NOTGUILTY MN - Philando Castile, 32, shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by MzOpinion8d, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. human

human Well-Known Member

I do not drink so don't know. Can you drink in a car if no one is driving at the time? Don't know if it is true anymore, but in Louisiana they had drive in's where you could get a drink. The driver could not be drinking but everyone else could.

In MN, you cannot have an open bottle in a car, but is that only while moving?

2. SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline Active Member

I don't live in Minnesota, but in my state you cannot have an open container in the car. An acquaintance of mine got a violation for it even though he was parked in a grocery store parking lot at the time.

According to my google research, smoking cigarettes in a car with children is not yet illegal in MN.

3. human

human Well-Known Member

What about mj in states where it is legal? It is not in MN

4. SweetCaroline

Even in states where MJ is legal, it's still illegal to drive while under the influence of it. Personally, I think operating a car while under the influence of ANY mind-altering substance is wrong.

5. human

human Well-Known Member

I think I posted the info re driving and mj in MN. I forget what it said. I use nothing and have never had a legal drink in my life. Had illegal before age 21 back then.

Anyway, what are the laws in CO regarding kids and mj in the same room? Are there laws re driving? I know a big wig in CO re pot and he said they are worried sbout Big Pot More and more advertising how their pot is even stronger than another pot brand. And the pot disguised as gummy worms. For adults, but what effect on kids? Lots of issues.

6. galiuro

galiuro Member

On the contrary we are listening...and still not agreeing with everything they are saying. And will not as long as they continue to build their case on a lie, specifically that of the Michael Brown case...

7. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

Do you have a link? Do you know who posted it? Was it from a verified account? Thanks.

8. GeeEm

GeeEm New Member

By NO MEANS trying to answer for SC's post she can provide the link but all I did before was Google: Diamond Lavish Reynolds smoking weed with Philando Castile 4 yr old

Thanks

JMO 🐮

9. human

human Well-Known Member

I don't think they are asking for permission from people to validate them.

10. human

human Well-Known Member

I am not a drug user nor do Iike the use of any recreational drugs including alcohol. I know I am not in the mainstream . Here is what I think is a good article on the questions of parents and pot.

What surprises me is how many people use pot recreationally. Doctors, teachers , business people of all sorts. Maybe people are not as surprised as I am.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...4549c8-f977-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

11. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

I just googled this and there are multiple YouTube postings of a video from different users. I would not see it is verified, as it is not clear how these users got the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

IMO, every one of these teachers who were arrested should be placed immediately on administrative leave in their local school districts where they are employed. They should not be permitted to begin the school year until their legal cases are completely disposed of, which will likely take much of the first semester, if not longer. I would make sure they were suspended without pay, if possible.

If I were on the school board of any of their districts, I would push for a prompt emergency meeting of the Board to take official action, including administrative leave pending review. I believe they should be fired for this behavior, but would have to spend about a year or more fighting with the unions over that, I'm sure. At a minimum, I would condemn their actions that lead to their arrest in letters to the editors of local publications, and give interviews saying the same. This is disgraceful behavior for a licensed teacher, demonstrates very poor judgement, and is very worrisome for *anyone* who works with children, IMO. And enormously distracting from the issues that teachers and districts are SUPPOSED to be focusing on in their professional capacity. Just sick.

Absolutely disgraceful conduct for someone who wants to be considered as a licensed professional.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/19/teachers-arrested-in-minneapolis-philando-castile-protest/

13. SweetCaroline

I'm not sure what the rules are about what accounts are verified or not. I assume we can talk about the girlfriend's Livestream videos on Facebook, since that's what brought us here in the first place. That's where the videos are.

14. bluesneakers

Is there a thread yet for this man?

Police Shoot Autistic Man's Caretaker as He Lies in Street

15. bluesneakers

Thank you!

16. bluesneakers

Thank you. When I go searching on youtube there are always so many videos I get overwhelmed. I can't believe how many videos are of people talking about other videos. I don't care what Bozo Joe thinks about what he saw. JMO

17. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Yes. This is alarming in do many ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

But in this specific case, there is a video showing the couple smoking pot in their car, while behind the steering wheel of the car, with their baby strapped in her car seat. That is offensive, in my opinion. Added to the fact that he never had a valid drivers license, even after being stopped repeatedly for years, for driving w/out a license or insurance. That means to me that he was a pretty unreliable person and not the 'gold standard' that he is being held up to be. Now YES, I know that does not mean he deserves a death sentence. OBVIOUSLY. But it does make me wonder if the girlfriend is telling the true story of the event. It seems quite possible that he was distracted, erratic, and it did not happen in the way that she has described. JMO :cow:

19. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This thread is now closed.

Please continue discussion at Thread #2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.