Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a horrible tragedy and I'm sorry that your family has had to go through this. But, I'm also very glad that your nephew won't have to live under the cloud of suspicion that Walt Zimbeck has lived under all these years. People were so cruel that first day, and it is heartbreaking that he had to see/hear that in addition to everything that was happening.
(not the greatest use of words, my apologies, I'm not the greatest at expressing myself through writing)

I am so thankful for that too Sue! If he had not been caught... the thought would always be there with some people and he would have that cloud. Very thankful that LE captured him quickly..for society and nephew!

This needs to be authorized by authorities. If it is true someone is going to be very surprised to have a bunch of locals showing on their lawn asking questions or they will be having LE showing up.

I'm not understanding what you're saying.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CoY23MzVIAAe3-k.jpg
    CoY23MzVIAAe3-k.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 371
This needs to be authorized by authorities. If it is true someone is going to be very surprised to have a bunch of locals showing on their lawn asking questions or they will be having LE showing up.

He lived there when Lori went missing, back in 85.

According to NOLO.com the reasons why a defendant might waive a preliminary hearing:
[FONT=&quot]A defendant may decide, after consulting with counsel, to waive the prelim. This allows the case to proceed to trial (though not immediately). The reasons the defense might waive the right to a preliminary hearing include:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The defendant intends to plead guilty and wants to avoid publicity (and expense, if the defendant is represented by private counsel).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The defendant is guilty of more than the charged offenses and fears further charges from the potentially damning evidence that may come out at the preliminary hearing. Also, if the facts of the case are particularly nasty, and the defendant plans to plead guilty anyway, the less the sentencing judge hears about the facts, the better for the defendant.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The prosecution’s case is strong, and the defense fears that prosecution witnesses may become so entrenched in their positions once they testify under oath at a prelim that they may become angry (or angrier) with the defendant and possibly refuse later interviews requested by the defense as it prepares for trial.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The prosecution intends to call witnesses at the prelim who may be unavailable at the time of trial. If the prelim goes forward, this testimony will be available in the form of transcripts from the prelim for the prosecution to use at trial. By waiving the prelim, the defendant may prevent the testimony from coming in when trial time rolls around.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The defendant wants to stall in the hopes that by the time the case comes to trial, the prosecution’s witnesses will have either disappeared, forgotten, or become confused about what happened during the alleged crime. In this situation, the defense may waive the prelim and move for several continuances (delays) of the trial date.[/FONT]

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• CoY2kYEWEAAQxmI.jpg
    CoY2kYEWEAAQxmI.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 380
I'm not understanding what you're saying.

I've heard also from other sources, but it's all hearsay right now. If people search and say where she lived someone who lives there now is going to have people showing up. It will be a shock to them. Loris sister has stated also that she doesn't want people contacting her and to talk to her lawyer about the new accusations that are floating around.

Ms. Hills body was found so I can't imagine why anyone would show up there except for gawking.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've heard also from other sources, but it's all hearsay right now. If people search and say where she lived someone who lives there now is going to have people showing up. It will be a shock to them. Loris sister has stated also that she doesn't want people contacting her and to talk to her lawyer about the new accusations that are floating around.

I don't know where Lori lives and said nothing about her. According to my source, at least one person associated with the Lori Hill case have been notified about his address on Lincoln

I need Steelman to do a map for me of previous post....YOu out there Mapmaster??

I don't think anyone would show up at their house. There's no reason to.

According to NOLO.com the reasons why a defendant might waive a preliminary hearing:
[FONT=&amp]A defendant may decide, after consulting with counsel, to waive the prelim. This allows the case to proceed to trial (though not immediately). The reasons the defense might waive the right to a preliminary hearing include:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The defendant intends to plead guilty and wants to avoid publicity (and expense, if the defendant is represented by private counsel).[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The defendant is guilty of more than the charged offenses and fears further charges from the potentially damning evidence that may come out at the preliminary hearing. Also, if the facts of the case are particularly nasty, and the defendant plans to plead guilty anyway, the less the sentencing judge hears about the facts, the better for the defendant.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The prosecution’s case is strong, and the defense fears that prosecution witnesses may become so entrenched in their positions once they testify under oath at a prelim that they may become angry (or angrier) with the defendant and possibly refuse later interviews requested by the defense as it prepares for trial.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The prosecution intends to call witnesses at the prelim who may be unavailable at the time of trial. If the prelim goes forward, this testimony will be available in the form of transcripts from the prelim for the prosecution to use at trial. By waiving the prelim, the defendant may prevent the testimony from coming in when trial time rolls around.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The defendant wants to stall in the hopes that by the time the case comes to trial, the prosecution’s witnesses will have either disappeared, forgotten, or become confused about what happened during the alleged crime. In this situation, the defense may waive the prelim and move for several continuances (delays) of the trial date.[/FONT]

Thanks for posting this. I was saying yesterday that more than likely the hearing today would not result in much because of the additional aggravated murder charge. No need to do much of a prelim yet as they will do a prelim for the agg murder charge now too and can do both then. So, I believe the reason here is bullet 2 --- there are more charged offenses and more to come. Don't need anything coming out just yet (in his mind).

I don't know where Lori lives and said nothing about her. According to my source, at least one person associated with the Lori Hill case have been notified about his address on Lincoln

I need Steelman to do a map for me of previous post....YOu out there Mapmaster??

It was posted on FB earlier today too, and the girl who posted it said that they contacted the Sheriff Dept and Amber Vanguten's office.

Thanks for posting this. I was saying yesterday that more than likely the hearing today would not result in much because of the additional aggravated murder charge. No need to do much of a prelim yet as they will do a prelim for the agg murder charge now too and can do both then. So, I believe the reason here is bullet 2 --- there are more charged offenses and more to come. Don't need anything coming out just yet (in his mind).
Exactly. I think #2 is why he waived this hearing. Plus, I'm sure more evidence will come to light in that hearing.

Ms. Hills body was found so I can't imagine why anyone would show up there except for gawking.

Ahhhhh...now I get it! Thank you for clarity! Totally understandable.

I was just told by an old neighbor that The Devil lived on Lincoln St. in Swanton, Ohio when Lori Ann Hill went missing.

Lori Ann Hill stopped at a local pizza parlor, made a phone call, and was last sighting was walking North on the Hallett Ave. overpass of the turnpike

Ms. Hill's body was found off CR M B/T CR 12& 13 in a wooded area about 13 miles from her home at 714 South Berkey - Southern Rd. and 7 miles northeast of Wauseon

Neep a map MapMaster!!

He LIVED in Swanton when she was murdered! LE also states that she was killed elsewhere and dumped there.

Do you know or have we asked any of our Map experts about location (s) of railroad tracks , specifically the one stated in this article?
http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Law-Enforcement/Investigator/Cold-Case/Homicides/Jaso

Hi all, I have been lurking this thread since it started and only now received posting privileges, so I am happy to finally be able to join the discussion (although I wish it were under better circumstances). I felt compelled to post because I am a local. I am from "in town" Metamora, roughly 5-10 min away from where Sierah lived (I'm okay revealing that because I have since moved), and attended Evergreen, same as Sierah and Josh. I was one grade older than them, but my life was touched by both of them. Sierah was in 2 classes with me and was the sweetest soul. Good grades, active in sports and clubs, and an all around gracious and kind person. My mom also worked with Sierah at a job Sierah had just during the summers. When we heard that Sierah's body had been found over the weekend, we were on a family vacation and silently cried together in the middle of a restaurant. Those last little shreds of hope we had were destroyed. We tried not to let it ruin our trip, but the mood was definitely somber the test of the time. In the school musical one year, Josh was my dancing partner and reflected those qualities of Sierah's as well. So sweet and patient, too (I was a terrible dancer LOL). My heart breaks for them- they were so in love. If I'm not mistaken they had been together since middle school, probably age 13. The hardest part of this experience was seeing people try to accuse Josh of being suspicious before JDW was arrested. I had to avoid looking at social media comments because it both enraged me and made me want to cry that people would accuse Josh of hurting her, when if you really knew them, you could literally feel their love radiate when you were near them. I knew he would never, ever hurt Sierah. This whole ordeal has rocked our community. I think of all the times I biked and ran alone on that SAME street all those years and want to break down and cry knowing that creep was there all along. I hate that Sierah had to be sacrificed for him to finally (hopefully) be put to justice. She, her family, Josh, and everyone who loved her did not deserve this. I hope the courts make the right judgement. Sorry for the super long first post- I really have not been able to properly vent my feelings about this situation until now, so thanks for listening :)

Jashrema is a verified insider on this case. That makes the difference.

Maybe Foxfire can elaborate on the potential impact of the Alford plea in the original abduction case ... Admissible or inadmissible in SJ's case when it comes prosecution time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member