AZ - 6-year-old librarian's Little Free Library stolen from Ahwatukee

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
6-year-old librarian's Little Free Library stolen from Ahwatukee
little%20anna_1467062423996_3495528_ver1.0.jpg

It's not a happy start to the Fourth of July for 6-year-old Anna Wolcott and her family in Ahwatukee, Arizona. Recently, we shared that Anna was one of the first to start up a Little Free Library in her community.
Now, her Little Free Library has been stolen.
cute_1467062620533_3495531_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.12news.com/opinion/go-as...-free-library-stolen-from-ahwatukee/263365019

Sad lessons in life. :-(

I hope Anna is not permanently discouraged and chooses to try again.

Seriously, WHY would you do this for any reason other than to be mean to a little child?

My daughter put one in her front yard two years ago. It is mounted on a pole which is secured in cement - like a fence post. It is well used in her low income neighborhood. Let's hope someone helps this little girl get hers replaced and secured.

i wonder if it was close enough to the curb that someone may have thought it was furniture put out for free/ garbage pickup?? One can at least hope it was just a misunderstanding. : (

i wonder if it was close enough to the curb that someone may have thought it was furniture put out for free/ garbage pickup?? One can at least hope it was just a misunderstanding. : (

I wondered that too- because from the pictures I can see how that might happen.

Was an address or other info ever given out to send books or funds to help her get re-established?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136
Back