Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up on reading this thread. My deepest condolences go out to the family and friends of Sierah. There are no words to ease the pain and grief you must be feeling. I'm chilled to realize that I drove by your area on the Ohio Turnpike the day before Sierra was taken. I'm not a local so I don't have much to contribute but I will be following this thread. RIP Sierah.

I wonder if LE found him so quickly because they have an eye witness? I hope they have tons of evidence against him.

They really are not that rare. In the mid 70's there was a rash of men hitting women on bicycles with their car/truck in Southern Michigan then trying to abduct/rape. One famous case was Jill Berman from Bloomington Indiana.

The sketch of suspect in Jill's case looks exactly like Worley just younger - as he would have been.

See this article then scroll down to see the sketch. I'd post photo of sketch but I'm on my phone and can't find a way to post pic from phone

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Jill_Behrman

Can someone post a picture of his house? I don't have the address, but if you type into google you could get the google streetview?

Recently took my Mom to the county she was born and raised in. Spent the day going down old country roads while she told me stories after stories of who use to live here and there, and when they lived here and there, etc. She walked over a half a mile to school as a 6 yr old. The bus stopped at a church, and no houses were in view of that church. The store was still there, and it was almost 1.5 miles from the place she lived. They walked to the store. No electricity, no telephone, no vehicle. She spoke of picking blackberries on the walk home from school. Times just seemed safer then. Maybe because communication wasn't easily available, and news wasn't 24/7 back then. They didn't even know school was closed due to a major flood because there was no radio, tv, or phone for anyone to tell them what was going on beyond where they lived!

And yet, a 20 yr old riding their bike SHOULD be safe! SHOULD have a normal attitude that it's assumed safe, and assumed she'll get to her destination and back home! Having been on this forum for many years, my innocence is gone. My kids use to say I followed too many cases because I wouldn't allow them to do this or that due to safety issues. As young adults now, they are now telling me I was right. This world is scary and dangerous. No one is safe anywhere. Not even in your home. The only thing I can say, someone can take my life, but they can't take my soul!!! I've said that phrase so many times that I pray if anything were to ever happen to me, my kids would hold onto that. My earthly body is just that, meant for this earth. I firmly believe in that.

I hope one day we can feel safe again. One day we can let our guard down for a few minutes, and not feel guilt if something happens. The cruelty engulfing us must change! Yes evil lurks and always has. But the knowledge of all the evil that abounds is just too much. Not safe in a movie theater, not safe at parades, not safe at a club, not safe at school, not safe at work, not safe in your home, not safe in church....it just goes on and on.

I pray for Sierrah's boyfriend. There's no way he could have predicted such horror happening. No way he had a crystal ball fortelling the future. No way anyone knew but the perp knew of this evil! No way it could have been avoided or stopped. Sadly if not Sierrah, it would have been someone else. There's just no way to know the what if's and the why's. It sucks. Second guessing won't being Sierrah back. The best we can do is move forward. One step at a time, one hour at a time. Lots of deep breathing, and relying on others at this time. Be kind to yourself!!!

I also wonder how LE got him so quickly. He isn't a registered sex offender, is he?

He is not an RSO but I'm sure LE immediately looked at files from known criminal offenders in the area and their eyes popped out of their sockets when they realized what he had been convicted for in the early 90s. I think that's how they got his house so quickly. Once there they either found an item of hers, or saw blood, or he acted very suspicious, so they started investigating further. I guess for them to get a search warrant to dig up his barn and surroundings they must have found something. imo He was sloppy.

It has been quoted that JW wasn't talking in MSM. So that's out.
It has been mentioned in here that possibly a scent dog picked up in the barn .... either because that was location of crime or perhaps his vehicle was in there or other possibilities. And then outside of the barn, the same has been mentioned (where they dug). Is it also possible that it was a disturbed area and they HAD to investigate? Beyond simpler equipment to be sure? I was just reading this article about using an excavator and then sifting after. If they've been at his house for two days behind trees and such, maybe they have been sifting dirt for this long? http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...unty_dig_related_to_35-year-old_homicide.html

I think LE immediately had the same thoughts we have - that he might be connected to more than one missing person case. For all we know they quickly found proof that he is indeed responsible for more than just Sierah's murder (photos, trophy items, female clothing that is unlikely to belong to his mother, etc). So they started excavating.

<modsnip>

Been away dealing with my real life, my husbands grandmother passed away, so it was a tough week. Coming and reading this story, with such a tragic ending, really puts things in perspective. His grandmother passing will leave a hole in our life, one that nothing can fill, however, we were so blessed to have her for so long. We can look at the room of people of who wouldn't be here without her, from children to great grandchildren. Their is solace in knowing she had a long life, had a chance to pursue her dreams and goals. From a bud, to a flower and back to earth again. But this robbed Sierah of all that. She was still just a flower bud, getting ready to bloom, to show everyone who loved her what she was and would be and there is just nothing that can take the injustice out of that. Right now I'm so angry, angry that anyone could think they have the right to take a precious life, one that was truly still just beginning. One that was beautiful, inside and out. Part of me wants to speak about getting justice for her, I'm usually the first to say end these type of people, but right now I'm just stuck on the totality of knowing there will never be enough justice to equal out the balance beam of wrong and right. This is just unfair. Completely unfair, and I am so so sorry for all those who loved her and will carry many unfair burdens that have been put on them because of the actions of a monster. My prayers are with you.

Thank you for this, Dogface. This was perfectly said, and I could not find my own words to express all you said.

I am sorry you lost a grandmother of hubby. bless her soul for all the good she leaves behind.

http://www.wtol.com/story/32507673/...an-charged-in-disappearance-of-sierah-joughin

--snip

On Sunday afternoon, Sheriff's Deputies, the Ohio Attorney General's Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the FBI were once again at Worley's property searching for and removing evidence, however no statement was made.

Worley is charged with a single count of abduction, a third degree felony. In court, the judge ordered him to be held without bond until his next court appearance, which is scheduled for Wednesday, July 27 at 1:15 p.m.

http://www.wtol.com/story/32507673/...an-charged-in-disappearance-of-sierah-joughin

--snip

On Sunday afternoon, Sheriff's Deputies, the Ohio Attorney General's Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the FBI were once again at Worley's property searching for and removing evidence, however no statement was made.

Worley is charged with a single count of abduction, a third degree felony. In court, the judge ordered him to be held without bond until his next court appearance, which is scheduled for Wednesday, July 27 at 1:15 p.m.
Why just abduction, and not murder?

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

I think you might be accidentally posting in the wrong thread Starry?

Besides a truck/tow truck and possible motorcycle, do we know what other vehicles may be linked to the suspect and/or his residence?

I think you might be accidentally posting in the wrong thread Starry?

Just to clarify, my above post (can't edit it anymore) was in response to a post that has since been removed.

((((((((Dogface))))))))
:grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads