MN - Philando Castile, 32, shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A highway built years ago represents the destruction of their neighborhood??? Does this hold true for all the other highways they have blocked and tried to block? Who knew...and here I thought they were protesting police shootings...

There are restrictions on free speech. It has been reiterated time and again that blocking a highway is dangerous for everyone. But the protesters not only don't care about their own lives they are flagrantly disregard anyone else impacted by their specialness.

Yes, we are not Iran or North Korea, for instance. Do you recall when the Vets from WWI were protesting in Washington DC and I think they were burned down, was it? There is a long history of protests in the US and the protesters being attacked. Lots of info by google.

Where would our country be without the right of workers to unionize and strike?

PC had worked at the same job for years, was well liked, and he looked out for the children at the school.

He was also very irresponsible, having about 50 vehicle violations, driving without a license, driving without insurance, etc, as well as being a heavy user of illegal drugs. It's too bad the school he worked for didn't do regular drug testing. He would have been out of a job. Imagine how many times he drove a car, and showed up to work with those kids, while under the influence. Imagine if something happened to one of those kids at the school, and he was found to be using drugs. And apparently he was ok with the drug use while his GF's 4 year old was in the car, and so was she.

He may have been well liked, and had a job, but he broke *a lot* of laws regularly, and IMO, that is very irresponsible.

We do not yet know what exactly happened prior to the girlfriend using her phone to video record. We do know he was pulled over because he closely resembled an ARMED robbery suspect.

Has a preliminary autopsy report been released yet?

nothing has been released as far as i know.

where is the evidence that he was a heavy user of illegal drugs?

I-94 represents the destruction of their neighborhood. Don't know why they chose the Governor. I think most people have no idea of how the govt works.

Completely disagree with this comment about I-94.

I'd guess not a single one of the "protestors" blockading I-94 was even born when that highway was built, or know anything at all about the history of the highway. That's a straw man argument.

Choosing I-94 to blockade is about attention getting, law breaking behavior, creating the most havoc as possible. It's also about forcing police to commit lots of officers and resources to "handling" their illegal assembly. And about provoking a response from police, so that they can start throwing rocks and frozen water bottles at officers in the escalation to full on riot behavior. As in, "those mean police arrested that guy for just dropping a water bottle".

IMO, the protestors main goals are to provoke police, and then escalate their illegal behavior to "justify" rioting. It has little to nothing to do with Philando Castile, IMO-- that's just the excuse of the moment.

Rioters blockading a major highway has nothing at all to do with the history of labor unions, either. That's also a straw argument.

Completely disagree with this comment about I-94.

I'd guess not a single one of the "protestors" blockading I-94 was even born when that highway was built, or know anything at all about the history of the highway. That's a straw man argument.

Choosing I-94 to blockade is about attention getting, law breaking behavior, creating the most havoc as possible. It's also about forcing police to commit lots of officers and resources to "handling" their illegal assembly. And about provoking a response from police, so that they can start throwing rocks and frozen water bottles at officers in the escalation to full on riot behavior. As in, "those mean police arrested that guy for just dropping a water bottle".

IMO, the protestors main goals are to provoke police, and then escalate their illegal behavior to "justify" rioting. It has little to nothing to do with Philando Castile, IMO-- that's just the excuse of the moment.

Rioters blockading a major highway has nothing at all to do with the history of labor unions, either. That's also a straw argument.

The history of the destruction of a neighborhood may not be in lots of people's lives,but I know in the MN city where I lived, the freeway destroyed a working class neighborhood over 40 years ago and people remember. There is still the division of the now lower class white neighborhood from the more well to do neighborhoods. This topic has not gone away for over 40 years. It continues to be the source of hard feelings of poorer whites against the well to do whites,

I read that not too long ago, maybe within the last five years,kids were chanting af a sport's event, "Your dad works for my dad. " As you can imagine, that did not go over well.

Ok so the real reason why the protesters are taking over freeways has to do with the destruction of their neighborhoods???

Not what I'm seeing from their words and deeds...

nothing has been released as far as i know.

where is the evidence that he was a heavy user of illegal drugs?

Have you seen the youtube videos of him and his girlfriend smoking weed with the little girl in the backseat breathing it in? I'd link to them but I think it's against TOS.

He was also very irresponsible, having about 50 vehicle violations, driving without a license, driving without insurance, etc, as well as being a heavy user of illegal drugs. It's too bad the school he worked for didn't do regular drug testing. He would have been out of a job. Imagine how many times he drove a car, and showed up to work with those kids, while under the influence. Imagine if something happened to one of those kids at the school, and he was found to be using drugs. And apparently he was ok with the drug use while his GF's 4 year old was in the car, and so was she.

He may have been well liked, and had a job, but he broke *a lot* of laws regularly, and IMO, that is very irresponsible.

We do not yet know what exactly happened prior to the girlfriend using her phone to video record. We do know he was pulled over because he closely resembled an ARMED robbery suspect.

Has a preliminary autopsy report been released yet?

UBM

Do you have a link to PC was a heavy drug user? That has not been posted here, not have I seen it anywhere else. A prelim autopsy has been released - you made an accusation of drug use without reading that?

In post # 977 you state - ' ... and I think personally that it is disgraceful that politicians are making any statements at all before we have the whole story.'

If we don't have the whole story, how can one make any accusations? Especially where only an autopsy/tox screen will confirm any facts?

Jmo following a post does not change that something without backup was stated as fact.

Ok so the real reason why the protesters are taking over freeways has to do with the destruction of their neighborhoods???

Not what I'm seeing from their words and deeds...

They said it was chosen as the site because of that fact.

Have you seen the youtube videos of him and his girlfriend smoking weed with the little girl in the backseat breathing it in? I'd link to them but I think it's against TOS.

Kind of O/T. I am not a drug user including alcohol. MJ is now legal in so many places. Is it against the law in those places to be smokimg by kids? Never thought of it as a question until now

So the cop is the victim here?

Kind of O/T. I am not a drug user including alcohol. MJ is now legal in so many places. Is it against the law in those places to be smokimg by kids? Never thought of it as a question until now

If it isn't, it should be. Child neglect at the very least.

They said it was chosen as the site because of that fact.

Tons of neighborhoods 'destroyed' by interstates, some entire towns gone to ghost because they were no longer on what used to be thoroughfares...after 40 freakin years its called history. If the neighborhood was truly 'vibrant' then the folks would be able to take their vibrancy elsewhere. Otherwise hey, maybe not so vibrant...

Similar thing happend with convention center in my town, plopped down in middle of ethnic neighborhood. Wrong place for it yes, but instead the neighborhood evolved around it.

I said nothing about the cop. I was replying to someone who asked how we knew that PC was a drug user.

That's not here under TOS. Maybe not required in this case?

The accusation was heavy drug user - and if a child is present under any drug using circumstances, I don't find that OK at all. Is that what got him shot to death? Kindly weave together what is being said - looks all over the map from here. Also looks to me like the cop is being made out as the victim.

The interstates are all about attention.

But if they think it is going to draw people to their cause in a positive way they are wrong...

Let's just rip that freeway and put things back the way they were, yup.

IMO, smoking marijuana in the privacy of one's own home should not be a crime. Smoking marijuana in a closed vehicle with a child should be a crime, but still not punishable by death. However, it does show a reckless disregard for others. Someone who would force a 4-year-old to get a contact high and also drive around under the influence with a child in the car would probably not be incredibly cooperative during a traffic stop. The bottom line is, I don't have enough information at this time to say whether the shooting was justified or not.

The interstates are all about attention.

But if they think it is going to draw people to their cause in a positive way they are wrong...

Let's just rip that freeway and put things back the way they were, yup.

I do not think it is a plea for positive just like the sanitation strike, the bus boycott, the camping by the White House by WWI vets was trying to get positive affirmation. It is about desperation. No one is listening. What do you do?

IMO, smoking marijuana in the privacy of one's own home should not be a crime. Smoking marijuana in a closed vehicle with a child should be a crime, but still not punishable by death. However, it does show a reckless disregard for others. Someone who would force a 4-year-old to get a contact high and also drive around under the influence with a child in the car would probably not be incredibly cooperative during a traffic stop. The bottom line is, I don't have enough information at this time to say whether the shooting was justified or not.

Do you know what the laws are? I do not think it is good. Did you know William F. Buckley Jr. used mj and thought it was a great idea? Is smoking cigs in a car illegal?

The only thing I know about is meth. I think that gets one child sbuse charges in MN. Not sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53