was going to kill anyway, and kill so quickly? Why bother spending months trying to make a victim compliant when he was just going to kill her anyway? If that's what this was about, why not just kidnap her? Can someone help me out here?

That's why I thought, initially, that when they found him they would find her. Obviously that's not the case now or perhaps it's much more complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they mean he took Diana to coverup what he was doing to her but I could be wrong.
Ahhhhhhh that makes more sense. Maybe she said she was going to tell on him because she was mad he moved out......

this quote is from Busatta, today after the arraignment hearing & I believe the media ran with it
"There may be more charges pending, whether it be one party or parties involved, whether someone is covering up the disappearance of Diana."

I had this thought today. All my own speculation, of course, and please attack my thinking with whatever you can.

Why would whatshisname groom someone that he was going to kill anyway, and kill so quickly? Why bother spending months trying to make a victim compliant when he was just going to kill her anyway? If that's what this was about, why not just kidnap her? Can someone help me out here?

That's why I thought, initially, that when they found him they would find her. Obviously that's not the case now or perhaps it's much more complicated.

IMO, because he's a sick pervert and he could not control himself any longer. He may have hurt her to the point that she was going to tell and he killed her to keep her quiet. MOO. :furious:

Today's news looks promising that there will be charges soon.

One possibility:

He may have been grooming her with the intention of having a continuing "relationship" with her while living with her family.

But then when mom & step-dad noticed his inappropriate behavior and asked him to leave, he had to change his plans for her.

I hate it that Diana still hasn't been found.

One possibility:

He may have been grooming her with the intention of having a continuing "relationship" with her while living with her family.

But then when mom & step-dad noticed his inappropriate behavior and asked him to leave, he had to change his plans for her.

I hate it that Diana still hasn't been found.

Problem with that, for me, is that it doesnt seem they asked him to leave. It has been said that he said there was no more work so he had to leave. Then, in the mothers last interview, she said she did not think he did anything inappropriate. That "asked him to leave" story didnt stick around too long.

Problem with that, for me, is that it doesnt seem they asked him to leave. It has been said that he said there was no more work so he had to leave. Then, in the mothers last interview, she said she did not think he did anything inappropriate. That "asked him to leave" story didnt stick around too long.

Oh, I thought that was still part of the narrative. Did anyone explain why there was the story about the inappropriate behavior and asking him to leave, if that didn't happen?

Oh, I thought that was still part of the narrative. Did anyone explain why there was the story about the inappropriate behavior and asking him to leave, if that didn't happen?

When Busatta appeared significant parts of the narrative vanished without explanation.

When Busatta appeared significant parts of the narrative vanished without explanation.
JMO I think the mother and stepfather/mom's bf are naive about the law. They seem honest and forthright, a hardworking family just trying to make a living, raise their kids, and he at least is acquiring citizenship. The lawyer has their interests in his mind. If someone is charged in DA's disappearance, their defense is going to be that this family lost their child or did something to her, may make unfounded claims that they are bad parents, they could even have their children taken by CPS. The lawyer's job is to protect the interests of the parents including from aggressive defense lawyers, so he is just looking out for them, believes it is better if he speaks on their behalf (I agree.) It may also be that LE has suggested that they only say certain things and not other things.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...uilty-*advertiser censored*-charges/86431848/

A trial for Guerrero-Torres was set for Aug. 1
before federal judge Sheri Polster Chappel. A pre-trial hearing was also set for July 11.

BBM

..wow, that's super quick. evidently didn't ( as we so often see) waive his right to a speedy trial, yet.

JMO I think the mother and stepfather/mom's bf are naive about the law. They seem honest and forthright, a hardworking family just trying to make a living, raise their kids, and he at least is acquiring citizenship. The lawyer has their interests in his mind. If someone is charged in DA's disappearance, their defense is going to be that this family lost their child or did something to her, may make unfounded claims that they are bad parents, they could even have their children taken by CPS. The lawyer's job is to protect the interests of the parents including from aggressive defense lawyers, so he is just looking out for them, believes it is better if he speaks on their behalf (I agree.) It may also be that LE has suggested that they only say certain things and not other things.

I agree completely that they need a legal advocate and have from the day DA went missing. However, the lawyer can only change the narrative going forward and in the court of public opinion. Everything else that we know has been said is on multiple videos, videos that LE probably has too in an effort to glean more details. There's also whatever LE has from their interviews with the family. Regardless, if JGT or someone else is charged with DA's abduction or worse, the parents as witnesses for the state won't be on trial. A defense attorney may make them feel like they are when they testify but unfortunately that's the nature of beast.

Their lawyer did allude to "inappropriate touching" in the first news conference, and claimed LCSO mishandled the case in at least two ways, the AA delay and an officer asking UJ to call JGT and ask his DOB. IMO, not the best initial course for a legal liaison, to put LE on the defensive.

Making sure I remembered that right, I checked the vid of the PC. Busatta did say, "... their concern was (with?) [JGT] instantly and initially on the basis of inappropriate touching that they observed by [JGT] in the past and asked [JGT] not to come back to the residence." Starting at 01:09 in the video here.

Perhaps the "instantly and initially" bit is true and LE is aware of it. That's not how it came out in interviews with the media.

ETA: I didn't listen to the PC video further than that statement this morning. Too many versions are already swirling in my head.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher
Back