Tire Tracks, Shoe Prints and DJH's cars

Did you take into account the small stones in the edges of the print, and that the front half of the print is much sharper and deeper than the back half? It is very difficult to fake a print. The print would be devoid of any pressure releases as it would be a flat down in and back up with a hand inside the shoe..no deeper toe or heal impression as in a walking gait. This print has at least three visible pressure releases/indicators. There is also a larger and some smaller stones in the right rear part of the print that is forced into the dirt slightly, but not fully indicating Jacobs full weight was not on the rear portion of his shoe. There is also some debris in the back half of the print from dirt/dust falling out of the sneaker pattern. A hand in a sneaker would have pushed the stone down further and the print would have been uniform front to back. A further indication this was not faked is the "mounding" around the toe and front sides of the print. The foot/sneaker that made this print slid forward slightly with weight in the front half before the sneaker was lifted out heal first and toe last. It is why the stones at the front are outside the print, not in it.

I'm not saying it was planted by hand anymore or faked. I'm saying that is a planted footprint in the way that mund would squat down near the tire track then pull out from that footprint. The detail left of the shoe in the gravel is showing me someone put forward pressure and pulled out, instead of the footprint going forward and in.

We can try to draw conclusions and opinions all we want on this driveway, we're never going to feel satisfied now. There is simply too much more of the print field to be had.

Noone in LE has identified the footprint in the paused video. Be careful what you see as fact from other outlets.

We can try to draw conclusions and opinions all we want on this driveway, we're never going to feel satisfied now. There is simply too much more of the print field to be had.

On this point we agree totally.

I remember back 2 years ago now when I thought the footprint had to be faked based on lack of other footprints, the detail, and the closeness and direction it faced towards the tire track. I did a hands on test, putting my hand in my shoe and going out to the garden to try it in the dirt. What I had to do to replicate the footprint was to put my hand in the shoe then drive the front part of the shoe into the dirt as hard as I could, I then had to turn my hand from left to right several times to get the indentation into the ground (I imagine Mund would kind of wiggle back and forth as he is kneeling down for balance and position) Then to leave the detail of the bottom of the shoe as good as I could, I pushed down hard, then lifted the shoe out or back. I get the feeling if I stepped in and in that there would be a slide or swipe of dirt backwards, and not leaving the detail we see.

It does not seem like the media is allowed on the crime scene

http://www.csitechblog.com/crime-scene-investigation/

The responding officer(s) should:

Control all individuals at the scene — prevent individuals from altering or destroying physical evidence by restricting movement, location, and activity while ensuring and maintaining safety at the scene.
Identify all individuals at the scene, such as:
Suspects. Secure and separate.

Witnesses. Secure and separate.

Bystanders. Determine whether they were witnesses, if so treat as above, if not, remove from the scene.

Victims/family/friends. Control while showing compassion.

Medical and other assisting personnel.

Exclude unauthorized and nonessential personnel from the scene (e.g., law enforcement officials not working the case, politicians and media).

SOP is not always what occurs, even today. I have arrived at a missing persons LKP/PLS and found it full of footprints from panicked family to LE and media. You would be amazed at the curious folks who walk into crime scenes and search areas before LE can secure it.

I remember back 2 years ago now when I thought the footprint had to be faked based on lack of other footprints, the detail, and the closeness and direction it faced towards the tire track. I did a hands on test, putting my hand in my shoe and going out to the garden to try it in the dirt. What I had to do to replicate the footprint was to put my hand in the shoe then drive the front part of the shoe into the dirt as hard as I could, I then had to turn my hand from left to right several times to get the indentation into the ground. Then to leave the detail of the bottom of the shoe as good as I could, I pushed down hard, then lifted the shoe out or back. I get the feeling if I stepped in and in that there would be a slide or swipe of dirt backwards, and not leaving the detail we see.

And why I do simulations in damp play sand. It holds impressions better and highlights pressure releases that may not be evident in the original. Then I try and replicate the print in as close to the original ground material as possible and look for those same pressure releases. Try your test again in damp play sand. You will be amazed at the pressure releases you get when you try the same tests.

Noone in LE has identified the footprint in the paused video. Be careful what you see as fact from other outlets.

I went back and looked at the pictures. Mund appears to be wearing leather dress shoes, which are flat on the bottom, other than nicks etc in the leather. If I had to hazard a guess on what he would be spraying, it would be release agent for the plaster casts or clear coat to fix the print and protect it from aging and weather erosion for a day or so. The sneaker that appears in the picture with the red clothing you posted earlier has the same pattern as the print that is thought to be Jacobs.

I went back and looked at the pictures. Mund appears to be wearing leather dress shoes, which are flat on the bottom, other than nicks etc in the leather. If I had to hazard a guess on what he would be spraying, it would be release agent for the plaster casts or clear coat to fix the print and protect it from aging and weather erosion for a day or so. The sneaker that appears in the picture with the red clothing you posted earlier has the same pattern as the print that is thought to be Jacobs.

The picture of Mund kneeling down was proven by Tinner007 that he is in fact wearing Nikes.

The picture of Mund kneeling down was proven by Tinner007 that he is in fact wearing Nikes.

Sorry, I was looking at another picture where they were looking at tire prints.

Anyone still have a link to the picture Sas is talking about? I neglected to save it in my Wetterling file.

Nevermind...I found the picture. I did have a copy. Will see if what Mund is wearing matches what Jacob was said to have been wearing.

Sorry, I was looking at another picture where they were looking at tire prints.

Anyone still have a link to the picture Sas is talking about? I neglected to save it in my Wetterling file.

Nevermind...I found the picture. I did have a copy. Will see if what Mund is wearing matches what Jacob was said to have been wearing.

All nike bottoms were the same in 1989, don't even bother. And even still, its only the front half of the shoe in the dirt and blurry at that, how to say the shoe said is jacobs is the half pattern on the driveway?

OK, I blew up the photographs as large as I could and it appears that the pattern on the side of Mund's sneakers is not the same as is on what we are told Jacob was wearing. Mund's has a large dark over light pattern on the side where "Jacobs" has a small dark swosh over white with a white curved piece over top of the dark. From what I can tell, they appear to be different sneakers. The photograph of the style sneaker we are told Jacob was wearing is shown with a red jacket, red top and blue pants and is identified as "authorities released photos of cloths similar to the ones Jacob Wetterling was wearing the night he was abducted"View attachment 98856View attachment 98857View attachment 98858

OK, I blew up the photographs as large as I could and it appears that the pattern on the side of Mund's sneakers is not the same as is on what we are told Jacob was wearing. Mund's has a large dark over light pattern on the side where "Jacobs" has a small dark swosh over white with a white curved piece over top of the dark. From what I can tell, they appear to be different sneakers. The photograph of the style sneaker we are told Jacob was wearing is shown with a red jacket, red top and blue pants and is identified as "authorities released photos of cloths similar to the ones Jacob Wetterling was wearing the night he was abducted"View attachment 98856View attachment 98857View attachment 98858

Interesting stuff, but Im just confused now.

Interesting stuff, but Im just confused now.

I will try and pin down exactly what model sneaker Mund is wearing. Was Tinner007 100% sure Mund was wearing Nike's? Did he have a photo comparison or some source information? Not debating, just wondering.

I will try and pin down exactly what model sneaker Mund is wearing. Was Tinner007 100% sure Mund was wearing Nike's? Did he have a photo comparison or some source information? Not debating, just wondering.

He magnified the picture really good and then the nike symbol was plain as day to us.

IMO....it's all a moot point. Detective Mund walked into the print field.....he is within the semi-circular barrier established by LE as can be seen in the photograph. I can't prove it....but it is logical to me that the detective would not walk into that restricted area unless there was a specific task to be performed(spraying for a cast of Jacob's last footprint I presume- and photographed by another LE or perhaps the media) OR a staged photo of such after the fact. I think it's the former. Additionally, there is video of 2 detectives walking east very nonchalantly.....following something.......they are obviously oblivious to the footprints they themselves are creating on DR's driveway. This action, combined with the photo of Detective Mund, indicates to me that LE had already honed in upon the pertinent foot + tire print evidence. Having said that, I agree with Sasquatch 321 in that we have not and may never see the entire print field and also that it may indeed have been contaminated(my opinion only). But I also agree with Trackergd in that Jacob's last footprint characteristics are authentic and would be most difficult if not impossible to fabricate(IMO). Not only physically but also logistically. If THAT picture of "supposedly" Jacob's last footprint is indeed and in fact the foot print of Detective Mund's Nike shoes......then I give up. Because that would be a colossal, incompetent mistake. I don't think LE is that stupid. But logistically......who, when, why, how..... could someone anticipate such a footprint? I think no one. IMO that shoeprint is the last vestige of Jacob Wetterling anyone knows. And yes, it is very close to the tire track in the photo.....as an experiment....park your vehicle on a gravel road....open the door and enter the vehicle headfirst as if you're being forced to by another party and then see where your footprint lies. I myself have no doubt that Jacob Wetterling's last footprint is indicative of such a scenario and that LE's initial reaction to the crime was correct......as for the detour in 2004.....I have no explanation.

IMO....it's all a moot point. Detective Mund walked into the print field.....he is within the semi-circular barrier established by LE as can be seen in the photograph. I can't prove it....but it is logical to me that the detective would not walk into that restricted area unless there was a specific task to be performed(spraying for a cast of Jacob's last footprint I presume- and photographed by another LE or perhaps the media) OR a staged photo of such after the fact. I think it's the former. Additionally, there is video of 2 detectives walking east very nonchalantly.....following something.......they are obviously oblivious to the footprints they themselves are creating on DR's driveway. This action, combined with the photo of Detective Mund, indicates to me that LE had already honed in upon the pertinent foot + tire print evidence. Having said that, I agree with Sasquatch 321 in that we have not and may never see the entire print field and also that it may indeed have been contaminated(my opinion only). But I also agree with Trackergd in that Jacob's last footprint characteristics are authentic and would be most difficult if not impossible to fabricate(IMO). Not only physically but also logistically. If THAT picture of "supposedly" Jacob's last footprint is indeed and in fact the foot print of Detective Mund's Nike shoes......then I give up. Because that would be a colossal, incompetent mistake. I don't think LE is that stupid. But logistically......who, when, why, how..... could someone anticipate such a footprint? I think no one. IMO that shoeprint is the last vestige of Jacob Wetterling anyone knows. And yes, it is very close to the tire track in the photo.....as an experiment....park your vehicle on a gravel road....open the door and enter the vehicle headfirst as if you're being forced to by another party and then see where your footprint lies. I myself have no doubt that Jacob Wetterling's last footprint is indicative of such a scenario and that LE's initial reaction to the crime was correct......as for the detour in 2004.....I have no explanation.

I love this post, its alot of assuming and alot of confusion. Exactly where we really are with the evidence. Now if that does end up being munds print, that is not to say Jacobs prints don't exist elsewhere entering a vehicle. One thing we have all agreed on in the past with the pic of this footprint is that it never made sense that there wasn't more action or a struggle there with perp footprints included. Seriously guys, if someone walked jacob to a vehicle on the gravel and put him in, there has to be that evidence.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jac...AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=2W8r9pW6ByhhCM:

If you are familiar with this driveway you will know that this picture is showing LE doing castings of what appears to be a car that stopped at the beginning of the driveway right before the road. Well we know Kevin stopped to look at the bikes and with headlights on he probably would have stopped exactly where the picture is showing. If you think Heinrich stopped his car there so close to the road, how did the boys not see it then?

20160727_000442.jpg

This is the most rediculus ending footprint of someone entering a vehicle that I have ever seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suza_l
Back