GUILTY MN - David Haiman, 20, Ball Club, 22 June 2016 - Decapitated

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Suspect accused of decapitating man he believed raped his girlfriend
063016_edge_decaptiation_1280.jpg

A man in northern Minnesota faces a murder charge for allegedly beating and decapitating his girlfriend's alleged rapist, local media reported Thursday.
According to a criminal complaint, Joseph Christen Thoresen beat David Haiman with a baseball bat, stabbed him, then used a machete to decapitate him as Haiman was groaning on the ground near the community of Ball Club last week.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/3...tating-man-believed-raped-his-girlfriend.html

I was just coming to post this Los. Should've known you were already on it ;) Their stories aren't adding up and I can't make sense of half of what they claimed. Am I the only one confused?

Thoresen, who was the passenger, was apprehended at gunpoint but initially released.

But when police questioned the driver — a man identified only as "T.M.C." — he said that Thoresen told him he had brutally beaten and decapitated the vehicle's owner a few days earlier.

The driver told police that Thoresen pulled a knife on him and forced him to speed away — but cops never found any knife — the complaint states.

The car was owned by a man from Hibbing, Minnesota, identified in the complaint as "D.A.H.," who had earlier been reported missing. NBC affiliate KARE and others have identified that man as David Haiman.

The driver said Thoresen told him he and his girlfriend were driving with Haiman when Thoresen attacked him.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rder-beheading-woman-s-alleged-rapist-n602121

I was just coming to post this Los. Should've known you were already on it ;) Their stories aren't adding up and I can't make sense of half of what they claimed. Am I the only one confused?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rder-beheading-woman-s-alleged-rapist-n602121

The woman told investigators that the couple then drove around with Haiman, in his car — while smoking marijuana and methamphetamine.

I suspected methamphetamine would make an appearance in this gruesome crime.

Wonder what the rest of the back story is on these characters.

This victim didn't rape her. That was a big fat lie, IMHO.

I suspected methamphetamine would make an appearance in this gruesome crime.

Wonder what the rest of the back story is on these characters.

Well, you called it!

http://kstp.com/news/girlfriend-charged-hibbing-man-decapitated/4186143/

Thoresen’s girlfriend said the three of them left in Haiman’s car to “score some bud” and ended up smoking with people in Deer River and then driving to Ball Club and smoking meth with another friend.
She said they drove around the woods, and Haiman repeatedly swore at them and called her a “*advertiser censored*.” The girlfriend said they had car trouble, and when Thoresen and Haiman got out of the vehicle, they argued.

They also say she hid the machete in her apartment.

Under her bed according to the complaint.

With her fingerprints on it. She told the police they would find her prints on it because "she moved it."

Drive around in a murder victim's car after-the-fact with an obscured license plate.

Don't wear your seat belt.

Keep a murder weapon under your bed. Don't even bother with wiping your prints off.

Tell a friend what you did.

Tell the police that you hid the murder weapon.

Go to jail.

A bunch of classic crackhead criminal minds.

Classic, too, in that mouths start running when police come calling.

Joe Thoresen and David Haiman were friends, at least on Facebook. They made an odd pair.

Thoresen was a 35-year-old with a temper and a rap sheet. Standing 6-foot-1 and weighing 225 pounds, he had been convicted three times for disorderly conduct and spent time in jail, Minnesota criminal records show.

Haiman was a whippet-thin 20-year-old with a penchant for cars and a habit of making funny faces in photos.

It is also unclear from the complaint whether there was any truth to the rape accusation that allegedly triggered the gruesome slaying.

Haiman’s friends did not appear to give the rape allegation much credence as they mourned the young man online.

More at the link:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...for-allegedly-raping-his-girlfriend-cops-say/

Woman pleads guilty in meth-fueled northern Minnesota beheading - February

http://www.twincities.com/2017/02/24/grand-rapids-woman-pleads-guilty-in-beheading-death-of-hibbing-man/

In exchange for a guilty plea to a lesser charge and future testimony, Kayleene Danielle Greniger avoided facing trial on a first-degree murder charge, which comes with the potential for life in prison.

Greniger pleaded guilty in Itasca County District Court to second-degree intentional killing and faces between 27 to 30 years in prison, based on sentencing guidelines. Her sentencing was initially scheduled for Dec. 4.

Jury trial underway for suspect in gruesome northern Minnesota beheading case

The Itasca County Clerk of Courts confirms the jury selection began Monday, and that the trial is expected to last for two weeks.

Emotions run high in Iron Range murder trial

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/news/4315662-emotions-run-high-iron-range-murder-trial

Greniger told the jury that Thoresen eventually drove out to a rural road in the Ball Club area, telling Haiman that the car was having issues and asking him to look under the hood. She said she was rolling a cigarette when she heard a "crack" that turned out to be Thoresen striking Haiman over the head with a baseball bat.

She testified that Haiman dropped to the ground and was again hit with the bat before both of them started stabbing the victim. Greniger admitted using the machete to decapitate him.

Her testimony, however, came under intense scrutiny from defense attorney Ward on cross-examination. Greniger spent much of the afternoon sparring with the attorney — and, at times, simply refusing to answer questions.

Ward attacked Webb's allegations that the couple together carried out the assault.

"It was Kayleene Greniger, not 'they,'" Ward said. "It was Kayleene Greniger who took the machete and whacked and whacked and whacked until she decapitated his head. She is conniving, calculated and a killer. (Thoresen) saw what she did. In no way did he kill David Haiman."

This is a horrible case, but when I opened it up to see the updates, I had a flood of emotions.

I miss you Los. You were dedicated, a true friend, and a wonderful person!

BCA: Blood DNA shows match in Itasca County beheading trial

Investigators found dozens of bloodstains and bloody objects — including a machete and a knife — during a June 2016 search of Joseph Christen Thoresen and Kayleene Danielle Greniger's apartment.

A forensic scientist with the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension testified that DNA from the machete blade and a bloodstain on the couple's closet door came from David Haiman, whose decapitated body was found in a remote area north of Ball Club in rural Itasca County last summer.

http://www.hibbingmn.com/free_press/bca-blood-dna-shows-match-in-itasca-county-beheading-trial/article_a5305d06-886e-11e7-928b-57af560e516c.html

Along with the machete Greniger said she used to remove Haiman’s head, investigators found a knife with Greniger’s blood on the blade. The sheath of the knife had DNA from a mix of three or more people.

BCA forensic scientist Teresa McGuire said Thoresen could not be ruled out as the source of the DNA, though 98.9 percent of the world’s population could be. Thoresen’s DNA was not found on the machete, however — nor on a bloody filet knife found in the trunk of the car Thoresen is accused of using to take Haiman to the site of his murder.

Jury to get Itasca County beheading case Friday

An emotional Greniger recalled to jurors how he saw his sister, Kayleene, and her boyfriend, Joseph Christen Thoresen, tie up 20-year-old David Haiman in the bedroom of their Grand Rapids apartment. He also testified about returning later and finding the bloody aftermath of an assault on the Hibbing man.

After Greniger admitted to a series of drug-related crimes from the witness stand, Itasca County chief prosecutor Todd Webb asked him why he agreed to testify without immunity.

“The kid deserves justice,” he testified. “Whatever he did, he didn’t deserve to die. He didn’t deserve to go through what he did.”

Greniger was the penultimate witness on the case’s fourth and final day of testimony. The prosecution rested its case Thursday — as did the defense, which did not call any witnesses.

Jury finds Thoresen guilty in Itasca County beheading case

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/crime/4317706-jury-finds-thoresen-guilty-itasca-county-beheading-case

A Grand Rapids man who was accused of helping his girlfriend stab, beat and behead 20-year-old David Haiman last year was found guilty Friday and immediately sentenced to life in prison.

After a weeklong trial, Joseph Thoresen was convicted of first-degree premeditated murder as well as first-degree murder while committing kidnapping. First-degree premeditated murder carries an automatic life sentence without the possibility of parole.

Jurors deliberated for about three hours before returning the verdict. Thoresen also was charged with second-degree intentional murder and second-degree intentional murder while committing assault; he was found not guilty of those charges.

Greniger's sentencing is scheduled for Dec. 4; she faces between 27 and 30 years in prison.

Greniger Sentenced to 30 Years in Beheading Case

http://www.grandrapidsmn.com/free_press/greniger-sentenced-to-years-in-beheading-case/article_b31e2d6e-b355-11e7-a858-57f105c1b99b.html

Kayleene Danielle Greniger, 23, was sentenced Monday, Oct. 16, to more than 30 years in prison for her role in the June 2016 slaying of 20-year-old David Alexander Haiman.

Weeping and struggling to speak, Greniger repeatedly apologized but told 9th Judicial District Judge Lois Lang that she wasn’t seeking empathy or forgiveness.

“I deserve to suffer every day for the rest of my life for what happened,” Greniger said. “So many lives have been forever changed.”

But she received an unlikely advocate in Haiman’s aunt. While many of the victim’s family members were present in the courtroom, including his parents, none initially expressed a desire to address the court — until Amanda Anderson stood to make a last-minute request, which the judge granted.

Anderson read several lines of scripture and told Greniger that she had forgiven her. Moreso, she said she wanted to be part of Greniger’s life while she’s incarcerated.

“I may have lost a nephew, but He brought you into my heart,” Anderson said.

The state’s high court issued the unanimous opinion Wednesday in the case of Joseph Christen Thoresen, who was convicted of premeditated first-degree murder in the death of 20-year-old David Alexander Haiman in rural Itasca County. The conviction carried an automatic life sentence without any opportunity for parole.

Minnesota Supreme Court upholds sentence in beheading case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back